Guess who?

Anything and everything about the Utah BMX scene.

Moderators: JAlvey, bnd

bnd
Information Minister

Guess who?

Postby bnd » Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:11 pm

This was from late 98' at Logan indoors. Wearing the old Joe's Guitars jersey, he doesn't race anymore & his gate was just as quick as his wit. He's still out at the track & everybody knows him, guess who?

b.
“Sometimes if you want to see a change for the better, you have to take things into your own hands.”

D Dale
GT

Re: Guess who?

Postby D Dale » Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:34 am

I know .. I know. Check out the cute kid watching his dad get a killer gate. :)

b2
Not a Troll!

Postby b2 » Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:22 am

i'm going to guess Roland...

D Dale
GT

Postby D Dale » Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:38 am

Bingo!!!

LocoTone
GT

Postby LocoTone » Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:39 pm

Oh, the memories of Logan Indoor. The wooden jumps, the 6 man gate with 8 riders in it, the sprained ankle. We were COG before COG was cool.

Diesel
AA Pro Track Sweeper

Postby Diesel » Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:52 pm

The seat on his bike is also a good indicator!

If I'm not mistaken, this was our very first race weekend ever. Danny started out first on a steel Dyno Pro XL at age 10. That night I bought a Robinson from the Allreds and he made his main in 10 novice the next day! Robby's first race was at Rocksprings the following January. We've done a lot of BMX racing since then! What a deal!!!

The guy running the gate was from Preston ID but I can't remember his name. His daughter with the really long hair raced right? Can't remember her name either but she was around a year or 2 ago at Rad Indoor as I recall.

Diesel
Man made Global Warming is a HOAX!
Al Gore and his boy's gonna take you to the cleaners while they get bank!
Stop Obamacare, Cap and Tax and Alien Amnesty!

bnd
Information Minister

Postby bnd » Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:00 pm

The guy operating the gate is Manini (s/p?) His daughter is Angelina, who is married to D.J. Lortcherererer.....(can't spell these peeps last names!) . D.J. tears it up when he races.

b
“Sometimes if you want to see a change for the better, you have to take things into your own hands.”

bnd
Information Minister

Postby bnd » Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:18 pm

So Tony mentioned the 6-man gate, it was really a 7-man gate. When we would have a 8-person moto or main the guys in lanes 1 & 8 had to literally get right on the far edge of the platform for everybody to fit, if you want to call it that. Handlebar to handle bar with no room between. When guys would load up in the middle & the bars ends would overlap, there would be alot of griping then the starter would get everybody lined up & you would be good to go.
Here is another shot of how small that gate really was. Count how amny guys are in this gate, now just imagine it with 8.

In case you missed it in the video of the day section, here is some footage from that track. Not only was the gate small so was the turns. ALOT of action in every corner.

http://www.utahbmx.com/bnd/loganindoorscrashmains98.wmv

b.

Diesel
AA Pro Track Sweeper

Postby Diesel » Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:22 pm

Oh yea! They were great!

I think that second day there was the first time I got pissed at Lonnie Dodd's grandmother! :wink: Ha Ha!
Last edited by Diesel on Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Man made Global Warming is a HOAX!
Al Gore and his boy's gonna take you to the cleaners while they get bank!
Stop Obamacare, Cap and Tax and Alien Amnesty!

oldbmxer66
NEXT

Postby oldbmxer66 » Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:37 pm

Those were the good 'ole days for sure.
That's me "the crumpler" winning my main.......I guess it was 26-30 cruiser back then. Man I am getting old.
I am checking this forum out cause I wanna do some indoor again....sure miss it!
I actually got to race Steve Spencer this summer in Idaho Falls. It was the first...and last time I raced this summer. I think it was the 4th of July weekend. Steve was in town visiting friends or family or something.
I have slowed down alot since my accident on the luge, but I think I can still be competitive.

bnd
Information Minister

Postby bnd » Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:35 am

My long lost twin, Steve Spencer has Shannon Gillette, I have Jace Proctor. 8)

Hey buddy, check out the indoor schedules from Davis County, Rad indoors & Rock Springs, it would be great if you guys would come down for a few of them. I also saw some pics of you on D's facebook & it looks like your in killer shape, training for some MMA?

b.

BMX4Me
Schwinn

Postby BMX4Me » Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:37 am

Hey Bruce!

Surprised to see the pic with my husband in the gate...not too many of those around. That was even before he had Pat Packer paint that frame.

Thanks,

Pam Healey

oldbmxer66
NEXT

Postby oldbmxer66 » Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:00 pm

dude, I still have one of those Joe's Guitars long sleeve shirts...... love it. Man, I miss the old days! Too much going on these days it seems. I don't ride bicycles much anymore. My wife and I have Harleys and we ride every weekend. Well.......I do anyway, she works so much anymore. I guess I still commute to work on a bicycle most of the time. It is only 1.6 miles, so not much of a workout. I thought I would get back into it this summer. I got a membership, practiced a few times and then kinda lost interest. There are no guys my age to race. The scene here in Idaho Falls kinda sucks. It seems like you guys got a great thing goin down there. I am gonna try real hard to get down there to race! Don't be a stranger Bruce. e-mail me! Send me some of those vintage race videos.

bnd
Information Minister

Postby bnd » Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:18 pm

I'll get ahold of you one way or another, I lost your phone # so maybe you can e-mail me your current number?

bndrace@comcast.net

Since everybody is going to be in the same boat this winter, only racing when there is racing I think you would be ok Jace. Your the Idaho version of Steve Spencer, you can be off your bike forever, come back & still kick ass. The track layouts are still the same as the ones when you guys came down a few years ago. Not too terribly difficult.
I'll tell you this though, there's this new breed of guys invading the older guys classes, they go by the name of "COG" (Crazy Old Guys) & they are really making all the old guard step it up. 8)

Pick out some weekends & c'mon down!

b.

oldbmxer66
NEXT

Postby oldbmxer66 » Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:29 pm

yeah, I'll keep haunting this forum to stay motivated. I will have to make the trip for the double-pointers. I only have a few vacation days left and I would want to come for the Friday night races to get in some practice. So I have to plan it right. I'll keep in touch.

Return to “UtahBMX”