Olympic Day this Saturday.

Anything and everything about the Utah BMX scene.

Moderators: JAlvey, bnd

bnd
Information Minister

Olympic Day this Saturday.

Postby bnd » Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:18 am

Details for the newbies on this event?

Do I need a membership to ride?

Is it really FREE to race?

Schedules?

Thanks!

b. 8)
“Sometimes if you want to see a change for the better, you have to take things into your own hands.”

bnd
Information Minister

Re: Olympic Day this Saturday.

Postby bnd » Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:44 pm

What a great night!
The whole family really miss BMX racing for sure, esp coming off of nights like this. Great, GREAT track! It's refreshing to actually not worry about the next obstacle but to worry how I'm going to pass the guy in front of me. Legacy has built a 100% winner in my opinion.
- Props to the hard working volunteers that make this a good time. Good to see Dan Patterson working hard even though his kids aren't out. Dedicated.
- The gate starter was a real Pro, slowed it down when needed, esp when dealing with the little racers. Don't know his name.
- Olymipic Day is just flat out awesome. Our family saved like $50 bucks for the night. We ended up making a late night, after 11pm stop at Artic Circle for some shakes with our extra $$$.
- Even though I was signed up for cruiser I wasn't going to race it but was literally forced to by Stout & Argyle to get on bike & race 2nd moto. Thanks for watching our kids while d & I raced.
- 5 & under Novice had semis. My son was hauling butt in practice but pulled his "just happy to be here" in the motos, lol. One thing I need to do is make him a balance start gate so he can get that down before he turns 6 in Nov. My daughter had her first real Strider race too, man, we are turning into the Newkirks. 8)
- Really nice talking at length with Matt S, Baumgart, TJ Stulz(!), Heather Edwards & Curtis Barton.

Hopefully our family life is going to calm down after the 4th of July & we will be able to make it out a few more times.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrWtnr2m4yo

b.
“Sometimes if you want to see a change for the better, you have to take things into your own hands.”

ogr13
COG

Postby ogr13 » Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:07 am

You couldn't have picked a better night to race!
136 racers, over 30 motos, perfect temp & a great track!
Nice video too, did you really tell Matt "... you NAG riders are over-rated..."? :shock:
If I can find a substitute announcer, I'll get in the gate with ya next time!
Hope to see you & the family playin bikes in the dirt again soon.
Dave Cote
Crazy Old Guy

bnd
Information Minister

Postby bnd » Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:12 pm

Yeah I said that. :lol:
But you need to know that Matt was suffering from a little soreness after setting some kind of State record of doing 10,000 leg presses in a row or something like that. He probably had one of his motorcycles strapped to his shoulders while doing it to.
I'm pretty sure the results would of been different if he was healthy.
Speaking of being sore, looked like Ron Melton was hating it leaving the track. Hope he heals up quick.

b.

McCauley
GHP

Postby McCauley » Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:22 pm

Legacy always has a Great Turn out for the younger Riders , Bruce The Ramp you build me has worked Great ... I have Loaned it to a Young lady to work on her Balance ..... Now if anyone has the secret to Confidence on the rest of the Track .... I could use Help
....Good to See you and The Family
McCauley

JAlvey
GT

Postby JAlvey » Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:44 pm

bend your knees. High center of gravity = fall over. Low center of gravity = not so much falling over.

Return to “UtahBMX”