Riders that we have lost.

Anything and everything about the Utah BMX scene.

Moderators: JAlvey, bnd

bmxmomtophamboys
NEXT

Re: RIP Billy Joe Topham

Postby bmxmomtophamboys » Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:30 pm

ashleytopham wrote:Bruce- It might have been or your thinking of Wesley Penrod my other cousin him and Ty were about the same age I believe But Billy is only 3 or 4 years older than Tyler but they were together all the time.Thanks for everyone who remembers my cousins. But least Billy wont suffer from his addictions anymore. Were not sure when the funeral is yet but as soon as I know I will post the information.
Billy is only two years older than Tyler and Kyle Spencer road with and Westley I am Billy and Tyler Topham's Mother Julee

INTOOSUNS
Schwinn

Thomas Maurice Bullock Jr - Dad

Postby INTOOSUNS » Wed May 23, 2012 2:25 pm

Hello bmx and Utah family....with the passing of our friend Thomas Bullock Jr (dad) yesterday, Tues May 22nd and as sudden as it was the Bullock family needs everyones help and support. If you would like to make donations to help ease the funeral costs for the Bullock family you can donate at paypal.com. Send to frazier.dawn@yahoo.com. Please send as "gift". If you do not have a paypal account you can donate directly to the family.

Once funeral arrangements are made I will be updating this post.

Thank you for your support and please keep up with the prayers to the Bullock family.

bnd
Information Minister

Re: Thomas Maurice Bullock Jr - Dad

Postby bnd » Thu May 24, 2012 8:43 am

I talked to someone close to this situation, absolutley gut wrenching.
I hope the BMX community rallies around the family & helps out anyway they can. Money was tight so anything will help.

Thanks,
b.
“Sometimes if you want to see a change for the better, you have to take things into your own hands.”

INTOOSUNS
Schwinn

Re: Thomas Maurice Bullock Jr - Dad

Postby INTOOSUNS » Thu May 24, 2012 5:19 pm

Funeral services as follows:

Tues, May 29th, 2012

Starks Funeral Parlor
3651 South 9th East
Salt Lake City, UT

Memorial viewing will be at 5:00 pm along with the funeral at 6:00 pm.

All are welcome to say your goodbyes.

bnd
Information Minister

Rocky Anderson, RIP.

Postby bnd » Tue May 29, 2012 8:54 pm

I was informed today by Rockys uncle that he passed away today & it hurts having to break this news on the heels of Bullock Sr.'s passing.
Another loss to the BMX community, alot of people will remember Rocky from the 80's up until 95'. He was racing when he was 3 or 4 yrs old at the indoor Fairgrounds. He kept at it & was a crowd favorite everytime he hit the track. He was an extremely nice & well liked young man. He was one of the fastest racers in the State & was featured with Fuzzy in the early 90's video "Dead Sailor".
Rocky was involved in a serious motorcycle accident in 95(?) & was never the same. I saw him once or twice in the late 90's as he came out to RC to visit but his days of riding were over. He was still the happy go lucky kid inside though.

I know there are still alot of current racers that knew Rocky & his family. I will post up info about his funeral as soon as I get them.

b.
“Sometimes if you want to see a change for the better, you have to take things into your own hands.”

sil89via
Huffy

Re: Rocky Anderson, RIP.

Postby sil89via » Wed May 30, 2012 1:39 pm

Sad news, He was so fun to be around, and one fast racer.
RIP Rocky
Riders ready,pedals ready,GO!!!

1zie
Huffy

Re: Rocky Anderson, RIP.

