Legacy update.

Anything and everything about the Utah BMX scene.

Moderators: JAlvey, bnd

bnd
Information Minister

Legacy update.

Postby bnd » Fri May 09, 2014 7:04 am

This was posted on the FB link 2 days ago...........

"The track came through the latest rainstorm very well. We are still planning on racing Saturday, registration 6-7. Keep posted here if the weather gets bad again."

It's Friday morning & it's raining again. Keep tuned here & their Facebook page for the latest.

https://www.facebook.com/LegacyRacewayBMX?fref=ts

b.
“Sometimes if you want to see a change for the better, you have to take things into your own hands.”

bnd
Information Minister

Re: Legacy update.

Postby bnd » Fri May 09, 2014 7:25 am

BTW, the track layout is about intermediate level to start off the year. There are a few jumps that an average guy like myself can actually jump(!), imagine that, in this day & age of pump-track-endless-rollers-20ft-gaps, bla-bla. :roll:
I was telling someone that the days of actually getting your wheels off the ground has become a lost art for the average BMXer, the risk of getting broke off if you dare go for it.....it shouldn't be that way but unfortunalty it is.
The 3rd straight of Deseret Peak was the best section of track ever in my eyes around here locally. All 12-15ft gaps that you could do practically anything on.

Anyways, it has plenty of room for pedaling & passing too. The berms are HUGE. Saturday nights should really be packed there this summer so come out & support an awesome program. Give Kevin Dilly & Justin Alvey a big thanks when you see them too, they have put in a TON of freaking work to make this happen.

b.
“Sometimes if you want to see a change for the better, you have to take things into your own hands.”

Legacy Raceway BMX
Huffy

Postby Legacy Raceway BMX » Sat May 10, 2014 11:29 am

Racing has been cancelled for today due to track conditions and ongoing rain.

bnd
Information Minister

Postby bnd » Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:18 am

I stopped at the track yesterday on the way home from work. The 3rd & last straights appear to be finished, the corners look to be done (HUGE!). The 1st straight looks to be 50% & the 2nd straight needs to be built.

The 3rd & last straights, if left alone will be great. Not too busy, with plenty of pedaling. The 3rd straight rythem isn't crazy & looks good.
1st straight going into the corner is a triple step, I like it. The first obstacle is a dub, needs work though, fill it in & make a safe table top?
2nd straight, who knows.

There is still ALOT of water here & there & spots are really soft. I took some pics & will try to post them up sometime this weekend. I would get ahold of Dilley or Alvey before heading out if your going to help.

So far, so good, the Legacy crew are doing a great job considering the weather.
Looking forward to getting back on the bmx bike 1st race. 8)

b.

b.

bnd
Information Minister

Postby bnd » Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:19 am

I stopped by the track yesterday & it looks good. The 1st & 2nd straights are built up bigger than last build, step, table dub, but the 3rd & 4th straights look to be a tad tamer which is great in my eyes for the big wheelers to get around on.
The track will be racing this Saturday night.

b.

bnd
Information Minister

Postby bnd » Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:15 pm

As of right now the track is flooded again. All this weeks events are cancelled. Check back next week to see what the latest is.

b.

Return to “UtahBMX”