The weekly Police report.

Anything and everything about the Utah BMX scene.

Moderators: JAlvey, bnd

bnd
Information Minister

The weekly Police report.

Postby bnd » Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:13 pm

http://www.sweetwaternow.com/rock-sprin ... g-bmx-inc/

....and now for my monthly UtBMX.com commentary,

You know, if this story is true :roll: , it's just another in a long line of people taking a crap in their own bed. In the mid-80's, the indoor scene was a victim of such a crime. The perps were well known & ended up splitting town. They were eventually tracked down but even 30 years later have yet to repay what they stole.
There was a case within the past 5 years where monies "possibly" could of disappeared & the situation hasn't been resolved yet.
Now this.

Why do I give a care about a BMX scene 200 miles away? Well let me tell you sports fans, Rock Springs was created much in part by the Utah locals & headed by the Harmons back in 1999. We supported that scene for a very long time up until about 4 years ago when politics with the local T.O. in Rock Springs basically told Utah to eff off. It wasn't until new leadership last Fall changed all that & from the looks of things, their scene is back on track & pulling good numbers.

The locals are great in Wyoming. Some of the BEST BMX memories I have are related to Rock Spring roadies. The racing was almost secondary compared to the fun times before and after the races. Bar fight at the Astro Lounge? Trash talking in staging with the Colorado crew that used to show up in big numbers? Letting your dogs race on the track? HUGE Pro races? The good times go on & on.
The T.O.'s would literally let MIke Kelly & myself design & help build the tracks in the early 2000's & there was a bunch of crazy, different things that you just don't see anywhere. The times were so good I would go up on Thursday after work & spend all night & all Friday helping build the track. Iv'e met friends for life up there.

So, you can see in a nutshell why this story kind of has me fired up & I'm sure there are alot of others that call Wyoming BMX a friend. I've got to give props to the person or persons who didn't take this lying down & went to the authorities for further action. Sure, you are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law in this Country but the Police usually don't arrest you unless they have a pretty good case.

We will keep you updated on how this shakes out.

b.
“Sometimes if you want to see a change for the better, you have to take things into your own hands.”

mackdaddy
Resident Sushi Expert

Re: The weekly Police report.

Postby mackdaddy » Fri Mar 06, 2015 12:01 pm

Good post B!
Jason Melton
Overland Group
jmelton@overlandcorp.com
http://www.jasonsellsslc.com
(801)860-9357

bnd
Information Minister

Re: The weekly Police report.

Postby bnd » Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:02 am

The perp plead guilty, has to pay back 10k of the 35+k that was missing. 5 years supervised probation.
The BMX to's are not happy, I guess crime does pay.

Loser!

b.
“Sometimes if you want to see a change for the better, you have to take things into your own hands.”

Return to “UtahBMX”