Race for Life weekend, *CONTEST!*

Anything and everything about the Utah BMX scene.

Moderators: JAlvey, bnd

bnd
Information Minister

Race for Life weekend, *CONTEST!*

Postby bnd » Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:13 pm

Ok sports fans, the biggest weekend of the year is fast approaching next weekend, the 19th-22nd.

- Saturday night is the Race for Life.
Remember, you can & should bring a friend. You can also reach out to a friend who used to race and invite them to come out & visit. I bet I send out a dozen invites leading up & half of them show up. You never know, they might just dust off the bike or bring the kids out. Do your part in trying to promote the sport, it doesn't really get any easier!

- Bike swap meet.
Want to sell or in the market for some new/used stuff? This is the night to get that deal. Get with Dallas or Steve Spencer about securing a 10x10 spot if you want to display your wares. Bring your own table.

- Old School stuff.
I'm going to hold a contest & here's the deal, anybody who brings me ANYTHING old school, be it a bike, bike part, uniform (bonus points if it's being worn), trophy, memorabilia, ect.........ANYTHING, you'll be in the hunt for a killer prize, Iv'e got 6 of them so Just show up at my area by the EZ-ups & show me what you've got, it's that simple.

- Old school photo op.
We have done this in the past but it's been awhile. Sometime during the evening it would be nice to get anybody over the age of let's say 36, anybody who used to race bitd or has been around the sport since the 80's or 90's. Let's take a group shot. I'll give RC a heads up to make it happen.

thanks!

b.
“Sometimes if you want to see a change for the better, you have to take things into your own hands.”

bnd
Information Minister

Re: Race for Life weekend, *CONTEST!*

Postby bnd » Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:33 pm

b.
“Sometimes if you want to see a change for the better, you have to take things into your own hands.”

bnd
Information Minister

Re: Race for Life weekend, *CONTEST!*

Postby bnd » Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:58 pm

Here's a thought, since there is going to be an old school "feel" to this weekend, how about an old school track layout?
1 or 2 jumps per straight & how about a pro jump but make it smaller so the little riders to the old geezers could attempt it? Some sort of table top?

b.

Return to “UtahBMX”