June news & notes.

Anything and everything about the Utah BMX scene.

Moderators: JAlvey, bnd

bnd
Information Minister

June news & notes.

Postby bnd » Sun Jun 21, 2015 8:18 pm

Olympic Day was pretty awesome at Rad Canyon. Yes sports fans, the Ritters were in the house, first time in years & it was the 1st time in 8 that I signed up. I was pleasantly surprised with the track. It was fun to ride on. Now, bar banging with a gate full of fast dudes, I think Ill pass. Really nice day though & it was nice seeing alot of old faces.

Deseret Peak BMX is now up & running.
The Ervins are the T.O.s & had their grand opening June 19th. Racing is going to be Saturday mornings w/ some Sunday thrown in. Check their Face Book page for exact dates. Props to them for working so hard to get that place back up & running.

Announcer Dave Cote is getting big league on us, he's now on TV. He's the ring announcer for our local MMA Steelfist promotion. The show is on MyTV (I think) & comes on weekends. Check your local listings. UTAH SteelFist Fight Night TV is @ 9pm & every Sunday night!
Dish/DirectTV ch.12
Comcast ch. 22 HD 643
Antenna 2.2

Legacy BMX is up & running, doing their thing on Saturday nights. SCQ next weekend.

Rock Springs now has a pump track & some trail jump lines are being built too.

Utah BMX.com news.
I communicated with Jason Gallo recently & asked him if we can get a face lift done on this site, make it leaner & simpler. He said when he gets some free time hes going to address it. I want to make it 2 forums only & a new fresh look. Stay tuned.

Guthrie Skatepark (Brighton) has a schedule that only allows elementary age kids to use the park the mornings of Wednesdays, 7-11. If you would like to get you kids to ride a park without the hassle of potentially getting run over by bigger riders, check it out. The Cottonwood Heights PD are pretty good about enforcing the rules too. BMX only also on Sunday mornings, 7-11am. We still hit that up a few times a month.

If anybody has anything to add on BMX of Mt. biking, feel free to let us know!

b.
“Sometimes if you want to see a change for the better, you have to take things into your own hands.”

bnd
Information Minister

Re: June news & notes.

Postby bnd » Sun Jun 21, 2015 8:22 pm

Deseret Peak BMX Face Book link............

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Deseret- ... 23?fref=nf

b.
“Sometimes if you want to see a change for the better, you have to take things into your own hands.”

Return to “UtahBMX”