41-45 class, no-clips @ the RFL?

Anything and everything about the Utah BMX scene.

Moderators: JAlvey, bnd

bnd
Information Minister

41-45 class, no-clips @ the RFL?

Postby bnd » Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:49 pm

I thought I would throw this out there & see what you guys think. Would everybody be good with running a "gentlemans agreement" no-clips race in 41-45 cruiser at Race for Life night?
Since this weekend is the biggest of the year I wouldn't ask RC for a special class that night, I thought I would make it fun & simple & blend it in with the nights regular classes.

I can't imagine any of us taking the RFL night so serious that they wouldn't want to particpate.........but I could be wrong. :roll:

Feedback please!

.....& yes, I plan on racing.
b.
“Sometimes if you want to see a change for the better, you have to take things into your own hands.”

JAlvey
GT

Re: 41-45 class, no-clips @ the RFL?

Postby JAlvey » Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:03 pm

They were runnng a bunch of opens and special classes, even with 69 motos (counting mtb), this weekend, so they would probably be ok running an "open flat pedal" class like dp did in 2009. If you limit it to 41-45, that leaves other ages that want to do it out. It also makes it so that the people who race that class but don't read this page can't race if they didn't bring their pedals. That would really suck if you drove from Boise or GJ or Montana for the 600pt weekend

bnd
Information Minister

Postby bnd » Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:52 pm

Yeah Justin, I thought about everything you just mentioned. Doesn't everybody read this site? :lol:

I guess it will be up to the Meltons. Yea or nay?
I'll organize it if it's a go.

b.
“Sometimes if you want to see a change for the better, you have to take things into your own hands.”

mahaffeybilly
Huffy

Postby mahaffeybilly » Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:09 pm

I want in!!!!

mackdaddy
Resident Sushi Expert

Postby mackdaddy » Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:53 pm

B,
I spoke to the the Big Kahuna, we are expecting a few out of towners and dont want to have someone show up with no flats and feel pressured to not race, change pedals or whatever, SO if we want to put together a no clip cruiser race to be run during RFL we can do that.
We will do the first 16 riders( no semis) $1 entry, 2 motos qualifier run in the middle of the races, winner gets the braggin rights! How does that sound?
Jason Melton
Overland Group
jmelton@overlandcorp.com
http://www.jasonsellsslc.com
(801)860-9357

bnd
Information Minister

Postby bnd » Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:44 pm

Jason is going to split the age also (dont' know if the younger crowd cares) but it's going to be a "30 & over" for the older guys & gals.

Same ol' rules apply.......

- Flat pedals OR regular shoes (sneakers) w/ your clip pedals.

- 20", 24" or mt. bike, it don't matter what your riding.

Who is down with this? If the sign up sheet reads 3 riders come the closing of registration I ain't wasting my time or RC's. We should be able to get the 16 no prob, seeing that we had 29 at the last one. This is also the chance for some of you guys to gate up with other guys that you usually don't get to compete against.

Spread the word. :)

b.

dilleyboys
GHP

Postby dilleyboys » Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:43 pm

I'm all in! the last one was a blast. cant wait

sspencer
Factory Bikini Cuts Hotshoe

Postby sspencer » Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:19 am

My suggestion, if it matters to anyone, is to run a "Flats Only Trophy Dash" with the top-4 cruiser finishers from 36-40 and 41-45 who are racing without clips. The trophy dash would run after 10x in the mains. It would be a one lap-no crap straight up race with those who stuck it out on the flats against all comers.

I feel this way is best so it doesnt dilute out the participation of those who may want to race cruiser and class but dont want to wear themselves out by racing three classes in one night.

While we are at it, lets do it for 20" too 8)

Steve
Spence'- dizzle fo'- shizzle
UTAH BMX Charter Member

dylmunchy
Schwinn

Postby dylmunchy » Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:05 pm

Glad bruce didn't beat me that would have been used against me for years I think Steve was like a straight away ahead of us though :lol:
They say there's more to life than a BMX bike....

bnd
Information Minister

Postby bnd » Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:51 pm

I had a blast racing that open Dylan. Hopefully it will become a regular class. Yeah, Steve checked out. Is that dude (Brazel?) ok after eating it in the main?

b.

dylmunchy
Schwinn

Postby dylmunchy » Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:44 pm

yeah he's all good he wrecked again in his class main but was still ok riding sunday maybe my 19-27 AA pro class should race plats just for some extra skills training heh heh
They say there's more to life than a BMX bike....

Return to “UtahBMX”