Postby 1zie » Thu May 31, 2012 9:59 am

Rocky's Obituary

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/saltla ... =157863374

Rocky Daniel Anderson  

1977 ~ 2012
On Tuesday, May 29, 2012 Rocky Daniel Anderson (R-Dog) returned to the loving arms of his Heavenly Father. The Angels voices filled the heavens at the return of this dearly loved young man. Several close family members were waiting to greet Rocky and rejoice with him at his return home, be it far too soon for those of us left behind. Rocky had a one of a kind sense of humor and personality. He was loved by all who had the privilege of knowing him, whether it be for a few minutes or for many years. Only our " R-Dog" could make you laugh till you cried and cry until there were no more tears.
He was born February 28, 1977 to Daniel Anderson and Diane Foren Lloyd. He had a smile that lit up a room and continued to do so until his last day on this earth. Rocky loved any kind of extreme sport. Especially BMX riding with his favorite "G" Fuzzy Hall. We love you so much for loving R-Double-D-Dog unconditionally. Rocky had countless friends whom he loved very much. They in return loved and supported him through his entire journey. No one could ask for better friends than Rocky had. Thank you will never be enough for the gratitude our family feels towards these friends, and you know who you are.
Rocky loved his family. Especially his Dad, his Mother and his "never give up" and "endure to the end" Grandma Margaret, they will all continue to love him until their last days on earth.
He always had us laughing, except of course, when he didn't. We will miss his smart-alec wit and his ability to make everyone smile. We are confident that he continues to make people smile on the other side.
Survived by his parents Daniel and Diane, sister Elsha, brother Daniel, niece and nephew Gage and Madison, Grandmothers Margaret and Trudy (David) many aunts, uncles, cousins and countless friends.
Services will be held Friday, June 1st at 5 p.m. Family and friends may visit and exchange stories and adventures at the home of his Grandma Margaret, 2695 S. 450 E. Bountiful, UT. This will be a time to celebrate Rocky's life.
Thank you Rocky for showing us what you were made of. Strength, determination and sweet, sweet love. We will love and miss you…until we see you again.

bnd
Information Minister

R.I.P. Mike Sleater.

Postby bnd » Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:22 am

Mike Sleater, father of Ali, Kevin & Chris, a long time Utah T.O., passed away last week.

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/saltla ... bLoggedOut

b.

joker75
SBC Army

Re: R.I.P. Mike Sleater.

Postby joker75 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:38 am

Bruce, is this the Mike I have had discussions with here and on Vintage. If it is, he contacted me the other day on Vintage. I sent him a few messages and never received a response. My condolences to his family and friends. As rough as he came off on the forums, he definitely cared about the Utah BMX family.
Hal Gaerte
Performance Bike Parts
Disclaimer: AKA of "Snappy" has nothing to do with my ability to snap a gate. It has everything to do with the sound bones make when the break. Don't ask, it's a touchy subject.

bnd
Information Minister

Postby bnd » Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:44 pm

EDIT.

joker75
SBC Army

Postby joker75 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:21 pm

I apologize for the confusion Bruce. I'm a late comer to the BMX scene so it's hard to keep track of all the Mikes.
Hal Gaerte
Performance Bike Parts
Disclaimer: AKA of "Snappy" has nothing to do with my ability to snap a gate. It has everything to do with the sound bones make when the break. Don't ask, it's a touchy subject.

bnd
Information Minister

Postby bnd » Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:57 pm

Look me up this weekend & I'll be happy to tell you all about the BMX Sleaters. 8)

b.

joker75
SBC Army

Postby joker75 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:32 pm

Thanks for straightening me out Bruce. I enjoy learning about all of the people who have been instrumental in helping the Utah BMX scene become the great program it is today. From our chats in the past, I realize that you know just about everyone and everything there is to know about BMX in Utah. I appreciate the time you have taken to share stories and information with me, and hope to be around for a long time to learn more.
Hal Gaerte
Performance Bike Parts

bnd
Information Minister

Postby bnd » Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:24 pm

Thanks for the compliments but Iv'e got to say that I'm lucky to know the pioneers of Utah BMX & those that stuck it out during the down years in the State.
So one of these days we will have a Wikipedia page for Utah BMX, ive' talked about it for years & it should happen sooner than later but it would be probebly the biggest undertaking I'll ever take on just for the fact that I would want to get everything right.

For your information the people to talk to right now about Utah BMX history would be............

1970s - mid 80s' - Steve Oblad, Kevin Sleater, Roland Critchfield.
Early 80's - late 80's - Alot of people are still racing from this era but myself, the Edwards, Jack Taul, Dave Park, Lorne Wiberg, Alvey, you get the picture.
Mid 80's to 93' - Steve Spencer. He stuck it out when BMX was in a slump.
93' - present - Myself, Spencer, The Meltons, The Allreds.

Don't get me wrong, there are a ton of people who raced during these periods that are still around & can share stories but some of these listed have an extensive knowledge of who, what & where in BMX at the time.
If we could somehow get the Sleaters & Critchfields photo albums online in here, there would be reading material that would last a year!

b.

Return to “UtahBMX”