RC indoors, cheers & jeers.

Anything and everything about the Utah BMX scene.

Moderators: JAlvey, bnd

once upon a time flyin J
NEXT

good ol races

Postby once upon a time flyin J » Fri Jan 07, 2005 6:12 pm

great seeing the bmx family again, I have missed you guys, and have for sure missed being at the races. The track looked fun surely wished my leg was healed and I had brought my bike. But I suppose it is better to let a bone heal, rather than re-injure myself. It was good for my schooling though, Straight A's for the fall semester, cant beat that. Anyway, cant wait to make it down to another race, and I would love to help announce or anything on the track if needed. see you guys soon

J

ps
told you mike, I know you could jump it.
death before dishonor

Postby Guest » Mon Jan 10, 2005 7:05 pm

jonas anytime you would like to anounce just ask. we lost rob when he moved back to cal. but it was great to have you back helping the kids just love you.

bnd
Information Minister

Postby bnd » Mon Jan 10, 2005 7:25 pm

Rob moved to California?! What gives?

b.

colton
I Love Barbies!

Postby colton » Mon Jan 10, 2005 8:20 pm

The Both's moved to California in November. Rob got a good job there and Hayley has childhood arthritis and the cold weather was too hard on her.

sspencer
Factory Bikini Cuts Hotshoe

Postby sspencer » Tue Jan 11, 2005 9:56 am

- I loved the track but one thing I don't care for is the HUGE first speed jump. I don't mind them but that thing is soo damn big that it really dictates (who & who cannot yak the front end up sky-high) the outcome of the race from the get go. Tone it down some next time pleeez!

OK b', consider it done.... I know when Ricky Carmichael or Warwick Stevenson get to a track and there is a jump they dont like, they ask to to have it changed to suit them :lol: :wink:
Bruce, accept the challenge and learn a new skill. You never know when you will get to a track and it will have a big roller for a first jump and wish you had some experience with an obstacle like it. Danita handled it just fine :D
Monster Mike is one of my biggest critics when it comes to track building and he liked the roller :P

Steve

Postby Guest » Tue Jan 11, 2005 10:16 am

:roll: I remember going to an out of state track several years ago where the T/O had told me, when we had called , that it had a 24 foot double coming out of the gate. When we got there he was absolutely correct......they were 24 feet apart exactly, and also exactly 2 feet high.
He was thrilled and had worked hard on his track, and the kids and I congratulated him on his nice facility and how fun it was to ride. :D
There is a lesson that my children learned that day......and it was to do your best on whatever challenge that is set before you, no matter how large or small. Challenges are not custom made, and to change them so that they are is to make them no challenge at all. We still look at the pics from that track, and fondly remember the challenge and how much fun we had facing it :)

BTW....the T/O also told me when I called, that NO one had ever been able to jump those dubs, and when we left that day after the races, that was still true:)

UtahLori
Utah's Girl Pro Mom

Postby UtahLori » Tue Jan 11, 2005 11:25 am

Jonas,

It's great to hear that you showed. You must have came just after Arielle left. Keep your chin up, injuries can heal stronger than before. :)

Let us know how BJ/and the fam is. We haven't been able to reach you by phone to find out.

LM

Curtis Newkirk
Photog Extraordinaire

Postby Curtis Newkirk » Tue Jan 11, 2005 11:44 am

Thats what I love about being new again in this sport. Tracks and obstacles have changed so much since 'the day' that it is all new to me. Roller, step-up, double, makes me no difference. All I can do is ride the bike and learn :wink:
~Curtis

bnd
Information Minister

Postby bnd » Tue Jan 11, 2005 2:59 pm

Oh, I can speed jump but I even have my limits, & thanks, I guess, for comparing me to Ricky or Warwick but maybe its time you need some new glasses! LoL.
Since you are going to cater to my riding skills make a few more notes on future tracks......

- Anybody who runs a Nag plate has to start backwards & sitting down in the gate. Blindfolded.
- No rythem sections.
- No rollers over 1ft' tall.
- No super banked berms, got to be flat.
- Have to include a real sand trap.
- Have to have a 4ft' drop off somewhere.
- Haybales that funnel you down into a singletrack & make you do a figure "8".
- A good sized water jump that has sharks......with fricking lasers on their heads.

b.

sspencer
Factory Bikini Cuts Hotshoe

Postby sspencer » Tue Jan 11, 2005 3:56 pm

- A good sized water jump that has sharks......with fricking lasers on their heads.

How about some ill tempered sea bass??? Throw me a freakin' bone here!

Who does #2 work for,
Steve

mackdaddy
Resident Sushi Expert

Postby mackdaddy » Tue Jan 11, 2005 4:34 pm

I want my baby back baby back baby back.............ribs!!!!!!!

I say we race around some Fembots!!!
Jason Melton
Overland Group
jmelton@overlandcorp.com
http://www.jasonsellsslc.com
(801)860-9357

bnd
Information Minister

Postby bnd » Tue Jan 11, 2005 5:06 pm

Some guys have it, some guys don't. This is one killer pic of some classic speed jumping from Rockford, late 80's.

b.

bubbaliciousbmxr
Queen of Sheba

Postby bubbaliciousbmxr » Tue Jan 11, 2005 6:18 pm

bnd wrote:- Anybody who runs a Nag plate has to start backwards & sitting down in the gate. Blindfolded.

Maybe we should put this one into play for my cruiser class! :wink:
Dani

bnd
Information Minister

Re: RC indoors, cheers & jeers.

Postby bnd » Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:46 pm

Since it's a slow week I thought I would go all the way back & work my way up thru the years. This came off of page 68, 8 years ago.

b.
“Sometimes if you want to see a change for the better, you have to take things into your own hands.”

Return to “UtahBMX”