Deseret Peak BMX Track

Anything and everything about the Utah BMX scene.

Moderators: JAlvey, bnd

Darrin
Schwinn

Deseret Peak BMX Track

Postby Darrin » Tue May 04, 2010 5:36 pm

Deseret Peaks Track is almost done. A few new changes, hope to do more thoughout the year. Looking forward to seeing everybody at the races Saturday nite.

bnd
Information Minister

Re: Deseret Peak BMX Track

Postby bnd » Tue May 04, 2010 8:37 pm

Deseret Peak BMX needs volunteers on race night. Darrin is a "one-man" show literally this year. He's volunteering his time as T.O. this year with zero help & I mean ZERO help.

It makes me sick I won't be there this opening night as I have a family function in Wyoming & if I were to stay I'd probebly be facing a divorce. :shock:

A few people have offered to help out but he will need help at the sign ups, finish line, set up, tear down & clean up. For all you BMX parents who would like to get involved on the small scale, here's your chance. Just ask Darrin what he needs help with & he'll set you up.

I'll see if I can get a discription of the changes & maybe even pics before the opener.

Thanks,
Bruce
“Sometimes if you want to see a change for the better, you have to take things into your own hands.”

Scott Mckay
GT

Postby Scott Mckay » Wed May 05, 2010 3:46 pm

I know I have seen it somewhere, but where? Tooele season schedule?

bnd
Information Minister

Postby bnd » Wed May 05, 2010 3:59 pm

Deseret Peaks Dates are; May 8,22 - June 12 ,26 - July - Race for Life 10, State Q 17 - August 14,28 - September 18,25.

b.
“Sometimes if you want to see a change for the better, you have to take things into your own hands.”

bnd
Information Minister

Postby bnd » Fri May 07, 2010 8:04 am

I just got off the phone with Darrin & he gave me the lowdown on the track changes.

3rd straight - Left side got a jump taken out so it's not so busy & the remaining jumps got re-shaped & buffed out. More pedaling thru here. Right side pro section is 3 big jumps.

Last corner - The table top in the middle got re-built longer.

Last straights - Inside line is now the dub section. Two 16ft' dubs that you have to jump. I like this as they are short enough to let the young kids & the COGs give it a shot without killing themselves. With only 2 jumps though, this section will be alot faster to take. Outside line is now the rythem section, the big "ramp" leading down towards this section is still there so the speed your going to carry is going to be good. Similar/typical layout as years past, but with that extra speed I would imagine it will let you do things like double things up & triple manual stuff like me....... :wink:

More changes are coming to the rest of the track so stay tuned. If somebody could take pics out there Saturday night & send them to Gallo or me that would be awesome.

b.

dylmunchy
Schwinn

Postby dylmunchy » Fri May 07, 2010 11:53 am

trying to recruit my dad to hit up every tooele race with me to help out at the track and ill definitly take some pics, lots of em have fun in the good ol' ... wyoming

dylmunchy
Schwinn

Postby dylmunchy » Sun May 09, 2010 12:14 am

man soooo worth the 30 min trip that track is kick ass , so smooth- best rythem section ive ridden in years lots of cool people (NEED MORE OUT THERE RIDING !!!!), racing in the sunset what a great time thanks darrin and posse bruce i took a dozen or so pics ill get to ya soon i need and email to send em to hit me up.
They say there's more to life than a BMX bike....

BmxinMomma
NEXT

Postby BmxinMomma » Sun May 09, 2010 9:50 am

Heard it's riding awesome!! We'll be out there next race!

JAlvey
GT

Postby JAlvey » Sun May 09, 2010 12:23 pm

The track is really sweet this year. The changes made were all big improvements. They also put in a lot of hand work, then dragged and rolled the whole thing, so it was as smooth as pavement last night. It seems like inthe past, that everyone has really liked DP. The only gripe has been that the races are run slowly. Last night, motos were posted at 7:10, reposted at 7:20, first gate drop at 7:30, and race was done at 8:30.

Hopefully more people will realize that this track is a big asset and show up in two weeks. Only 13 motos last night, and 5 of them were low-points. It will be hard to have the track survive with that rider count.

Diesel
AA Pro Track Sweeper

Postby Diesel » Sun May 09, 2010 2:20 pm

Man, the track looked great and was certainly well prepared! I didn't ride myself but I will be soon! Looked safe as well so that's a plus for me. I thought the race was run a little to fast for those who were riding 2 bikes. I still think Tooele should bump their signup time 1 hour later to take that pesky sun more out of play.

I was really disappointed at the rider turnout. I don't understand how we got all these folks racing at Rad and not even half of them show up out at Tooele. Very disappointing! I know for a fact that the lesser skilled riders would have a much better riding experience at Tooele. What to do about that???

Diesel
Man made Global Warming is a HOAX!
Al Gore and his boy's gonna take you to the cleaners while they get bank!
Stop Obamacare, Cap and Tax and Alien Amnesty!

bnd
Information Minister

Postby bnd » Sun May 09, 2010 5:39 pm

Dylan - bndrace@comcast.net Send them to me asap!

Dan, It always seems that the 1st race of the year out there pulls low numbers but not this low. Maybe it was the uncertainty leading up to this season....I don't know, but I do know this I'll do my best to promote the next race in 2 weeks & hopefully they can pull at least 30 motos.

Anybody want to throw out any ideas for a "fun class" for that night? Been kicking around the idea of a relay race with at least 3-4 riders. How about a "Team relay race? Utah BMX.com might just bring home the gold in something like that. 8)

b.

joker75
SBC Army

Postby joker75 » Sun May 09, 2010 8:36 pm

The logistics of a relay race might be kind of interesting. I would assume that the first rider would be the only one using the gate, and the rest would have to go as their team mate crosses the finish line. Even so, it sounds like it would be a riot. You may want to try to make sure the teams are evened out a little bit. Like requiring at least one rider from each class, novice,inter, and expert. Or require one from certain age groups.ie 9 and under, 10-15, 16-25, 26 over. That way it would be harder for the 4 fastest riders there to blow everyone else out of the water, and give some of the lesser experienced, and younger riders a chance to win.
Hal Gaerte
Performance Bike Parts
Disclaimer: AKA of "Snappy" has nothing to do with my ability to snap a gate. It has everything to do with the sound bones make when the break. Don't ask, it's a touchy subject.

awsm4
GT

Postby awsm4 » Mon May 10, 2010 7:53 am

The Jazz game Saturday night may have had a lot to do with the turn out, that and the cold weather are what kept us away...
Living at risk is jumping off a cliff and building your wings on the way down!

b2
Not a Troll!

Postby b2 » Mon May 10, 2010 8:35 am

And that whole Mother's Day thing had me out of town...

Return to “UtahBMX”