Grand Opening practice night @ Legacy, 6/20/20.

Anything and everything about the Utah BMX scene.

Moderators: JAlvey, bnd

bnd
Information Minister

Grand Opening practice night @ Legacy, 6/20/20.

Postby bnd » Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:47 pm

Since not everybody is on FB or whatever other type of social media, I thought I'd give my faithful readers here a sneek peek of what's coming up.

We are pretty optimistic that the track will be near 100% completed by Friday, we are then planning on a big Grand Opening of the track & introducing it to the public as we would on a typical race night. We will have a few give-a-ways, music going & if the turnout is pretty good, maybe some practice motos we can organize over the P.A. system as the night goes on.

If the weather is nice & people want to keep riding after the posted time, I'll see what I can do ala - "the good ol' days at Deseret Peak".

Practice is officially from 6pm - 8:30pm or maybe later.

We also will be holding a practice on Wednesday @ 6:30pm.

b.
“Sometimes if you want to see a change for the better, you have to take things into your own hands.”

bnd
Information Minister

Re: Grand Opening practice night @ Legacy, 6/20/20.

Postby bnd » Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:12 pm

It's Wednesday night practice tonight & I finally got a chance to ride the track for the 1st time. Iv'e coasted around it but never really rode it hard.

First impressions, the 1st straight, wow, it really is a "dragstrip"! One roller about 40ft out of the gate then another 100ft to the table going into the corner. It felt good rapping out my bike & still have plenty of distance to go. This 1st straight was the biggest change I've had to deal with on any track for a very long time.

The rest of the track is still pretty soft but rideable. I was able to session the last straight & jumped all the tables no problem. Once the track gets rock hard all the way around & the little details are smoothed out, this track is going to be like a mini roller coaster.

Stay tuned.

b.
“Sometimes if you want to see a change for the better, you have to take things into your own hands.”

Return to “UtahBMX”