Mitch Ropelato

Anything and everything about the Utah BMX scene.

Moderators: JAlvey, bnd

TwoWheelTony
Schwinn

Mitch Ropelato

Postby TwoWheelTony » Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:29 am

Just thought I would see if anyone heard how Mitch is doing after that crash in CO?

Tony

TwoWheelTony
Schwinn

Re: Mitch Ropelato

Postby TwoWheelTony » Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:00 am

Well I am answering my own post. According to Jill Kitner, Mitch clipped the top on a triple at the end of the course and went down breaking his collarbone. So, best of luck to ya Mitch and hope for a speedy recovery.

Tony

Curtis Newkirk
Photog Extraordinaire

Postby Curtis Newkirk » Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:34 pm

This is a major bummer for Mitch. I know he was planning on racing the DH and 4X World Cup in Champery, Switerland this weekend as well as another WC race in Italy the following weekend. We were planning to meet the Ropelatos in Champery this weekend as so we are disappointed as well.

Heal up Mitch, and keep the chin up!
~Curtis

Rope
Schwinn

Postby Rope » Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:14 pm

Thanks Tony & Curtis for your concerns, Mitch and I went to the doctor this morning. Mitch decided to have a plate put on the collarbone to help it heal faster and stronger so that is going to be done Wednesday afternoon. His goal is to be riding in a couple of weeks to keep training to go to Mont Saint Anne and still compete in the World Championships the first of September.

Rope

bnd
Information Minister

Postby bnd » Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:53 pm

We'll send positive thoughts your way guys.

Did any other Utards race & if so, how did they do?

b.
“Sometimes if you want to see a change for the better, you have to take things into your own hands.”

joeynsophia
Intense

Postby joeynsophia » Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:20 pm

Yes.....Mike and Cody Kelley both got a 2nd in 4 cross. Cody dominated his class but went down in the final, only to get back up and pass 2 others for the 2nd.

In the Downhill category, Joey Foresta won taking home the USA Jersey in 10 and Under, while Mike won his class and Cody took a 6th place after crashing twice. Shawn Yakovich from WY took a 3rd in the 10 and Unders as well.

It was a fun weekend....Once again, thank you to Mike and Cody for taking Joey and Shawnie under your wings and helping them out. You guys are truly ambassadors to the young ones in the sport.

Return to “UtahBMX”