Deseret Peak SCQ report. 7-17-10

Anything and everything about the Utah BMX scene.

Moderators: JAlvey, bnd

bnd
Information Minister

Deseret Peak SCQ report. 7-17-10

Postby bnd » Sun Jul 18, 2010 12:50 pm

For starters, hows 50 motos & 210 riders grab ya?
8)

As far as the old timers can remember this was the 2nd biggest race out there & the biggest one since 2002.
Iv'e got alot to report on & vids to make so stay tuned for more soon. If you have anything to add about last night, feel free to chime in.

b.
“Sometimes if you want to see a change for the better, you have to take things into your own hands.”

Diesel
AA Pro Track Sweeper

Re: Deseret Peak SCQ report. 7-17-10

Postby Diesel » Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:27 pm

Thought it went great out there last night! 50 motos! Biggest race since I believe the 02 RLQ. I remember cause my wallet got stolen out of our van by some Tooele local hoodlums. Later found stuff from my wallet skatered along the shoreline of Tooele's local water reservoir/fishing hole.

Also saw some racers raise their level and win it. Proves how competitive and serious these state races are! Really cool race!!! Next year will be really gnarly across the board and we're not even done this year!

Looking forward to the videos!
Man made Global Warming is a HOAX!
Al Gore and his boy's gonna take you to the cleaners while they get bank!
Stop Obamacare, Cap and Tax and Alien Amnesty!

bnd
Information Minister

Postby bnd » Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:45 pm

I'm having issues editing video, hopefully I can deal with the problems & get something posted.

- Happy 40th birthday Mike Ervin.
- Thanks for the new COG t-shirt Dave, it's pretty cool.
- Thanks to Pam Healey for watching Grady while his parents were busy.
- Thanks to the lady who ran staging, the most thankless job at the track. I'm going to give it a shot before the summer is over.
- I enjoyed working with Dan, Roland & Mont out on the track. Dan is running the gate next time though. :)
- Beginning next race nobody is allowed up on the starting hill unless your holding your 5 & under racer or herding your young racer into the correct lane in staging. We had some problems with ozd Dads & enough is enough. The gate won't drop unless the rules are followed. Roland made an announcement at the beginning of the race & I mentioned it to a few people but it seems to not matter.
- This summer is the first time in my 28 yr. bmx career that i've become a full-fledged volunteer at a track & have taken on the duty of gate starter & all that revolves around it. Trust me, there's more than just pushing 2 buttons. You have to deal with the 30ft rule, protests, make sure everybody is locked & loaded in the gate & other things. I feel fortunate to have this experiance & see the other side of the races. I get to see some awesome races up close & personal but i also see other things that really embarresses me. Mainly, some of the younger kids disrespecting their compitition &/or intimidating them. This is a great way to scare away newer riders from our sport. T.O.s might want to go over a refresher course of good conduct & sportsmanship at the track.
- I'd like to apoligize & thank the parents of some of the 7 novice racers. Thanks for working thru a sticky situation.

See you next race.

b.
“Sometimes if you want to see a change for the better, you have to take things into your own hands.”

Supa C
Intense

Postby Supa C » Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:02 pm

I thought everybody did a great job saturday, and I had one of the funnest races since coming back in October last year. I got last place in my main but I don't care, I was happy to make the mains in a tough class and I was even up in the mix through the first turn for once!

I really loved the track, and so did all my kids.

My son Thaddeus was in 7 novice and we were all curious why there was a restart?

TwoWheelTony
Schwinn

Postby TwoWheelTony » Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:24 pm

Question.

I am working with ET on his gates at home and he is about ready to load on his own however, he is 5 inter now so am I allowed to still hold him? The ABA rule book reads like stereo instructions. Like all rules (I love rules) there always seems to be subjective use and judgement. So how do we follow all of them (all) and teach our children that lesson without over burdening the sport and families?

Here's the ABA rule:
12. The only riders that may be assisted at the starting gate
are those 5 years old and younger. This assistance shall
only include the rear wheel being placed between the assistant’s
legs. No hands may be used to prop the rider up and
any pushing off will result in the rider’s disqualification.

Tony

bnd
Information Minister

Postby bnd » Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:47 pm

Your good Tony.

The 7 novice restart happened because 3 riders came out of nowhere & started loading up in the gate right when the cadence started. Since they were novices & little dudes we re-racked them. Inters & experts wouldn't of gotten that luxury.

b.

BMX4Me
Schwinn

Postby BMX4Me » Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:17 pm

Your welcome Bruce!

I always LOVE watching Grady, He's my favorite! :D

Pam

Return to “UtahBMX”