Run to the (Red) Hills!!

Anything and everything about the Utah BMX scene.

Moderators: JAlvey, bnd

ogr13
COG

Run to the (Red) Hills!!

Postby ogr13 » Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:19 pm

We are planning on doing some driving and racing this Saturday!!
Time to get out and support the other Utah BMX tracks... 8)
Red Hills in the morning followed by an evening in Tooele!
Anybody wanna carpol? Any reccomendatiuons for lunch? Who's in??
Dave Cote
Crazy Old Guy

billyschuler
GT

Re: Run to the (Red) Hills!!

Postby billyschuler » Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:26 pm

i have a recomendation, lol dont get lost on the way back hahaha. two hour drive turns into 4 hours drive and a visit to the colorado border lol..
Freedom Energy/ODEN/Dirt Militia Team Manager

McCauley
GHP

Postby McCauley » Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:30 pm

Cote
The Hot spot in Salina on main has a great burger an home made fries if you could some how call in an order would be a big help there a little busy.....Prior commitment in the am but we will be in Tooele..

McCauley

REDHILLSBMX
Intense

Postby REDHILLSBMX » Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:02 pm

Thanks to everyone for your support. It means alot, and we hope you have a good time and like the track!! See you Saturday!!

bnd
Information Minister

Postby bnd » Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:40 pm

Could & would one of you travellers or T.O.'s be willing to video some races & post it up on the "Video of the day" thread?

Thanks,
b.
“Sometimes if you want to see a change for the better, you have to take things into your own hands.”

joker75
SBC Army

Postby joker75 » Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:10 pm

I just posted a couple from last Saturday at Redhills on my youtube channel. It's mostly my son styling the 11X class and me crashing out of the 28+ class. I did get one of the girls cruiser class and I think the other is 8 Novice class.

11X Main
http://www.youtube.com/user/PBPSnappy#p/a/u/0/0cibezUoOZM
Hal Gaerte
Performance Bike Parts
Disclaimer: AKA of "Snappy" has nothing to do with my ability to snap a gate. It has everything to do with the sound bones make when the break. Don't ask, it's a touchy subject.

Scott Mckay
GT

Postby Scott Mckay » Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:50 pm

Dang Hal, hope you have that all out of your system now. You're a true C.O.G.

jayson_gray
Huffy

Postby jayson_gray » Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:00 pm

I second billy's recomendation. Don't drive and not pay attention where your going. Our carpool didn't pay attention on the way back and ended up going way past our exit on I-70. I finally noticed we were seeing mountains we hadn't seen before then we had to go for a while to hit an exit to get off and flip around at. Oh well now we know for next time i guess.

joker75
SBC Army

Postby joker75 » Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:12 pm

Scott Mckay wrote:Dang Hal, hope you have that all out of your system now. You're a true C.O.G.

I doubt it. I figure if I'm not crashing every now and then I'm not pushing myself. The only way to progress is to push yourself past the point that you are comfortable. Unfortunately when I push my self past that point of being comfortable, I seem to make myself uncomfortable for a few days while I recover. LOL

Looks like I need to follow Dave Cote's example and look for sponsorship from someone who makes pain meds. If you get a chance take a look at Dave's number plate and you'll see Advil along with the other sponsors.

Hal
Hal Gaerte
Performance Bike Parts
Disclaimer: AKA of "Snappy" has nothing to do with my ability to snap a gate. It has everything to do with the sound bones make when the break. Don't ask, it's a touchy subject.

b2
Not a Troll!

Postby b2 » Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:44 pm

jayson_gray wrote:I second billy's recomendation. Don't drive and not pay attention where your going. Our carpool didn't pay attention on the way back and ended up going way past our exit on I-70. I finally noticed we were seeing mountains we hadn't seen before then we had to go for a while to hit an exit to get off and flip around at. Oh well now we know for next time i guess.

Oh man!! that's funny, guys! Here's a tip... Google maps... Maybe because that part of central Utah is pretty much my home area it's not a problem for me navigating the are--but man, that's really funny!

I got to race against someone I played baseball against in high school... upon being introduced to him by Rodger, the first words out of Wade's mouth were "we beat you for the state championships in baseball!"... he wisely and promptly ran away! :)

It was fun racing you, Wade! I hope to do it again soon--maybe this weekend depending on what my plans end up being...

b2
Not a Troll!

Postby b2 » Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:17 pm

PS: is the Iron Maiden reference lost on this audience? Ian? where are you?

Run To The Hills

J Gallo
Web Guy

Postby J Gallo » Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:32 am

Looks like another Saturday that I have to work :(

You'd think being the boss would have certain advantages, but I guess getting Saturday's off is not one of them. Sigh. Hopefully I'll make it to at least one race this year.

Oh, and just an FYI, I can play EXPERT drums on Rockband to "Run to the Hills". Just saying.
Gallo
"The ability to walk fully upright is overrated. Along with tying your own shoes."

ogr13
COG

Postby ogr13 » Sun Jun 27, 2010 2:35 pm

What a great trip!! :mrgreen:
We (Kevin Dilley, Tyler and Dave Cote) chose to drive Friday night and get a cheap room in town. The drive was about 2 hours so the room was not really needed but it did allow us to sleep in. It also allowed Kevin (The Bike Whisperer) time to tune our bikes into a state of perfection that I will never be able to accomplish!
Saturday morning we met Greg at the local McD's and enjoyed a quick breakfast before making the short drive to the track.
Signs made it almost foolproof (only one u-turn) to find the track, lot's of room to park and we were off to get signed up.
The only way sign-ups could have gone smoother was if I was better prepared...
Time to suit up and hit the track!!
Please allow me to preface the rest of my remarks with the following statement. I have only been racing BMX for 3 years, I only chase the faster guys in my class (not points), I do not anticipate ever being in contention for a NAG plate and the closest I get to "real speed" is on my old Harley. :roll:
That being said, I absolutely love the Red Hills track! The gate ran smooth, the obsticles were sized and placed to inspire confidence and the corners forced you to check your entrance speed and get back on the gas quickly.
What I liked most about the place had nothing to do with the dirt though. It was the people and the atmosphere. I have always thought there was something special about BMX families and the track confirmed my theory. Positive remarks and loud cheers were heard after every race. The snack bar was well stocked, the slushies were cold and the prices were racer friendly.
The races ran smoothly, the battles were epic and we were allowed to practice until we could no longer pedal.
We are extremely lucky to have 3 great tracks to race on. Each is very different and each absolutely rocks!!
See ya in the dirt! 8)
Dave Cote
Crazy Old Guy

REDHILLSBMX
Intense

Postby REDHILLSBMX » Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:04 pm

Thanks Dave for that!! Your support of our track means alot!! It was so refreshing to have you guys there. Your fun and positive attitudes made our crowds hope you all come back soon.. It was a great day of racing!!!!

Return to “UtahBMX”