state qualifier at redhills bmx

Anything and everything about the Utah BMX scene.

Moderators: JAlvey, bnd

onephastkiss
GT

state qualifier at redhills bmx

Postby onephastkiss » Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:08 pm

when and if and will...redhills state-qualifier? anyone...beuller (bruce)...anyone???

JAlvey
GT

Re: state qualifier at redhills bmx

Postby JAlvey » Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:32 pm

It would seem unfair for them to add one on at this point, because that would require everyone to race 3 qualifiers instead of 2, and most of us already have the whole summer planned out.

The ABA rulebook says that a track has to be listed as an official track in the MAY BMX'r in order to qualify to have an SCQ race. I know Red Hills wasn't in the April, and was in the June, but (of course), I can't find our May edition.

b2
Not a Troll!

Postby b2 » Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:49 pm

I think they did get up and running in time to qualify for a SQR. They didn't have a date yet when we were down there--at least I don't recall hearing about one. But I'm sure the Brazells will let us know as soon as there is one.

jayson_gray
Huffy

Postby jayson_gray » Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:02 pm

I just looked in my may issue and they weren't listed yet. Next year red hills. By the way that was a fun weekend of foot down racing. 28 I's know what I'm talkin about.

REDHILLSBMX
Intense

Postby REDHILLSBMX » Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:04 pm

FYI!! I just scheduled the state qualifier race today, it is Saturday August 14th. Registration is from 8:30am until 10am. Race ASAP. This race does not make it a 3 race requirment, it is still only 2. We just had to prove we could have succesful races before we could schedule it that is what the hold up has been. We are happy to say we have had 3 succesful races!! Thanks to all who have supported us so far! We hope you enjoy the track!

brooke.tanner
Huffy

Re: Red Hills SQ- ENOUGH WITH THE NEGATIVE TALK!

Postby brooke.tanner » Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:25 am

There are some of us that are happy that we will get another chance to possibly qualify for a state championship!! Rodger and Michelle are doing nothing but good by adding the track to the state and it is fun for the kids to go to RedHills to ride because it is more "kid friendly!"

Me and Kale will deffinatley be there, if not for the SQ, for the points. I think we should all be a bit more positive and make the new track directors feel as though we are behind them and will support them!!
Last edited by brooke.tanner on Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

onephastkiss
GT

Postby onephastkiss » Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:53 am

well said brooke...i can now visit my family in new york in july and race the states

McCauley
GHP

Postby McCauley » Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:28 am

Marking my calender for August should be a good time. though we will go to Red Hills in July also

McCauley

jayson_gray
Huffy

Postby jayson_gray » Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:16 pm

I'm all for another qualifier. Those of us that don't go out of state can use as many double and triple races as we can get.

mackdaddy
Resident Sushi Expert

Postby mackdaddy » Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:35 pm

I will get the official answer from the ABA tomorrow on the 2 out 4 or 3 out of 4 question!
Jason Melton
Overland Group
jmelton@overlandcorp.com
http://www.jasonsellsslc.com
(801)860-9357

Diesel
AA Pro Track Sweeper

Postby Diesel » Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:27 am

Rule book says 4 tracks = 3 qualifiers. Maybe they will make an exception this year cause it came along so late in the game and leave it at 2. When I get off work later, I'm gonna post some thoughts on this issue. It's easy to say, "Don't Go" but I think it's a bit more complicated than that.

Diesel
Man made Global Warming is a HOAX!
Al Gore and his boy's gonna take you to the cleaners while they get bank!
Stop Obamacare, Cap and Tax and Alien Amnesty!

Scott Mckay
GT

Postby Scott Mckay » Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:46 am

There are two sides to this.

1. The people who have 2 wins don't want anyone else to get 2 wins.

2. The people that had bad luck in the first 2 - now means nothing because they can start all over with the next 2.

3rd. I think it's great that Red Hills has done what they have done so quickly. I can only imagine the amount of work they have put into all this so fast. I wish I had been down there allready to show some support and I do look forward to getting down there a few times this summer. I don't think the negative is really aimed at them at all (they should only be getting props for this) the negative is between the 2 types of people listed above.

b2
Not a Troll!

Postby b2 » Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:17 am

Scott Mckay wrote:There are two sides to this.

1. The people who have 2 wins don't want anyone else to get 2 wins.

2. The people that had bad luck in the first 2 - now means nothing because they can start all over with the next 2.

3rd. I think it's great that Red Hills has done what they have done so quickly. I can only imagine the amount of work they have put into all this so fast. I wish I had been down there allready to show some support and I do look forward to getting down there a few times this summer. I don't think the negative is really aimed at them at all (they should only be getting props for this) the negative is between the 2 types of people listed above.

I agree with what Scott says. Red Hills should only be commended for getting another track up and running in Utah--and so quickly. I say congratulations to the Brazells and their team of volunteers for their accomplishments. They're good people bringing their love of this sport (which I'll go out on a limb here and make the assumption that the rest of us also love) to a new population--that of central Utah. Regardless of the requirement for state points, I'll try to support them when I can but I'll also try to keep any plans I have to to make other races that may not allow for the schedules to coincide.

Hey! Let's ride bikes! It's FUN!

onephastkiss
GT

Postby onephastkiss » Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:08 am

lets keep it 2 out of 4...so i can visit my family in new york and still win some state titles!!!

Diesel
AA Pro Track Sweeper

Postby Diesel » Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:19 pm

Ok I saved Mackdaddy some time and talked to Brad myself. As said above by the Redhillsbmx folks, Official word is still only 2 qualifiers are required because the redhills race track was not listed in the May BMXer. Next year it will be 3. So even though they added the redhill qualifier, you only need 2 this year. If we get the Ogden track up and running for next year, the requirement will still be 3 under the 4 or more track rule.

I'll be back later with my thoughts as mentioned before. Just wanted to get this word out ASAP.
Last edited by Diesel on Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Man made Global Warming is a HOAX!
Al Gore and his boy's gonna take you to the cleaners while they get bank!
Stop Obamacare, Cap and Tax and Alien Amnesty!

Return to “UtahBMX”