T.P. double-doubles in AZ.

Anything and everything about the Utah BMX scene.

Moderators: JAlvey, bnd

bnd
Information Minister

T.P. double-doubles in AZ.

Postby bnd » Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:15 pm

Nice work. 8)

b.
“Sometimes if you want to see a change for the better, you have to take things into your own hands.”

onephastkiss
GT

Re: T.P. double-doubles in AZ.

Postby onephastkiss » Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:49 pm

i got one of those also...at in/n/out burger

JAlvey
GT

Postby JAlvey » Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:17 pm

He didn't take the easy route towards that either. Our class had TP, Eric Rupe, Chris Verhagen, Allan Porter, Joel Reinoehl, Eddy King, Barry Nilson, George Goodhall, Bob Coover, Stan Roper, Scott Swanson, Archibald, and Erik Tipton - That makes 13 riders that used to race Pro ( a lot of them AA pro) at one point in their career thrown in with about a dozen of us amateur hacks. If we had secrest, Loncaravich, and Henry there, 41 x and 41 Cr would have had more vet pros than the vet pro class! Todd looked great all weekend- including making it through a crazy bumper car race-getting punted out of turn 3, getting back on the track and still winning and then almost giving everyone a UFC heavyweight show on saturday night.

Hayden Brown won a very competetive 12 x class on saturday making it through 1/4's and 33 riders to do it. Krystal Alvey won cruiser both days. Alleeyah Berringer, Robby Patterson, Brenlee Fordham, Brighton Alvey, Rylie Edwards, Braxton Fordham, Hunter Brown, Alex Clift, Ethan Alvey, Brent Barton, Chris Clift, John Alvey, Brooke Oblad, Lorne Wiberg, Tyler Baker, Kaden Wells, Corbin Wells, Lucas Barton, and probably others were all there with a varying amount of success.

The track was long (I heard 1350 ft, but it felt longer), and had a very different lay out. No real straight aways- everything kind of curved back and forth. The track length and heat both really took a big toll on most of the Utah riders - it was pretty common to see our riders out front in the first turn only to get passed (or taken out) on the second curving straight. I might be the only one that didn't get in a tangle or sent over a turn this weekend.

The UCI race was fun to watch. The supercross hill and first straight are pretty scary. On the other hand, finishing the first round saturday at 5pm and climbing into bed at midnight was pretty tough.

Here's a good video:

http://www.vimeo.com/21313696

Rad Canyon was awarded the #5 track in the West (I think they were #7 last year). That's a big deal when you consider that Rad indoor is considered a separate track- and Rad outdoor only runs 4 months/year. 8 of the other 9 tracks were in sunbelt states with Black Mtn AZ being #1 and Orange Y #2. The other cold weather track in the top 10 was in Washington, but they count their indoor and outdoor as one track. I also heard someone mention that Rad was #2 in the country for average rider count/race with an average over 200/race.

TP
Stud Vet Pro

Postby TP » Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:29 am

Thanks b!

It was for sure an exciting weekend!
-Hung out with Jrad....watched Jacka** at the hotel :)
-Got to hang with alot of the Utah riders at the Extreme Team pit area :)....I have a new card playing and ball throwing buddy(Holden Brown):)... Thanks to the Browns for everything...
-Got to catch up with my mentor Greg Hill..always a good time
-I borrowed a set of cranks from Dan Patterson.....and listened to his 02 as I put my bike together..LOL..thanks Dan!
-Saw some old faces on the track..Joe Sowers..Ian stouful....I ran into Robert Bebout who was just chillin and watchin.
-caught up with KY and some of the other AA's I haven't seen in a while.
-Enjoyed watching DB44 race A pro on saturday...He had some good laps:)
-All the Utah riders went out and fought hard! That is all you can ask for! Rack up...and let it rip!
-@ Robby...heal up kid...bring it to the next one!
-@Justin Alvey...thanks for the little write up..:)LOL

Saturday was a loooooong day...But it was a good track and it was warm:)...so yeah ...all good
Sunday went way faster and was also a nice day...it was windy at times both days...but I never really noticed it on the track:)

Later, TP

bnd
Information Minister

Postby bnd » Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:15 pm

Great write up Dr. J. Thanks!

"UFC"? .........do tell. :)

Did you go all "John Purse on Ian Stoffel" (Winters 0'ish)?

b.
“Sometimes if you want to see a change for the better, you have to take things into your own hands.”

TP
Stud Vet Pro

Postby TP » Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:46 pm

b,

Just a little excitement after the finish line.....it was pretty close to Purse..LOL

I got "bumped" in the last turn....went over the turn....got back on and won....after the finish line a looked over....and it must have made me make a hard right....my back tire hit animals front tire...he crashed....let the excitement begin...:)

Just another day at the track! TP

bnd
Information Minister

Postby bnd » Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:44 pm

Haha. You do know that you have a target on your back & since JR is a big dude himself I'm sure it would be a feather in his cap to "be the one" to send a message to big, bad T.P. :lol:

Surprised this didn't go nuclear on the other sites.

b.

Return to “UtahBMX”