BIG DOUGH PRO-AM FEBRUARY 24th

Anything and everything about the Utah BMX scene.

Moderators: JAlvey, bnd

sspencer
Factory Bikini Cuts Hotshoe

BIG DOUGH PRO-AM FEBRUARY 24th

Postby sspencer » Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:25 pm

Rad Canyon Indoor is closing out its season with a big grand finale! Not only are there thousands of dollars in prizes to be raffled off for the Bob Lunak Memorial Race but there will be BIG BUCKS up for grabs at the last Pro-Am of the indoor season!!! Last count the purse was already at $1500.00 and there are people out pounding the pavement for more $$$!!!

Be sure to cancel all other plans to be at Rad Canyon Indoor BMX on February 24th for what will be the greatest event of the indoor season!

If you are interested in helping donate to the Pro-Am purse please contact me, Steve Spencer steve-spencer@hotmail.com

Thanks and see you there!
Spence'- dizzle fo'- shizzle
UTAH BMX Charter Member

sspencer

Postby sspencer » Fri Feb 15, 2008 2:32 pm

Pro-Am Purse Update -

$2300.00 and still growing!!!

Thank you Rob Hargis for chasing down the sponsors for this special event!

UTAH BMX Charter Member

bnd
Information Minister

Postby bnd » Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:37 pm

Any chance of you being able to tell us what the prize breakdown is in the semis?

Thanks,
b.

sspencer

Postby sspencer » Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:47 pm

Nope, sorry Bruce! Prizes and money are still coming in so I dont want to commit to anything or take a chance of cutting somebody short :D
But 5th through 8th in the Pro Am semis wont be leaving empty handed thats for sure.

Hang tight, next weekend will be a doozy!
Steve

UTAH BMX Charter Member

greg
2004 36-40 Cruiser State Champ

Postby greg » Sat Feb 16, 2008 12:06 am

how about running a B main for non-qualifiers of the semis? and why not have some semis and a C main for the non-qualifiers of the 1/4s (we willl have 1/4s, right!)? Share the wealth and make it fun for everyone.

I can get some donations for the watered down races if you think it would be good to do.

In fact, I'll put a personal gar-un-tee on an additional $200 for the C-main if ya wanna do it. Just for poops and giggles, I'd like to see who's the fastest slow person.
Greg "how long does it take you to crash" prawitt

sspencer

Postby sspencer » Sat Feb 16, 2008 12:59 am

Greg,

A "B Main" is under consideration. We are trying to make sure that both the fundraiser raffle and the pro-am purse are supported equally and that both are a success. We will post up final scheduling early next week.

Everyone keep pumping up the race and get some support for it!

Thanks,
Steve

UTAH BMX Charter Member

bnd
Information Minister

Postby bnd » Sat Feb 16, 2008 9:15 am

greg wrote:In fact, I'll put a personal gar-un-tee on an additional $200 for the C-main if ya wanna do it. Just for poops and giggles, I'd like to see who's the fastest slow person.

I ain't to proud to say that I'll be gunning for this prize right now. Saving my energy for the "C" main & doing it with style!

Thanks Greg for supporting this great event.

b.

sspencer

Postby sspencer » Sat Feb 16, 2008 10:22 am

A 'C' main isnt out of the question but I would hate to dilute the purse to keep paying down the list. The idea of the race is showcasing the fastest racers and I want to stay true to that theme.

Please also remember we have the Bob Lunak Memorial festivities going on also. This plus running motos will take up quite a bit more time than usual and we need to be mindful of those travelling long distances who need to leave at a reasonable time. And dont forget those of us who have to stay after and tear everything down :(

I dont mean to upset anybody but we need to consider all factors in putting on a quality and efficient show.

Thanks,
Steve

UTAH BMX Charter Member

greg

Postby greg » Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:57 am

Steve, sorry if I stepped on any toes there. I totally respect what you're doing (and the rest of the crew), and trust that you'll put on a great show.

