Footdown and Bunnyhop world championships

Anything and everything about the Utah BMX scene.

Moderators: JAlvey, bnd

Jackie
GT

Footdown and Bunnyhop world championships

Postby Jackie » Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:23 am

Wanted to recognize the fun event we hosted at the Muterspaugh international Foot down stadium last Saturday. We had a great turnout ( I think just over 50 riders ). It is always funny to see my neighbors driving by with 50 people on bikes riding around on the driveway very funny! The competition was broken up into 3 classes, 12 and under, 13-20, and then the biggest class COG ( Crazy old guys ) including Travis Healy and Ryan Omeara. After several warm up rounds and some unique variations to the event we kicked off the world championships. We ran a 3 motto transfer to build the mains in each age group. The mains were set rocking theme music blaring and the mains were on.

12 and under - 1st Kegan Dilley 13-21 1st Skyler Muterspaugh COGS - 1st Travis Healey
2nd Dillan Muterspaugh 2nd BJ McKinley 2nd Kevin Dilley
3rd K. Healey 3rd Miss Thomas 3rd Larry Thomas

We then took each class winner and held the Grand final to crown the world champ
1st - Travis Healey
2nd - Skyler Muterspaugh
3rd - Keagan Dilley
All class and overall winners were given trophies for their efforts

After the foot down the next thing I know a bunny hop contest breaks out!! it started out innocent enough going over pop cans then the 12 pack boxes. We realized we had some sweet talent and had to go big! Next thing I know I am pulling jack stands out of the garage a broom stick to build a bunny hop bar. We exceeded the capabilities of the jack stands and had to add 2x4's to get the bar high enough. Once we hit 36" it was down to Travis, Zach Dilley, Kevin Dilley and Ryan Omera. Travis was the only one to clear that height so we thought we would throw Ryan Omera under the bar and have Travis try to clear him. Ryan borrowed Larry's retro helmet and climbed under the bar. If you have not seen it I took a picture capturing the moment and I hope to figure out how to post it if not Brent could you? So Travis swept the night with victories in foot down and bunny hop.

We closed night off with an awards ceremony and a campfire with all you can eat Smores. We will schedule another similar event in the spring just before we start outdoor.

Thanks to all our participants it was a blast ! See you indoors
Follow the fanny pack to the finish

Return to “UtahBMX”