Riders that we have lost.

Anything and everything about the Utah BMX scene.

Moderators: JAlvey, bnd

bnd
Information Minister

Tyler Ostler, 1991-2007.

Postby bnd » Sun Aug 12, 2007 6:55 pm

Some of you might remember Tyler, he came up in the ranks with Vince's class. I haven't seen him out at the track for a year or so but he lived up by me & went to school at Brighton/Butler. RIP.

http://www.legacy.com/SaltLakeTribune/O ... d=92497705

b.

Diesel
AA Pro Track Sweeper

Postby Diesel » Sun Aug 12, 2007 9:22 pm

Damn!

Anyone know what happened??? Car wreck???

We always enjoyed Tyler and Tom's company!

He rode that ole white Specialized Jr.

Diesel

D Dale
GT

Postby D Dale » Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:50 am

Ostler Family... I am so sorry for your loss. Tyler was a great kid with an infectious smile. He will be missed by all who knew him. Even though he had been away from the track for a while Tyler and Colton still kept in touch. Please know that you all are in our thoughts and prayers.

With Love,

The Dale family

Diesel
AA Pro Track Sweeper

Postby Diesel » Tue Aug 14, 2007 2:18 pm

This deal has really been eating at me. Without being 100% sure this is what happened, I wouldn't bet against it!

What a total drag!!! How quickly things can turn to @#&$!!!

Copied from Saturday's Trib article.

Teen killed in forklift accident
The Salt Lake Tribune
Article Last Updated: 08/11/2007 01:09:55 AM MDT

A 16-year-old boy died Friday after being pinned by a forklift, according to West Valley City police.
The teen's parents have been notified, but his name was not released as the investigation is ongoing, said Lt. Matt Elson.
The boy was killed after the forklift he was operating tipped over, pinning him to the ground at 3:19 p.m., Elson said. He was attempting to move rolled up sheets of aluminum at Target Flexo, at 2203 W. Alexander St. (2420 South).
"Apparently, he has worked there for several years," Elson said, noting that several of the boy's family members also work at the business.
Police are investigating what caused the accident and whether the teen should have been operating the forklift.
The teen died before police arrived on scene, Elson said. His body was taken by the Office of the Medical Examiner.
- Nathan C. Gonzalez

D Dale
GT

Postby D Dale » Tue Aug 14, 2007 3:18 pm

Dan,

That is what happened. How very sad!!! Tyler was a great kid and the Ostlers are wonderful people. My heart goes out to them.

The obituary said in lieu of flowers, donations may be made to the family. I bought a card and will bring it to the track tonight and if anyone would like to make a donation and sign the card, I am sure the family would appreciate it. I will take it to the funeral tomorrow.

Darla Dale

bnd
Information Minister

A message from the Tyler Ostler family.

Postby bnd » Sat Dec 08, 2007 12:05 pm

I recieved an e-mail from the Ostler family..................

Hello to all at the track,
we can not express to you
how much you have helped us.
We will be racing full time
next year. Please tell
everyone Merry Christmas.
The Ostlers.

b.

BMX4Me
Schwinn

Sad Day in the Healey Household.......

Postby BMX4Me » Thu May 14, 2009 12:06 pm

For those of you that were around Utah bmx about 10 years ago, you might remember the Packer family. Pat and Cris lived up in Heber and had 2 boys that raced, Ben and Alex. Both of the kids were members of the bmx team Don and I ran as part of our business Bicycle Pro Shop. They moved to Brentwood California about 4 years ago. I found out today that Pat Passed away over the weekend...42 years old. To make it even more tragic, their oldest son Ben who is the same age as Travis, killed him.

Here is a link to the obituary

http://www.legacy.com/saltlaketribune/O ... =127270716

Here is the link to a news story

http://www.insidebayarea.com/crime/ci_12359960

I can't imagine what their family is going through right now. Ben sounds like he has been a lost soul. Please send some positive thoughts and prayers to this awesome family.

It was always great to hang out with Packers at the track...such positive, happy people. Travis and Ben had a good time together. Pat also raced 31-35 cruisers with Kevin Sleater, Don, Roland etc back then.

Here is the team pic from 1999
Back row L-R: Shane Goddard, Don Healey, Codey Albretson, Ron Melton, Nancy Melton
3rd row: Jordan Smith, Ben Packer, Jason Melton
2nd row: Trevor Gransbury, Tyler Albretson, Alex Packer
1st row: Taylor Healey, Katie Halladay, Travis Healey

R.I.P. Pat Packer

Pam Healey

bnd
Information Minister

Re: Sad Day in the Healey Household.......

Postby bnd » Thu May 14, 2009 12:49 pm

I don't know what to say, I knew Pat pretty good. He painted Danitas current cruiser frame, he was a GREAT guy & quit at the top of his game. Thanks for the heads up as I didn't know they moved to SoCal.....wow :(

RIP.

The Ritters
“Sometimes if you want to see a change for the better, you have to take things into your own hands.”

D Dale
GT

Postby D Dale » Thu May 14, 2009 1:46 pm

OMG!!! I don't even know what to say. The Packers were a great family. It was sad when they stopped racing BMX for Moto X. Colton and Brody were on the Bicycle Pro Shop team the year after the photo above was taken. Pat painted our helmets that year. The ones with the black and white checkers on them.

What a horrible tragedy. Please say a prayer for this family, I know we will. God Speed Pat you will be greatly missed.

BMX4Me
Schwinn

Postby BMX4Me » Thu May 14, 2009 3:13 pm

Pat was a really great guy! Our family is really saddened by this. Absolutely super people! Your right Darla he did paint the BPS helmets.

I was thinking about sending some $ to the memorial fund. If anyone else is interested, let me know and we can send it together.

Pam Healey

bnd
Information Minister

RIP Doug Dunford.

Postby bnd » Sun Jun 28, 2009 3:08 pm

I read in the paper today old schooler Doug Dunford passed away at a very young age.................

http://www.legacy.com/SaltLakeTribune/O ... =128992663

I raced against Doug around 84'-85' as did Scott Taul & probebly Chris Clift. Doug was a VERY nice guy & fast. I have some pics of us racing that I'll find & post up but please take a minute to check out his obit & his BMX pic & say a prayer for his family.

Thanks,
Bruce
“Sometimes if you want to see a change for the better, you have to take things into your own hands.”

Diesel
AA Pro Track Sweeper

Re: RIP Doug Dunford.

Postby Diesel » Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:06 am

He looks familiar to me. What happened to him Bruce?
Man made Global Warming is a HOAX!
Al Gore and his boy's gonna take you to the cleaners while they get bank!
Stop Obamacare, Cap and Tax and Alien Amnesty!

bnd
Information Minister

Postby bnd » Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:25 am

Don't know.

b.

thebmxlife
Huffy

Postby thebmxlife » Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:55 pm

sil89via
Huffy

Postby sil89via » Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:01 pm

Doug contracted the swine flu
He was Scott Price best Friend
very sad to lose such a great guy
Riders ready,pedals ready,GO!!!