So... uh... anyone notice anything different today?

Anything and everything about the Utah BMX scene.

Moderators: JAlvey, bnd

J Gallo
Web Guy

So... uh... anyone notice anything different today?

Postby J Gallo » Thu Feb 01, 2007 2:09 pm

After working on a redesign for sometime, I was finally happy enough with the structure to upload the redesign to the site, even tho it is clearly not finished. I did this for 2 reasons; I want people to see the direction I'm taking the site, specifically the featured video section on the front page. I also did it to get some feedback and testing.

Unfortunately, after uploading the redesign last night, the video did not work correctly, which after spending time last night trying to fix it, I finally just gave up and went to bed (2am). But, I believe I have solved that issue and the intro video should be viewable by all. I've tested the page in Internet Explorer (6.0), Firefox (2.0) and Opera (9.02) and all seems well. Let me know if for some reason the intro video is not viewable on the front page. You may need to give it a minute to load depending on your internet connection speed.

Anyway, as I stated, the site is not completely done. I've still got alot of things to add and enhance. As always, any feedback, comments or suggestions are MORE than welcome!!
Last edited by J Gallo on Thu Feb 01, 2007 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gallo
"The ability to walk fully upright is overrated. Along with tying your own shoes."

B-Town
www.btiwheels.com

Postby B-Town » Thu Feb 01, 2007 2:31 pm

Looks great :D

B

mackdaddy
Resident Sushi Expert

Postby mackdaddy » Thu Feb 01, 2007 3:37 pm

I love the new design great work Jason
Jason Melton
Overland Group
jmelton@overlandcorp.com
http://www.jasonsellsslc.com
(801)860-9357

J Gallo
Web Guy

Postby J Gallo » Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:57 am

Ok, I think I'm starting to get the video thing a little more dialed in. Hopefully there haven't been any issues watching it. I was able to convert and upload the Pro Am main video last night, and it should be good for viewing today. I'll change the video periodically (once a week or so, maybe more) as I get the time.

Also, does anyone have any opinions about the poll feature? I know it got pretty stale, so I was considering taking it off all together, but I think it can serve a purpose in the future. Maybe I'll just find a small place to sneak it in, and I'll definitely provide a link to past polls.

Here are a few other things I have planned to work on as I get time:

Rider Profiles. These will get revised and enhanced. I was thinking of putting some programming time in to create something like Travis had, but it seems like most of our riders have myspace profiles now, so I may scale back. The one thing I want to accomplish is "self" editing. Instead of sending the info to me to update, I'll program it so you can edit your own profile, and upload your own pics. Unfortunately, this will probably not happen for a couple months.

Points Tracking. I have seen a dramatic increase of riders registering for the points tracking feature, especially from out of town riders which is really cool. I had pretty much put that feature on the back burner, but I will put some time into finishing the programming. Again like the rider profiles, it will have the ability to self edit, clear, etc. Also, I'll "dress" up the aesthetics a little to make it match the current design.

Videos. I plan on creating a full library for videos. I'm hoping to make this a searchable database, so you can find videos by track, class, date, etc. Maybe even by rider, but we'll see. I don't have a complete game plan yet, but I've got a vision in my head that I hope will translate to the site. Again, programming will take some time. When is our off season again?? HAHA

Ad campaign. I have this idea (well, I sort of stole the idea from my work) to do some Utah BMX ads. I've got a concept, and I may be calling on a few of our Utah BMX'ers to help make it happen. I'm still not sure what the end result of these ad's might be, but it could be cool to send out with press releases to news sites and such. More on this later.....

Well, I've got a ton more plans. I just wish there was either more time in the day, or I required less sleep. Anyone know where I can get a job that will pay me to develop the UtahBMX.com site? HAHA :)
Gallo
"The ability to walk fully upright is overrated. Along with tying your own shoes."

boostman
Huffy

Postby boostman » Fri Feb 02, 2007 10:40 pm

Looks fantastic Jason, thanks again for all you do!

J Gallo
Web Guy

Postby J Gallo » Sat Feb 03, 2007 10:29 am

Ad campaign. I have this idea (well, I sort of stole the idea from my work) to do some Utah BMX ads.

Well, I had some inspiration yesterday, and with the help of Alex Gren, I put together this quick concept. This is just a rough draft, but it should give you a good idea of whats in my head. Let me know what you think!

Gallo

Return to “UtahBMX”