Here's that classic Paulie Lange pic.

Anything and everything about the Utah BMX scene.

Moderators: JAlvey, bnd

bnd
Information Minister

Here's that classic Paulie Lange pic.

Postby bnd » Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:07 pm

We were talking about this during lunch today.

b.
“Sometimes if you want to see a change for the better, you have to take things into your own hands.”

greg
2004 36-40 Cruiser State Champ

Re: Here's that classic Paulie Lange pic.

Postby greg » Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:58 am

so, at what point in that sequence do you suppose his lips began to form the words, "ooohhhh, sh......t" lol
Greg "how long does it take you to crash" prawitt

ibmx
NEXT

Postby ibmx » Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:15 am

Probably right before he's about to land. Dats gotta hurt :lol:
FLATLAND IS ART

McCauley
GHP

Postby McCauley » Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:50 am

I have never caught that much AIR but I have found myself with the same end result plenty of times....Still its a nice sequence of shots

McCauley

sspencer
Factory Bikini Cuts Hotshoe

Postby sspencer » Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:45 pm

I was standing behind the photographer when Paulie did the jump in Boulder City. The amazing thing was that Paulie didnt get hurt. It was funny when he got up and started to walk and heard this clanking noise.... it was his snapped clean pedal and crank arm still attached to his clip shoe!

Paulie always tried crazy transfers like that. One of his more successful ones was when he was a 15x riding for Staats in Reno. There was a similar jump in the second straight but it was a big step up then a roller about 40' away. Paulie jumped from the top of the step to the roller first time in the middle of a race! The kid WAS amazing. He made some bad choices and didnt properly respect his talent and faded away. He still rides out at the Roseville track and could come back to be a threat in AA if he really wanted it.

Steve
Spence'- dizzle fo'- shizzle
UTAH BMX Charter Member

greg
2004 36-40 Cruiser State Champ

Postby greg » Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:27 am

Paulie must be made of rubber to not have gotten hurt on that landing. Still must of had a pretty good pucker factor when he realized he wasnt going to make it.

The clip pedal stuck on his shoe reminds me of a digger Spencer took when he was younger. I have to laugh every time I think of it. It was like a cartoon or something. Anyway, second straight at Rad, second double, Spencer (about 12 or 13 at the time) clips the backside lip and it sends him over the bars. He scrables to his feet to resume the race and his bike is stuck to his back. He had a chest protector on, and one of the axles got stuck in one of the little vent holes in the protector. He was twirling around like a dog chasing his tail trying to get his bike off his back. lol If I had a video camera for that, I swear I'd easily have won the "funniest home video" award.
Greg "how long does it take you to crash" prawitt

bnd
Information Minister

Postby bnd » Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:41 am

I think I remember that Greg. :)

I actually have the video of that Lange crash, it was featured in one of the Transit DVD's. Ill try to post it up today.

b.
“Sometimes if you want to see a change for the better, you have to take things into your own hands.”

Return to “UtahBMX”