Video of the day!

Anything and everything about the Utah BMX scene.

Moderators: JAlvey, bnd

DARLA

Postby DARLA » Fri Dec 09, 2005 8:35 am

Trav-

That big table top at the end of the last straight at Rad was so big.

That is when Brody was 3 and just starting racing and Sheldon and I ran around the track with him. That table top took me out a few times and I wasn't even on a bike. :lol:

The videos of Logan Indoor are awesome. Those were good times for sure. Brody's first race was in Logan Indoor. Mitch Ropelato also started race that same time.

Ali- That is awesome that Madison is taking about racing again. We miss you guys. Come out and race or just visit.

Darla

JasonStout
GT

Postby JasonStout » Fri Dec 09, 2005 9:27 am

Awesome videos!

Curtis- Melton (darker jersey) won it, Spencer (in yellow) is the one going high-low in the last corner.

JS

Curtis Newkirk
Photog Extraordinaire

Postby Curtis Newkirk » Fri Dec 09, 2005 11:07 am

Thanks Stout. I guess if I would have turned up the volume on my home PC last night I would have heard it like I did today at work ;)

That track looked like a lot of fun. How did you guys feel about the two extra 90 deg. turns?
~Curtis

bnd
Information Minister

Postby bnd » Fri Dec 09, 2005 3:32 pm

Looks can be deceiving Curtis, that layout sucked hard. The 90*s, you were prone to washing out down low. The whole second straight was uphill, alot of work has gone into how the track rides today (flow).

More vid's......

This was ABA Boise Nat. 1998. This summer was probebly the fastest I was riding since coming back to it.
- 1st moto, I unclip & have to play catch up. I catch Roland going into the last straight & eat it hard into the face of a jump. I remember laying there for a few minutes with my bell rung & the air knocked out of me.
- 2nd moto, transfer out.
- Main. I remember some bar-banging for sure out of the gate & down the first straight. I ended up 3rd.

http://www.utahbmx.com/bnd/bruceboise98.wmv

Last but not least, this is the biggest stud, yeah bigger than TP that I have ever seen on a track. Pat Male is his name & he was all nails when he got on the bike. The kid came 2 inches from winning a national one year in novice & would make his intermediate mains more times than not. Take a good, close look.........from the 99' Reno national.

http://www.utahbmx.com/bnd/patmalefootage99.wmv

This is for all you Napoleon fans.......

http://www.utahbmx.com/bnd/Napoleon.wmv

b.

Curtis Newkirk
Photog Extraordinaire

Postby Curtis Newkirk » Fri Dec 09, 2005 4:02 pm

bnd wrote:Take a good, close look.........from the 99' Reno national.

Wow - I used to know a guy like that in TX. He raced MTB's and I always had a hard time staying ahead of him.
~Curtis

Punk-Biker940
GT

Postby Punk-Biker940 » Fri Dec 09, 2005 10:50 pm

Wow, Rad Canyon looked ALOT different....

K.Sleater

Postby K.Sleater » Fri Dec 09, 2005 11:26 pm

Pat Male is amazing kid, Roland talked to his dad in Reno one year and if I rememeber correctly, he is also a State champion wrestler.

UtahLori
Utah's Girl Pro Mom

Postby UtahLori » Sun Dec 11, 2005 11:48 am

Patrick was great off the track as well. He and his father started a charity foundation that recycled prosthetics to children. Because they are so expensive and children grow so quickly , this allowed many kids who would have had to go without, more mobility.
You can't always change your destination overnight but you can change your direction.

bnd
Information Minister

Postby bnd » Tue Mar 28, 2006 6:24 pm

I watched this video of Euro Pro lady Shanze Reade yesterday. ALOT of hype is surrounding this gal as she looks like the "next step" in womens pro racing. Also, check out that track, it's located in England, I love how it's mostly jumps.

http://schijfbmxfactoryteam.flexvps.nl/filmpjes/verslagen/2005_ek78/film/Zo%20Junior%20Women.wmv

b.

Diesel
AA Pro Track Sweeper

Postby Diesel » Tue Mar 28, 2006 8:19 pm

Pretty big girl there!!! Big first straight pull!!! You don't suppose "she" is one of those "gals" from East Germany that got one of those operations do ya??? At the very least, she most assuredly lives in a "SMOKEFREE" environment!!! Cool video Bruce!!!

Robby said he'd love to ride that track!!! Lets make Rad look like that!!!Except for the flat turns that is.

Diesel
Man made Global Warming is a HOAX!
Al Gore and his boy's gonna take you to the cleaners while they get bank!
Stop Obamacare, Cap and Tax and Alien Amnesty!

bnd
Information Minister

Postby bnd » Tue Mar 28, 2006 8:42 pm

East German gals.......

Hhehe, just kidding, this chick is Russian. I think Shanze is from U.K., France or S. Africa, not sure. I don't know what she looks like but she hauls butt & would probebly hand mine to me on a platter.

Yep, I love the track too!

b.

bmxchris73
GT

Postby bmxchris73 » Tue Mar 28, 2006 9:41 pm

anybody have videos from logan outdoor???

bnd
Information Minister

Postby bnd » Sat Apr 29, 2006 10:03 pm

Sidehacks in action at the Roseville national a week ago.

http://www.bmxtvdirect.com/videos/sidehacks-usnats-b.wmv

b.

redlinerider
Intense

Postby redlinerider » Tue May 02, 2006 11:17 am

dude that side hack looked like a riot i wish i could have been there
go big, or go home

FLYNHIGH
Flynhighbmx Webmaster

Postby FLYNHIGH » Tue May 02, 2006 11:49 am

Robby and I were talking about being a team for one of those races. Horsepower on one side and lightweight on the other!!! There's no way we would loose! Mabye we could get one of those races going on at Rad Canyon this summer!?!? Anybody? Anybody?

Return to “UtahBMX”