Rider Profiles - Test Page Up! Suggestions?

Anything and everything about the Utah BMX scene.

Moderators: JAlvey, bnd

J Gallo
Web Guy

Rider Profiles - Test Page Up! Suggestions?

Postby J Gallo » Mon Jul 12, 2004 7:51 am

I started working this weekend on the Rider Profile pages. I'm working on the page format first, then I'll do the background programming that will add and display riders profiles. It might take a couple weeks to put everything together, but hopefully it will be a popular feature on the site.

My question to you, our faithful UtahBMX'ers, is what kind of info would you like to see on each rider? I'm looking for any suggestions. I'll have the standard info like name, nicknames, type of bike, accomplishments, goals, etc, but are there any fun and interesting questions that you'd like to see?

As always, I thank you for your support!
Last edited by J Gallo on Tue Jul 13, 2004 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gallo
"The ability to walk fully upright is overrated. Along with tying your own shoes."

J Gallo
Web Guy

Postby J Gallo » Tue Jul 13, 2004 6:18 pm

Ok. I've worked up a prototype of what the Rider Profile page will look like. This is just the start, but I was hoping to get some feedback as to what you think.

Rider Profile Page

I would really like to hear any comments or suggestions. Just reply back to this post, or feel free to email me.

Thanks for your support!
Gallo
"The ability to walk fully upright is overrated. Along with tying your own shoes."

Postby guest » Wed Jul 14, 2004 12:37 am

How about including interests outside of bmx, how you got into riding, favorite track and riding influences. Good job with the site!

D Dale
GT

Postby D Dale » Wed Jul 14, 2004 7:35 am

The rider profile page looks great. Good job.

We missed you last night at Rad. There were some ugly wrecks.

My son Colton was one of them. He jumped the big double and when he landed his tire washed out and he went down. The other three riders behind him ran into him or ran him over. He is ok. Lots of road rash and a sore neck. He's a tough one!!

Keep up the good work. This site is awesome.

Darla

J Gallo
Web Guy

Postby J Gallo » Wed Jul 14, 2004 8:19 am

Thanks for the suggestions, those sound great and I'll get those included! I think I might also change the format a little based on each rider, maybe even let riders make up their own questions. I'll start putting together the page tonite to let riders register for rider profiles, stay tuned!

Darla,

I missed being out there too. It's tough to not race when you live 5 mins away from the track, but I had some things to handle around the house, and I REALLY wanted to work on the rider profile page. I had some ideas during the day and wanted to see what they would look like. Good to hear Colton is okay. I'll be out there thursday for sure!
Gallo

mackdaddy
Resident Sushi Expert

Postby mackdaddy » Wed Jul 14, 2004 9:28 am

Jas,
Add favorite track to the list, could add sponsors too!!!
Looks great though!!! Love the idea
Jason Melton
Overland Group
jmelton@overlandcorp.com
http://www.jasonsellsslc.com
(801)860-9357

J Gallo
Web Guy

Postby J Gallo » Wed Jul 14, 2004 9:36 am

Fav Track: Already on the To-Do list thanks to Guest post above.
Sponsors: Now added to the list.

Thanks J!

I knew you all would have some good ideas! Keep 'em coming!
Gallo

Return to “UtahBMX”