Jason Melton

Anything and everything about the Utah BMX scene.

Moderators: JAlvey, bnd

justinsbmxmom
SE Floval Flyer

Jason Melton

Postby justinsbmxmom » Wed May 19, 2004 10:04 am

How is he doing?
Jenni - SE Ridin' BMX Chic

J Gallo
Web Guy

Postby J Gallo » Wed May 19, 2004 10:25 am

I got an email from him monday that said he was doing OK, and was scheduled for surgery today, but didn't know exactly what time. I hope to hear from him when he gets home after his surgery.

It would be great if everyone could post some well wishes, I know he'll be reading this forum.

In case others do not know, Jason Melton got clipped by another rider and went down hard in his first 28-35x moto on sunday, breaking his collarbone.
Gallo
"The ability to walk fully upright is overrated. Along with tying your own shoes."

justinsbmxmom
SE Floval Flyer

Jason Melton

Postby justinsbmxmom » Wed May 19, 2004 10:31 am

Justin and I watched the video last night. After he fell, Justin asked why he didn't get up. "I didn't see blood Mom!"
I do hope you heal quickly Jason. You've got a bunch of riders cheering you to a speedy recovery!
Jenni - SE Ridin' BMX Chic

Darla

Jason Melton

Postby Darla » Wed May 19, 2004 11:33 am

Get well soon... If you need anything at all please let me know I would be glad to do what I can. Listen to the DOC.... don't try to be a tough guy.

Love ya,

Darla

J Gallo
Web Guy

Jason Melton

Postby J Gallo » Thu May 20, 2004 9:31 am

I got a call from Jason last night, he said the surgery on wednesday went well (1 plate and 7 screws) and he's already feeling better. He also said he might try to make it out to RAD tonite to say HI.

Sounds like the road to a quick recovery is already going well.... :D
Gallo
"The ability to walk fully upright is overrated. Along with tying your own shoes."

mackdaddy
Resident Sushi Expert

Thanks guys!!!!!

Postby mackdaddy » Thu May 20, 2004 1:25 pm

Thanks so much for all the well wishes and the concern, I had surgery yesterday and did get 7 screws and plate in my collarbone, had 1 peice sticking verticle!!! :roll: Anyway I am very very sore today :cry: :oops: but they have me on lots of pain pills! I will try to go to Rad tonight, just to say hi, the doc is telling me 6-8 wks to get fully healed. hoping to be ready for the Worlds in July
Jason
Jason Melton
Overland Group
jmelton@overlandcorp.com
http://www.jasonsellsslc.com
(801)860-9357

bnd
Information Minister

Postby bnd » Thu May 20, 2004 2:59 pm

I'm sure you saw my footage on VBMX, I didn't think I had a good shot of you but when we went home, there you were, biting it.
Iv'e got to ask how's your head? It seemed like you slammed it hard as you fell. 6-8 weeks? More like 6 months buddy, That's how long it took me to get back to 100% back in late 98'-early 99', from my badly broken collorbone, remember? Don't rush anything. Do you think a chest protector would of helped? After seeing what happened to you I'm putting mine back on, it's just not worth it.
By the way, it looks like Brandon Good had the excact same thing done to him after the Grands. I don't think you saw an up-close look at him at Rock Springs but he had a plate put in just like yours, killer scar.

Take your time re-habbing it, BMX will always be here, plus it give us mid-packers a shot at winning for awhile! :wink:

Talk to you soon.
Bruce

Rick Eglintine

jason melton

Postby Rick Eglintine » Thu May 20, 2004 3:05 pm

Jason, good luck with the healing...here's to a speedy recovery!

D Cook
Track Operator

Postby D Cook » Thu May 20, 2004 4:36 pm

Jason,

Hope your feeling 100% soon, but remember just cause you feel it does not mean you are!

Happy Healing,

The Cook's

mackdaddy
Resident Sushi Expert

back to work

Postby mackdaddy » Mon May 24, 2004 8:48 am

Thanks guys it is nice to know so many people are concerned for me, I am back to work this morning and going to the Doc today to check on progress.
Bruce, after looking at my wreck I dont think a chest protector would help because I took the hit on the outside of the shoulder, just to much pressure pushing in on the collarbone.
I am healing nicely and will be hanging out at Rad this week, jonesing to ride LOL :lol: :wink:
Thanks again guys and I am truely blessed to have such wonderful friends
Jason
Jason Melton
Overland Group
jmelton@overlandcorp.com
http://www.jasonsellsslc.com
(801)860-9357

Jason Stout

Racin' JJ

Postby Jason Stout » Tue May 25, 2004 10:34 am

I'm glad to hear surgery went well. I wish you a speedy rehab. That is a noble goal to get ready for worlds. Best of luck regaining your world title.

Take care

JS

Return to “UtahBMX”