Track Build Help On Friday

Anything and everything about the Utah BMX scene.

Moderators: JAlvey, bnd

sspencer
Factory Bikini Cuts Hotshoe

Track Build Help On Friday

Postby sspencer » Wed Nov 19, 2008 3:15 pm

Hello fellow Utah BMXers,

Here we are approaching another exciting indoor BMX weekend. A key component to our fun filled weekends is building a safe and quality track for all to enjoy. The issue we run into with the Salt Lake County weekends is we only get about 8 hours to build the track on Friday! It really adds to the stress levels of all involved since we take great pride in assembling a good track. What we need are some additional hands to come out and help with some of the hand work and set up on Friday afternoon from 1:00 to 5:00pm. If any of you can make it out for an hour or two or more it would be greatly appreciated by the build crew as well as the racers who are ready to hit the track for practice asap on Friday night.

If you can make it out please contact me at steve-spencer@hotmail.com so I can know who to plan on. Please remember that our races would not happen with out the valued help of all of our volunteers here in Utah.

Thanks and I look forward to seeing everyone out to the track this weekend!
Steve
Spence'- dizzle fo'- shizzle
UTAH BMX Charter Member

Punk-Biker940
GT

Re: Track Build Help On Friday

Postby Punk-Biker940 » Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:55 am

We gotta start diggin up more dirt for a pro section! :D

sspencer

Postby sspencer » Sun Nov 23, 2008 8:14 pm

We gotta start diggin up more dirt for a pro section!

WE? I have a shovel saved for you next time we build :P Sorry Alex, I couldnt resist poking a little fun :D

It would have been nice to have a little more dirt but we work with what we are given by the county. They have a new crew who dig up for us so they are going though a learning curve. We were fortunate to get to start a little earlier than usual and we had one of the best packed tracks ever for Friday night. We try our best to please everyone but is not always the case. If we get more dirt next time we will try to build a dirt jump but building a "race track" is our first priorty as a very small percentage of the riders can actually jump the gap we usually build.

First and foremost, we need to be thankful that we have a track and facility to race in during the winter and that we can get a decent track built in 8 hours. Thanks to all of the great volunteers who came out and helped get the track prepped Friday.

Thanks to EVERYONE who came out and supported Rad Canyon Indoor BMX this weekend!
Steve

UTAH BMX Charter Member

b2
Not a Troll!

Postby b2 » Sun Nov 23, 2008 8:18 pm

Keep up the great work, Steve! Thanks for all that you do to help us all have some fun! Where would Utah's BMX scene be without you?! We're very lucky to have you, Ron, Mont, Wes, and all the rest of the volunteers who put in a amazing amount of time. It was a great weekend of racing!

blurredboy
NEXT

Postby blurredboy » Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:42 pm

It was great getting to know some of you on Friday, and I had a great time helping out with building the track. Steve, I don't think I've ever seen you ride, but if it's anything like the way you operate a loader, you oughtta be a national champ! As one who owns (and occasionally operates) heavy equipment, man, you kill it! Thanks for the work you put in to build such a great track. I'll definitely be back for build day next time around.

--Troy (The guy on the skid steer)
--Troy

sspencer

Postby sspencer » Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:51 pm

Hi Troy,

Thanks again for your help. I appreciate the compliment. I dont know if I can operate a loader much better than I can ride a bike but I have fun doing both. I have made A LOT of mistakes a long the way to learn all of the little loader tricks but if you think I am good, you should see the guy who taught me... he kills it.

Hope to see you out in two weeks,
Steve

UTAH BMX Charter Member

Return to “UtahBMX”