It's a small world after all......

Anything and everything about the Utah BMX scene.

Moderators: JAlvey, bnd

J Gallo
Web Guy

It's a small world after all......

Postby J Gallo » Mon May 24, 2004 1:48 pm

After I posted the story about Rich Hardy giving his new Redline bike to Dale Bartashnick (click here if you didn't read it) I wanted my wife to read it to see how it sounded, since she's a teacher. Well she started to read the story, then asks if Dale has blond hair, I tell her to scroll down to look at the pic, and lo and behold she recognizes Dale as a student she had in opne of her classes awhile back!

This, and the fact she shared some Master's classes with Jason Stout.

Freaky! :shock:
Gallo
"The ability to walk fully upright is overrated. Along with tying your own shoes."

Rick

Freaky

Postby Rick » Tue May 25, 2004 9:08 am

Jason S. is a little freaky... but that's weird that your wife and Jason shared classes together! :?

Just kidding Jason.

Rick E.

Jason Stout

Just for the record....

Postby Jason Stout » Tue May 25, 2004 10:26 am

...it was an online class, and I completely failed that one. Who can pay attention to "Reasearch Methods for the classroom teacher -EDUC 6550...." when you can go ride BMX?

As far as me being a little freaky....just ask Rich how freaky I got over the 10 pack in Tooele the other night. Rich! I'm sorry! I didn't mean to sent you into the pig swamp! My Shoulder pads act like hanglider wings when it's windy!

Just for the record- Rick E. Tossed me over the triple step up into the first place position in the first open qualifier. Thanks for the toss Rick!

Freak on!

Class- Word of the day...(I'm not making this up!)

Phreaker- One who illegally taps into the phone line.

Class dismissed.

JS

J Gallo
Web Guy

Postby J Gallo » Tue May 25, 2004 10:35 am

Who can pay attention to "Reasearch Methods for the classroom teacher -EDUC 6550....

My wife can, but she's kinda weird like that. Plus, she's not really fond of BMX, and the time and money I put into it. Hopefully she'll get that big raise after finishing her Master's and I can quit my job to race BMX and update the website full time :D :lol: :wink:

I'll keep my fingers crossed....
Gallo
"The ability to walk fully upright is overrated. Along with tying your own shoes."

Wayne_McCabe

Postby Wayne_McCabe » Wed May 26, 2004 1:59 pm

Jason, Keep your day job. I have a Master's in Educational Media and Computers (Instructional Design) and have five year's teaching experience and Colorado school dist still only want to pay about $40,000 / yr. Thank goodness I had a friend get me on at IBM.

On another note, I really like how you guys have utilized your forum, I cannot get the Colorado crew to do it, that or they are just computer illiterate, not sure.

I come read your forum than I do my own website at coloradobmx.net.

Wayne McCabe

JasonStout
GT

Day job is BMX!

Postby JasonStout » Wed May 26, 2004 2:39 pm

Wayne- welcome to utahbmx.

The site is indicative of the greatness of being a bmxer in utah!

I prefer people over computers- which is why I'm studying to be a teacher/coach. And for the record, the day I decided that, was the day I decided a life of poverty as well.

Peace

JS

greg
2004 36-40 Cruiser State Champ

Postby greg » Thu May 27, 2004 9:31 am

at the risk of sounding sappy.....

and I'm sure that you guys already know this, and that is why you have chosen the path that you have taken....

the diference between poverty and richness is a state of mind. Money doesn't make you rich..........it only makes you have allot of money. Being rich is having and doing the things that you want......doing and having the things that make you happy.

Money is of course a way to become rich, but there are many many other ways too. Thank God we don't all chase the big bucks to become rich...........because then there would be that much less money for me to get. lol

greg
Greg "how long does it take you to crash" prawitt

JS

Deep thawts!

Postby JS » Tue Jun 01, 2004 12:38 pm

Right on Greg!

Good point.

Rich = being able to do what makes you happy

BMX= is the thing to do to make you happy

Money=BMX racing

of course the reciprical is true for pros...(BMX racing = money, but not being able to do what you want all the time because the factory owns you...unless you are Jake ("GivinFits") Fitsgibbons... and do what you want anyway....oops this was a long tangent in the formula)

Rich=BMX!

whooooooooaaaaaaahh ...cool.

JS

Return to “UtahBMX”