Look at what I rode today.

Anything and everything about the Utah BMX scene.

Moderators: JAlvey, bnd

bnd
Information Minister

Look at what I rode today.

Postby bnd » Tue Jan 18, 2005 6:13 pm

I finally found some trails I could ride & I had a blast. Screw the skatepark, trails will get your skills back faster than anything. All of these smaller ones were very forgiving & perfect for the racer crowd. I'll be back on Thursday & Sunday if anybody cares to join me. I would suggest at least a cruiser w/ fatter tires or a jumping style Mt. bike like my P-2, it's sandy & loose but it's on a downhill slope so you have all the speed you want.

b.

bnd
Information Minister

Postby bnd » Tue Jan 18, 2005 6:15 pm

b.
Last edited by bnd on Tue Jan 18, 2005 6:20 pm, edited 4 times in total.

bnd
Information Minister

Postby bnd » Tue Jan 18, 2005 6:16 pm

Doh, double post.

b.

Dave W
28-35 State Champ

Postby Dave W » Tue Jan 18, 2005 7:39 pm

That's one of my favorite spots to ride. Haven't been there for a few months since my foot operation. It looks like that ladder into the gully is pretty new. Is the other ladder off the back side of the west hill still there?

colton
I Love Barbies!

Postby colton » Tue Jan 18, 2005 7:55 pm

where at i want to go there

bnd
Information Minister

Postby bnd » Tue Jan 18, 2005 8:21 pm

Yes, the other ladder is there & I made the mistake of going down that part & since it was on the shady side, the mud was still fresh & 3 inches deep!

Colton, this place is very top secret & it location is only known to a select few. Tell your dad to send me $20 in the mail & I'll tell you where it is.

Just kidding. It's at the top of "I" street in the avenues. Just go up all the way to the top, it curves left, keep driving then it curves right, drive for about 6 blocks & on your left (north) you will pass a church. Right past the church is a house, pass the house & there is a parking area called Hilltop drive. Its right under a water tank. Park then head north/west around the water tank, stay on the trail & you will come to the trails.

Like I said, big, fat tires or a Mt. bike.

b.

Curtis Newkirk
Photog Extraordinaire

Postby Curtis Newkirk » Fri Jan 21, 2005 3:43 pm

Another way to get there is to park at the mouth of City Creek and take the trail just to the right. It is a monster climb, but well worth the burn.

Yet another (and my favorite) is to take Dry Creek up, ride on Shoreline and a few hundred yards past Bobsled take a sharp right. This will take you up past the water tanks and make for a fun drop down to the jumps. You can then exit at City Creek and ride the roads back to where you need to go.
~Curtis

once upon a time flyin J
NEXT

Postby once upon a time flyin J » Fri Jan 21, 2005 6:47 pm

Ahhh good ol I street. I remember those days, however, I do believe the section agiast the east hill is quite a bit larger than I remember. Good luch with the indoor races this weekend.

j
death before dishonor

J Gallo
Web Guy

Postby J Gallo » Sat Jan 22, 2005 9:14 am

Is there a beginner section? :) :P
Gallo
"The ability to walk fully upright is overrated. Along with tying your own shoes."

Dave W
28-35 State Champ

Postby Dave W » Sat Jan 22, 2005 11:38 am

Jason there actually is a beginner section for learning doubles about a 1/4 mile down the trail southward from the main hill. It has about four sets of little doubles consecutively.

Return to “UtahBMX”