Grands review.

Anything and everything about the Utah BMX scene.

Moderators: JAlvey, bnd

bnd
Information Minister

Grands review.

Postby bnd » Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:47 pm

We just got done watching for the weekend & Utah did great!

I'll get to some talking points later but if you didn't see it, Jack Kelly came as close as you can get to getting the overall AM#1 title. I honestly thought he would be getting it until Malik won his main, surprising me. Wow!

A bunch of Utahans made their mains & many won them, including Foresta, Allred & Kelly.
Great action & a good time watching our homies kick butt. How about Utah placing 3rd at the Prez Cup?

More later.

b.
“Sometimes if you want to see a change for the better, you have to take things into your own hands.”

bnd
Information Minister

Re: Grands review.

Postby bnd » Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:55 pm

The dust has settled and it seems the negative nellies are out in force over at V. :roll:
Anyways, I watched most of the weekend and some of my thoughts,

Seeing Harmon come from behind in his roc cruiser main with such determination was awesome. You could tell he just wanted it.

TP looked like his usual self for the roc but what happened on Sunday? he looked not himself, almost average.

Matt Spencer going for the make or break move for all the marbles on Sundays main. Better to take a chance and live with the fallout than just settle with what's comfortable. Great year.

Jack Kelly signing with Answer,Rennen!? Must of been a hell of a signing bonus!

Foresta was running 2nd in the nag challenge before crashing in the 2nd turn. My predictions over the past 10 years have pretty much been spot on. Two things I see happening sooner than later, national number 1 am for sure and a player in lady pro if she goes that route. Unbelievable talent.

The usabmx feed had a few issues here but overall it rocked.

It was interesting seeing a lot of the big dogs fall apart come main time on Sunday. If I was a betting man I would of lost a ton of money.

How many NAG plates did Utah bring home?

Jim Rielly the announcer who has been doing nats forever, said he is retiring. He has been doing it as long as I can remember and his shoes are going to be hard to fill.

b.
“Sometimes if you want to see a change for the better, you have to take things into your own hands.”

joeynsophia
Intense

Re: Grands review.

Postby joeynsophia » Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:51 am

There was a lot of great racing and results from our locals. If you get a chance, look at the replay for 12X and opens all weekend. You will see Hunter Brown make some of the best moves of the weekend! He did awesome.

The Edwards clan also were going FAST all weekend. Jordan rode the best I have ever seen. Proud of that kid....

Lastly...Heather Allred Elliot killed it. She is so far above her competition it is almost embarrassing. She is in such great shape and riding sooo fast. I expect that she will continue to dominate her age class and get to 10 consecutive Nag1 titles in the next few years. (Hall of Fame?) I do not know of any other female that has represented and supported this sport better then her!

The best thing about the weekend was the support all the Utahans gave each other. Great sportsmanship!

Steve

Return to “UtahBMX”