1st practice @ Legacy, what to expect & news.

Anything and everything about the Utah BMX scene.

Moderators: JAlvey, bnd

bnd
Information Minister

1st practice @ Legacy, what to expect & news.

Postby bnd » Fri May 29, 2020 10:08 pm

- We have been working hard over the past week to get the new rebuild almost done. We are almost there but not quite. The track needs to be ridden by a lot of bikes. We did not have the luxury of a roller so it's going to be soft, the more laps that get put on it, the more packed in it's going to get. Please be patient & realize that Legacy has been more "motocross than supercross". The first couple practices are going to be this way.

- Practice times for the 12 & under starts at 6pm & ends 7:05pm. please be prompt in leaving the facility so the next group, 13 & over, can move in for their practice at 7:15pm to 8:30pm.

- You know the story about social distancing, don't kiss each other & don't share the same drink in staging, ect.

- The bathrooms will be maintained by the Events Center & they will be clean but I like to keep some sanitizer handy just for some extra protection, but that's just me.

- Please check Legacy Raceway BMX Facebook page to sign up online. Practice is 5 bucks.

- Parents with little ones, your more than welcome to be on the gate or track if your racer needs you. We don't have a problem with that.

Pretty simple & straight to the point, right? Right.
Here's some other news.

- The track leadership this year consists of the official track operator, Zach Randall.
Badass bmx racer, even more a BA trail jumper & the nicest UHP Trooper in Northern Utah.
The 4 other board members are - Justin "Doc" Alvey, Ron Melton, Doug Cheney & Bruce Ritter.

- We have been planning this since late last year, had a solid game plan & it's really coming together. We wanted a track that harkens back to when jumping & pedaling was king. The new track design shows that we weren't kidding around when we all started moving dirt. On top of that, we have some very unique sections, mainly the end of the 3rd straight & the last straight that will give you options & different obstacles to take if you choose.

- We reached out to local legend, Fuzzy Hall to see if he was interested in helping us dial in our trail jumping section. He's all in & I was stoked seeing his eyes light up, seeing our track & being blown away that anybody would even consider doing what we are doing. So in the upcoming week, he's going to be putting his handiwork into the jumping section. I've already decided to call the trail section, "Fuzzys Trails".

- This is what is going on right now & as the next days & weeks follow, we will be looking to recruit locals to become solid, reliable volunteers.
"Would you be interested in volunteering?" Would you like to be compensated for it?" "Do you live within 15-20 minutes of the track?"
If so, please talk to one of us about it!
Right now we could use some more manpower to show up early & water the track. This is a big deal.

I'll continue this story in the upcoming days cuz I'm beat tired after hell week.

b.
“Sometimes if you want to see a change for the better, you have to take things into your own hands.”

Return to “UtahBMX”