Deseret Peak RedLine Date Change!

Anything and everything about the Utah BMX scene.

Moderators: JAlvey, bnd

D Cook
Track Operator

Deseret Peak RedLine Date Change!

Postby D Cook » Thu Feb 10, 2005 1:31 pm

Hi all,
In an effort to help with a situation that I thougth was unfixable, until an hour ago, Deseret Peak, with the permission of the ABA has decided to change our Redline Cup Qualifier to August 6th and our SCQ to August 5th, this puts both of our races taking place at our Tooele County fair and opens up the Week of August 20th for Rad Canyon to work with the SLCounty Fair.

Thanks,
Diana

mackdaddy
Resident Sushi Expert

Postby mackdaddy » Thu Feb 10, 2005 1:52 pm

Diana,
Thanks so much!!!!!!! Applause applause!!!!!!!!!

To all those not knowing what she is talking about, here goes- the folks from SL county approached us at Rad Canyon to run some races during the county fair this year in South Jordan, they have over 60,000 people at the county fair each year!
We at Rad jumped all over it, however when the county gave us our dates we realised we would be running over DP and didnt want to do that!!!!!! The situation was a tough one, however thanks to the ABA, all the track directors and county people, we are going to be able to work this out!!!! WOOHOOOO!!!
These races for both tracks will be big races! We need to make sure we ALL support both tracks for the betterment of the sport! We have an awesome opp. to build this sport way !!!!

Again Diana, thank you, thank you, thank you!!!! I say that from the view point of the sport in general
Jason Melton
Overland Group
jmelton@overlandcorp.com
http://www.jasonsellsslc.com
(801)860-9357

sspencer
Factory Bikini Cuts Hotshoe

Postby sspencer » Thu Feb 10, 2005 2:57 pm

Now this is what I like to see! The BMX community working together and cooperating for the common good of the sport! Thank you to all who made this happen!

Diana,
I think the date change will work out better for Tooele not so much because of the county fair but due to the fact that Boise will be running their RLQ on the weekend of 8/20. Utah's biggest draw, outside the state, for multi point races is the Idaho riders. By moving up the date you open youself to more out-of-state riders and no scheduling conflicts. Plus, the Tooele RLQ will be a great warm up race for the Mile High Nationals the following weekend. There will be groups of people who may be travelling through Utah for their summer vacation on their way to Dacono and will plan their trip to be at Tooele, BONUS!

The opportunity to showcase BMX racing at the county fair is priceless. Just think if we were to attract just 1% of the fair attendees to come out and try BMX... that is 600 new riders! That would more than double Utah's current ridership! Lets take advantage of this incredible opportunity and promote and share our wonderful sport with the rest of Utah.

BMX RULES!
Steve

BMXER4LIFE
Master of the Snap

FAIR RACES

Postby BMXER4LIFE » Thu Feb 10, 2005 10:51 pm

I think that holding races during the fair is an awesome idea! I had actually considered suggesting it myself. When I started racing back in '84 in Maryland, our 'National Caliber' track was located on the Howard County Fair Grounds. Every year during the fair, the track hosted what they called "Fair Week." They held 2 races a day, a.m. and p.m., and consistantly drew 50+ motos each race. It was great!

I think it's fantastic that the county wants to include BMX in the Fair! Great job, you guys. The fact that the county made the proposal shows that everyone's hard work is truly paying off. AUDI

Ammo_Dawg

Postby Ammo_Dawg » Fri Feb 11, 2005 7:02 am

Ok folks...I am officially JEALOUS! I'm going to go to my room and pout. J/K. Man what a great opportunity for Utah and the sport of BMX. I wish I could be there to help out. Austin & Ashlee will be there in my place to support both tracks. If you have any flyers made up PLEASE pass some off to Brandi. She can take them to the Youth Center on base and pass them out to all the Air Force "brats"...lol. I say that in a joking manner because my kids too are AF "brats".

Take care & race hard!

Lee

Return to “UtahBMX”