Great news from Rock Springs BMX indoors.

Anything and everything about the Utah BMX scene.

Moderators: JAlvey, bnd

bnd
Information Minister

Great news from Rock Springs BMX indoors.

Postby bnd » Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:25 pm

Apparently, with the Rock Springs track under new leadership, one of the 1st things they did was to make sure none of their indoor dates landed on the same weekends as RC & Legacy.
What a great move & it shows the new guys "get it". 8)

b.
“Sometimes if you want to see a change for the better, you have to take things into your own hands.”

PAPAWHEELY
Schwinn

Re: Great news from Rock Springs BMX indoors.

Postby PAPAWHEELY » Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:24 am

That's great,lets see the schedule so we can start making plans.
Gatezilla is always fun.

bnd
Information Minister

Postby bnd » Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:22 am

I just posted a schedule over in the other forum.
For those who have never been to Rock Springs Indoors, they have the biggest indoor starting gate/ramp in the nation.

Here are a few quotes and comments from riders who have experienced the thrill of Gatezilla.

"We went straight to the track & were blown away by the starting gate "Gatezilla" they have there. I have seen pics but pics don't do it justice. It's honestly the coolest, trickest thing I have ever seen at a BMX race. angel.png "

"The speed you got coming off of it was incredible & it took a lot of gates to get used to going that fast indoors."

"The stairway/ramps leading you single file up cured the cluster of what is known as staging. It was very orderly & fast. The best system I have ever experienced."

"Rock Springs was CRAZY! That gate is F-U-N!"

"I don't know if it's unique feature or not but the front of the gate is a brilliant idea, there's literally no way a person's appendage could get caught/smashed in it. Kudos to the builders of the beast."

"Very cool engineering & gate design there."

"This is the best gate and starting hill I have ever came out of. Rock Springs crew did it right. There were very few crashes on the first straight. We had fast, slow ,new and old riders all loved it. The biggest problem with that gate is it is not at Rad. You can set this gate at any height, I feel they set it up perfect. Best thing since paved turns. It is not the staring hill it is the jumps, Rad outdoor was way more scary than this, good job WY it was a great weekend."

"To the RS crews credit, they had the first straight slowed down pretty good going into the first turn. They had a fairly large group of 5 & under Ns and they didn't have any problem at all. The down angle of the ramp looks steeper in the pictures than it really is. I ran the gate on Sunday and didn't see any problems!"

"Big props to the Rock Springs crew for adding a new dimension to their indoor program! That is awesome that they have the outside support from someone who is willing to spend that kind of money which is pretty nonexistent anywhere else in the country."

"I was blown away by this thing. It is the coolest thing I have ever seen at a BMX race. The added speed was a welcome addition & wasn't a problem at all from 5 novies to 51 & over cruisers. A new gate even just half this tall at our indoors would be awesome. The single-file line/ramp works out great to, no crowding, no banging around. Rock Springs has it going on."

"I LOVE "gatezilla" in Rock Springs, WY and jumping as much as I can... "

b.
“Sometimes if you want to see a change for the better, you have to take things into your own hands.”

PAPAWHEELY
Schwinn

Postby PAPAWHEELY » Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:47 am

Found the schedule below...Thanks Bruce.

bnd
Information Minister

Postby bnd » Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:55 pm

Rock Springs indoors is coming up this weekend folks. It looks to be good travelling weather. It takes about 3 hrs doing the speed limit (unless your Dan Patterson then it's 2..... :lol: ).
Show your support & head on up.

The Outlaw Inn is a good bet, close to the track if your spending the night.

I'll see if I can get anymore info on the upcoming weekend.

b.

Return to “UtahBMX”