My thoughts were actually along the same way as yours with showcasing the riders. Even the "fasted slow person" will still be well worth the effort to showcase. I think the pro-ams provide some of the best racing there is, and I just thought that maybe allowing the riders to race a few more times would be appreciated.

I also thought it might entise some racers that might otherwise sit it out due to thinking there is no way to make it into the money mains. Anyway, my initial thoughts were doing a C-main only if 28 riders or more sign up, and maybe doing a little higher number of riders transfering into 1/4s. It deviates a little from the standard ABA transfer, but since it's an open, why not have some fun with it.

With 28-32 riders you have 4 racks in motos, transfer 3 and 3 (total of 6 qualify) in each moto to 1/4s. Then transfer 4 out of each 1/4 to semis and the rest go straight to an 8 man C-main (Bruce & company). In semis, take top 4 to A-main, bottom for B-main.

33-40 riders you have 5 racks transfer 2 and 3 (total of 5 qualify) in each moto to 1/4s. Then transfer top 4 out of each 1/4 to semis and then next 2 from each go straight to an 8 man C-main (leaving one rider out of 1/4s to be dropped). In semis, take top 4 to A-main, bottom for B-main.

This only adds a few more races (1/4s and B and C mains), allows for some mistakes without putting you out of the potential for money, gives some of these guys more track time in front of the crowd, and just sounds friggin cool for us to have A, B, and C mains for the pro-ams.

Anyway, just a thought. No big deal either way.

sspencer

Postby sspencer » Mon Feb 18, 2008 3:30 pm

Hey Greg,

We appreciate the feedback and your interest in supporting the additional mains. I understand the approach to entice the riders who question if they can finish in the money to still have a chance but the whole idea for the ProAm is to whittle down the top racers and have them go at it for the big bucks. There may be a time and place down the road for such an event but for this weekend we want to keep things straight forward and not add to the already hectic registration and finish line process.

Thanks again Greg for your input and thinking 'outside the box' to add to the event. If you would like, please put something together for an outdoor event and we may be able to do something then.

Steve

UTAH BMX Charter Member

bnd
Information Minister

Postby bnd » Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:59 pm

Think you can go with a 3-moto main event, just like the nats?
It would be one way to give the crowd more bang for the buck.

b.

Punk-Biker940
GT

Postby Punk-Biker940 » Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:14 pm

I think we should have a girls pro am again, that was way fun

sspencer

Postby sspencer » Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:45 pm

We will have a different format than the standard one-lap main for the pro-am. There will be a schedule of the race posted soon.

We appreciate the suggestions for the event but we are locking down the schedule and the format now so please save any late ideas for the next event and we can consider them at that time.

Alex,
We will look into the Girl Pro-Am but it is a little short notice to set up a purse. I will get back to you on it.

Thanks for everyones input,
Steve

UTAH BMX Charter Member

thebmxlife
Huffy

Postby thebmxlife » Tue Feb 19, 2008 1:57 pm

Steve, thanks so much to organizing this. All the volunteers do such an
awesome job so that we can just sit back an enjoy a great weekend of racing.

There have been lots of ideas about A, B, & C mains but I think this is not
the appropriate venue for that. We have the potential of bringing quite a
few pros from out of town. They would be quite disapointed to find that
there purse was divided up among more than just the top 8.

Anyway, I can't wait. I am going to buy a bunch of raffle tickets and with
any luck go home with a great prize.

Thanks Again!

greg

Postby greg » Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:31 am

Just to clearify, I was not suggesting to dispurse the purse any more then usual.

Remember, I did say I would get an extra couple hundy for the other mains outside of the already huge purse if wanted.

Like I said though, no big deal either way. Just having some fun, throwing out ideas, seeing what people like, what they dont like. Who knows, maybe sometime down the road this idea might spring back up.

Return to “UtahBMX”