Race Pics Jan 13-15

File race reports and post pictures here! Enquiring minds want to know!

Moderators: JAlvey, bnd

Curtis Newkirk
Photog Extraordinaire

Race Pics Jan 13-15

Postby Curtis Newkirk » Mon Jan 16, 2006 9:00 pm

Just to let everyone know, the pics from this weekend are being sent over the wire to Jason Gallo as I type. Shooting pics of BMX indoors is tough, but I am learning a lot. A big thanks to Travis Healy for the pics he shot. I hope you all enjoy.

Note: I shot the first motos and mains for Friday and Saturday. No shots on Sunday.

Thanks,
~Curtis

J Gallo
Web Guy

Postby J Gallo » Mon Jan 16, 2006 9:11 pm

Sweet! I'm giddy like a schoolgirl! Looks like a late night for me :)
Gallo
"The ability to walk fully upright is overrated. Along with tying your own shoes."

Curtis Newkirk
Photog Extraordinaire

Postby Curtis Newkirk » Mon Jan 16, 2006 10:58 pm

You may be up late for sure!

There are about 390 or so shots that I am sending. Last I checked, Dreamweaver was at about 340 so it should be complete shortly. I sent over all of the shots in thier full format so it is taking a little while. I think most images are between 1.5 and 2 Meg :twisted:
~Curtis

Postby Guest » Tue Jan 17, 2006 9:12 pm

All 389 pics are uploaded and ready to view!

RAD Canyon Indoor Pics

Awesome job Curtis and Travis! GRRRRRREAT PICS!

bmxmomof2racers
Wyoming Correspondent

Postby bmxmomof2racers » Wed Jan 18, 2006 11:41 am

The reason I love coming to the Salt Lake Indoor is because of the great coverage all of the members do. The videos and pictures are fantastic. I love reviewing both after the races. You all do a great job at including everyone at the races in pictures and videos and make a local race as exciting as a national. Pat yourselves on the back and we will see you in two weeks.

Toni

.Curtis Newkirk

Postby .Curtis Newkirk » Wed Jan 18, 2006 2:04 pm

Toni - you just made my day! I know we go through a bit of work to get this stuff up, but I think it is worth it.

Here is a user tip for all: When you click on the thubmnail (the small pic in the directory), it will bring up a window with a medium-sized pic. If you click on this medium pic it will bring up a bigger pic.

Another tip: I actually send the full pic over to Gallo for him to post. He then reduces and resizes the pic. If you would like to have something printable or to send to a developer (Costco or Wally Mart work well) just ask Gallo or me for the pic and we can get the full blown pic to you for the best quality.

Thanks,

J Gallo
Web Guy

Postby J Gallo » Wed Jan 18, 2006 2:14 pm

Yeah! What he said!

I know that I'll try to keep it up as long as everyone enjoys it! Like I've said before, I really enjoy the photography part more than the racing part because I can have a larger impact on the community.

Anyone want to head up a donation collection to get me a better camera? :) :roll: :P :shock:

Thanks for the kind words Toni! And by the way, at the next indoor, make sure you track me down, I'd really like say HI. I should be out Saturday and Sunday, and I'll more than likely be on the track taking pictures. See me there or have me paged or something....
Gallo
"The ability to walk fully upright is overrated. Along with tying your own shoes."

Curtis Newkirk
Photog Extraordinaire

Postby Curtis Newkirk » Wed Jan 18, 2006 2:29 pm

Jason - you are more than welcome to borrow my setup this next race weekend. As much as I love shooting, I would like to get in some racing and with three kids and myself potentially racing it may be a busy time for me :)

BTW - I think I am going to borrow Matt Spencers 20" and race it in the RFL. This means on Saturday I will be racing both 20 and cruiser. Well, maybe 'racing' is too strong of a word :lol:
~Curtis

J Gallo
Web Guy

Postby J Gallo » Wed Jan 18, 2006 3:36 pm

Jason - you are more than welcome to borrow my setup this next race weekend

Do you know how hard that is? To use a nice setup like yours (or Rob's), then have to go back to my digi-cam. It's almost like cheating. It's like going to Black Angus for a nice steak when you know there is perfectly good tuna casserole leftovers in the fridge. :P :wink:

I know I'm not racing on Sunday for the RCQ, but I "might" race the Saturday RFL. To be perfectly honest, I'd rather just take pictures.

Charge up them batteries and clear out the discs, I'm going for 1000 pics :)
Gallo

Curtis Newkirk
Photog Extraordinaire

Postby Curtis Newkirk » Thu Jan 19, 2006 11:55 am

J Gallo wrote:Charge up them batteries and clear out the discs, I'm going for 1000 pics :)

You got it! I have some ideas I would like to bounce off you as well. Can you give me a call this evening?
~Curtis

Return to “Race Reports”