UCI Worlds In China

Anything and everything about the Utah BMX scene.

Moderators: JAlvey, bnd

Ashley Topham
Schwinn

UCI Worlds In China

Postby Ashley Topham » Sun May 25, 2008 10:37 pm

ok so hmm how to start off:

Lets just say this has been a very stressful trip so far.
we arrived in LA Saturday at like 6ish but we couldnt get our tickets to go to the terminal till 9:30 LA time. so we had to sit around forever. And LA's airport is really really huge. we walked like 5 or 7 blocks just to find Air China. yea..

but since flying out of LA which was a really cool flight even though it was 12 hours and 12264 miles from LA wasssssss a reallllllyyyyyy long freakin plane ride. We sat next this this woman from China and her name was Emma and she told us about her family.. kinda sad stories..

We finally arrive at the Bejing Air port this morning (Monday at like 4:30 China Time) and OMG its soo freakin huge. There was no one there except for the team USA people really. but let me tell you one of the most hard places to get around. and its really hard when no one speaks english at all and your about to miss your flight and the terminal is like a mile away and you have no clue where to get your bags checked in...... very stressing. But we made it. But some of the people that were supposed to catch the flight to Tayuian missed it.... yeah not good.

So we arrive and turns out that some of the luggage didn't make the flight like Mike Gulls race clothes didnt another kids bikes didnt. So that sucks

And the whole city is pretty much being rebuilt basically for the olympics. but anyways. People here drive crazzzzyyyyy there are like no lanes and people defiantely know how to use the Horn. And people who are riding thier bikes (which most are beach Crusiers) are riding on the freeway or highway.. whatever its called and we almost hit them and they dont care and they will stand out in the middle of the road and no one caes.. its really well yea i dunno... weird.

The food isnt so bad. the rooms and beds are really tiny. but so far its ok.

But thats just the update so far. ill post some pics later.
BMX CH!K

Ashley Topham
Schwinn

Postby Ashley Topham » Sun May 25, 2008 10:40 pm

also they treat us like were kings and queens your cant even push the elelvator button for yourself and they have people video taping us yeah its kinda cool.
BMX CH!K

Ashley Topham
Schwinn

Postby Ashley Topham » Tue May 27, 2008 6:59 am

so today we got our number plates and our jerseys not much went on tho. Went to practice ill post some pics of the track starting hill is pretty steep though. but its all good. 3rd straight kinda hard.

Alden Volle went down like 5 times but still got up and practiced.

couple new zealand girls didnt do so well they crashed kidna hard. but other than that it was a good practice.

Although there is alot of smog in the air. They said the sky will clean up a bit so it might actually be blue. Then not so many people will be coughind whatever.

i still think its crazzy how people drive here. We almost hit some one. But any ways practice tomorrow. should be good.

:)
BMX CH!K

Ashley Topham
Schwinn

Postby Ashley Topham » Wed May 28, 2008 7:04 pm

So yesterday (May 28th) we had practice Not so many people went down so that was pretty cool. We took the team picture up in the stands. The erd straight here is kinda hard they have a weird step up thing.. Collin hudson broke his other crank again today so that sucks.

but anyways they had a open ceremony that was only for the riders to go so they only gave riders tickets. it was pretty cool. They introduced every country that was there, a totally of 33. Then they showed us a cool show that consisted of singing and thier customs and let me tell you ive never heard singing like that ever haha. And that started at like 7 thier time and ended at 10 it was really long.

Today I dont race i do tomorrow.

Id post some pics but i dont know if i can
BMX CH!K

J Gallo
Web Guy

Postby J Gallo » Wed May 28, 2008 7:42 pm

Ash,

Thanks for the updates!!

You can post pics here, just use the "UploadPic" link on the upper right of the comment box. It will let upload your pics to the site, then just click "Insert:Standard" or "Insert: Upload another pic" if you have multiple pics.
Gallo
"The ability to walk fully upright is overrated. Along with tying your own shoes."

UtahLori
Utah's Girl Pro Mom

web cast live

Postby UtahLori » Wed May 28, 2008 9:27 pm

http://www.bmxworlds2008.com/bmx_en/index.aspx

Challange or Am classes running now...

Pro's have the day free to chill and prepare.
You can't always change your destination overnight but you can change your direction.

Return to “UtahBMX”