ABA/ USA Grands thread.

Anything and everything about the Utah BMX scene.

Moderators: JAlvey, bnd

bnd
Information Minister

ABA/ USA Grands thread.

Postby bnd » Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:18 am

Iv'e asked our reporter in the field, Dr. Alvey , to keep us all updated from Tulsa. Stay tuned. If anybody hears anything or has anything to add please feel free to share.

b.
“Sometimes if you want to see a change for the better, you have to take things into your own hands.”

Jackie
GT

Re: ABA/ USA Grands thread.

Postby Jackie » Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:46 am

Will there be anyone streaming the race online??? Good luck utah!!
Follow the fanny pack to the finish

bnd
Information Minister

Postby bnd » Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:53 am

“Sometimes if you want to see a change for the better, you have to take things into your own hands.”

jnasty
GT

Postby jnasty » Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:44 pm

Cruiser practice went well for us older fellas. Track is lengthy (1295 ft.) and the decision maker down the last stright is really going to test everyone's fitness, but it will pay off if you decide to take it. Track is fun, tons of big stuff mixed in with a few little doubles. Rhythm is super long, and a little deeper than what many of the ABA racers are used to. Should prove to be interesting.
Slick shoes Melton posted that there is 471 motos for the ROC. Long days for sure. Utah riders looking good throughout the day.

Just finished up dinner, heading back to the track in a bit for twenty inch practice. We have wifi at the track, might take the iPad and update when I can.

Happy thanksgiving BMX fam!

Jonas
DO WORK SON!

JAlvey
GT

Postby JAlvey » Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:18 pm

Long day so far. Practice goes in the same age groups as we race, so 10 and under cruiser started at 7am and now we are still waiting for my 41x practice that ends at 940PM.

The track is fun and long. Sounds like they used 800 loads of dirt to build it. Start hill is about the same height as rads. Big step up then double in first straight. Second straigt longer then first with a big pro line. Third straight is a rythymn that must ne at least 30% longer than rads. The aba website has a link to look at a time lapse video of the build

471 motos for the roc tomorrow. I have 8 groups in cruiser and 4 in class. Ethan has 51 in 13x. Grands will be at least 20% bigger.

Utah in contention for 3 national #1's this weekend (steff gansen and brenlee Fordham on cruiser, Todd parry on cruiser, Robby Patterson on twenty) and about 34 nAG plates.

bnd
Information Minister

Postby bnd » Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:07 pm

Here is the Grands link on Vintage, if your craving more info like me.

http://www.vintagebmx.com/community/ind ... c=27058824

Thanks guys & good luck.
b.

skicruz78
GT

Postby skicruz78 » Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:44 pm

Good luck Utah BMXers! Everyone at home is pulling for you.

Skicruz
Christopher Morley
Let's play bikes!

JAlvey
GT

Postby JAlvey » Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:51 pm

Another new thing for tomorrow is that the team competition is done by state instead of team, with a states ten best finishes counting for the score. I think team Utah should be able to hold our own. Tp, pattersons, jack, heather, brenlee, browns, Melton, Jonas, king, gansen, etc should make for a good finish

Momof3crazyboyz
NEXT

Postby Momof3crazyboyz » Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:02 pm

Go get'm Utah!! Good luck to everyone!! Peddle hard ride smooth:)

onephastkiss
GT

Postby onephastkiss » Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:11 pm

make sure Aliyah Berringer is looked after. She is there I do believe

Bigdawg
NEXT

Postby Bigdawg » Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:12 pm

I cant seem to get the race on Go211. There is nothing wrong with my computer. What am I doing wrong?

bnd
Information Minister

Postby bnd » Fri Nov 25, 2011 5:54 pm

Ive logged in a few times today no problems. The 1st time thru me though because you have to click on the black arrow on the 2nd screen you come to.

b.

JAlvey
GT

Postby JAlvey » Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:42 pm

Team Utah with seven wins and three seconds for a score of 196 out of a perfect 200. California won the team thing. Our seven ROC CHAMPS: Todd parry, Robby Patterson, brenlee Fordham, heather Allred-Elliot, oakley busk, jack Kelly, and Todd parry (class). The seconds went to Danny Patterson, mike Kelly, and hollie Allred.

We had probably another 15-20 people in the mains, full results are up on the aba website.

471 motos today, makes for a long day. The guy who runs go211 is put of the hospital so that should run smoother tomorrow. Rumor from the aba is that it will break the record for moto count. We will have to see. Good night!

bnd
Information Minister

Postby bnd » Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:43 am

It was tough going at my house watching the mains. After girls cruiser the quality slowly started going south. Did I see Jonas get in a 1st turn crash in his cruiser main? Gotta give Mike Kelly some props for holeshotting his cruiser main but for the 2nd year in a row the win slips thru his hands, bummer Mike.
T.P. makes his wins look easy & I thought Danny was going to come from behind to snag a win. All you guys in the orange Team Ex. colors really stand out on the screen btw. I also heard that Brent Barton won the "Pick the moto count lotto" from Vintage & wins entries paid in full at next years Grands, wow!

Good luck today everybody & remember the Pro Spectacualr/ NAG 5 challenge is tonight on Go211.

b.

bnd
Information Minister

Postby bnd » Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:27 pm

I don't know what was worse watching , T.P. trying 3 times to pass the leader in 41-45 only to get chalklined going down the last straight or Mike Kelly losing his 51-55 main by a fraction of an inch....................I feel for both of you dudes. You guys rode HARD!

Watching Robby & Heather get it done though was great & alot of Utah riders made the mains during the Grands Did I see Bradley Harmon in is 20" main? How about Melton, Dallas & King getting good finishes in cruiser.

Anybody want to take the lead & keep giving out the props?

b.

Return to “UtahBMX”