D.P. SCQ Saturday night. *pics*

Anything and everything about the Utah BMX scene.

Moderators: JAlvey, bnd

bnd
Information Minister

D.P. SCQ Saturday night. *pics*

Postby bnd » Sun Jun 28, 2009 1:35 am

What a great turnout! I thought the MX guys were having some sort of event going on & couldn't believe all these rigs & people were there for the BMX racing. 47 motos & a very large rider count. I was able to watch some great racing in alot of classes & was also able to snap a few pics. How about the track? I took the time to ask as many riders as I could about the changes, especially the first straight, roughly 11 were polled, 2 liked it, 7 hated it & 2 thought it could be moved towards the backside of the table. The rest of the track got rave reviews so I'll talk things over with Mike & see what he thinks about the roller. That's the great thing about Tooele, Darrin doesn't have a problem making changes for the better so if you have an opinion, let him know!
I wish I could of stayed after to ride/bs but Danita & MIke (Mish) both had to get up early for fishing & a work meeting(!!) so we had to bail. See you next race & thanks again for supporting Deseret Peak BMX.

"Crazy old guys" 8)

b.
“Sometimes if you want to see a change for the better, you have to take things into your own hands.”

INTOOSUNS
Schwinn

Re: D.P. SCQ Saturday night. *pics*

Postby INTOOSUNS » Sun Jun 28, 2009 1:51 pm

Hey Bruce,
Thanks for taking a picture of the Women's Cruiser class. :D Most of the time, I feel, the women's don't get the appreciation of riding. It was great to have your wife, Dirt Diva in the mix. :lol:
Arlene

LocoTone
GT

Postby LocoTone » Sun Jun 28, 2009 2:28 pm

Our family had a great time at DP last night! The track is in the best shape it has ever been. The flow and rythym of the entire track is great, not too challenging, yet still plenty of obstacles to dice it up. Darrin and Mike and everybody else involved needs a great big THANKS for everything they do.
Thanks also to Bruce for the pics and that special gift in the pits. Can't wait to see the helmet cam footage.
The racing was top notch, and the riding after was a blast, my thighs are upset at me today for that. I'd like to get some of those younger riders to share some of their courage with me so maybe I can have the guts to try the pro section. Funny how that works.
By the way, what happened with Bob Silverthorne missing his main? I hope everything is okay. Our main would have had a whole different dynamic had he been able to race.

See everyone on Tuesday, or Thursday, or next Saturday, or whatever.

lemnchelle
NEXT

Postby lemnchelle » Sun Jun 28, 2009 3:17 pm

Tony and I and the kids had a great time last night! :lol: The practice after the races was great and very helpful for me. I would love to see the video from the cam on Bruce's helmet, that footage should be great. Thanks to all the ladies for being so great and making me feel welcome! I am having a great time so far! :D See you next week.

Michelle :mrgreen:

bnd
Information Minister

Postby bnd » Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:05 pm

More pics!

BTW, the helmet cam footage is up on the "UtahBMXcom" YouTube page. Go to the Video of the day & the link is right there.

b.
“Sometimes if you want to see a change for the better, you have to take things into your own hands.”

Return to “UtahBMX”