RAD Canyon - Race for Life - Jan 28th, 2006 *PICS*

File race reports and post pictures here! Enquiring minds want to know!

Moderators: JAlvey, bnd

J Gallo
Web Guy

RAD Canyon - Race for Life - Jan 28th, 2006 *PICS*

Postby J Gallo » Sun Jan 29, 2006 12:43 am

Wow, what a NIGHT!! 60 motos (including MTB and No-clips), 290 riders and for what might be the first time at our local... drum roll please.....

SEMI'S!

In not 1 but I think 3 different classes!!

Anyway, it looked like everyone had a great time, and the dirt jumping exhibition was AWESOME! Not only a backflip from Beringer and Fuzzy, but also a FRONT FLIP from Beringer. A-friggin-mazing!

Anyway, I'll post up a few more thoughts tomorrow, but for now, I just got done uploading 345 pics from today's action. There is also a few more that Curtis will be putting on disc for me, and I'll post those up tomorrow. Here's the link:

RAD Race for Life Pics

Can't wait for Sunday!! :)
Gallo
"The ability to walk fully upright is overrated. Along with tying your own shoes."

J Gallo
Web Guy

Postby J Gallo » Sun Jan 29, 2006 12:50 am

Also, Travis over at flynhighbmx.com has uploaded his race video's from Saturday, here's the link:

Sat RAD Canyon Main Video's

Thanks Travis!
Gallo
"The ability to walk fully upright is overrated. Along with tying your own shoes."

Curtis Newkirk
Photog Extraordinaire

Postby Curtis Newkirk » Sun Jan 29, 2006 6:14 pm

But wait...theres more!!!

I will be sending over 200+ pics as soon as I get them processed.

Gallo will be up late tonight!!
~Curtis

D Dale
GT

Postby D Dale » Mon Jan 30, 2006 9:23 pm

Thanks Jason and Curtis for all the awesome pics and to Trav for the great videos. You guys do a great job and I for one truely appreciate being able to have pictures of my boys racing since I am unable to take them.(plus, I would never get the shots you guys do)

I also want to thank the Rad volunteer crew. You all did an awesome job and I am honored to be involved with such great people.

To all the racers, thanks for being so much fun to be around. I have alot of fun in staging and it is because you're all so great. Congrats to all those that raced. No matter what place you took you are all #1 in my book.

To the all the dirt jumpers thanks for coming out and putting on such a great show. You are all so talented.

To all the Mountain bikers you guys and gals are so nice and lots of fun to watch.

See ya in a couple weeks,

Darla

28 n video

Postby guest » Tue Jan 31, 2006 1:06 pm

Is there any chance that they have video of 28 over nov ?

Postby Guest » Tue Jan 31, 2006 4:28 pm

Is this Jess Campbell?

Postby Guest » Tue Jan 31, 2006 7:34 pm

11 cruiser not trying to make excuses for the nationalguy but he was recovering from a broken back and his back went into spasms in the middle of the race. he had to pull out of class and sunday all together.

J Gallo
Web Guy

Postby J Gallo » Wed Feb 01, 2006 11:26 am

I will be sending over 200+ pics as soon as I get them processed.

I'm sorry for not posting these pics yet. I've been tied up the last couple days (well, not literally :) ) and just haven't had a chance to get to these pics. I should be able to get to them tonight, though it might be fairly late (or in Greg's case fairly early), around 11pm.

Also, I'm hoping to get in and put labels on the other 700+ pics that I posted to make viewing a little easier. I'll do my best to identify every rider, but I forgot to grab the moto sheets so I'm sure I'll miss a bunch, so if you see a picture of you without your name, let me know!

Any word on when we'll be going to a 28 hour day? :roll: :shock:
Last edited by J Gallo on Wed Feb 01, 2006 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gallo

Curtis Newkirk
Photog Extraordinaire

Postby Curtis Newkirk » Wed Feb 01, 2006 11:51 am

J Gallo wrote:Any word on when we'll go going to a 28 hour day? :roll: :shock:

I have put in a requisition for this several times over the past few years and have not heard anything yet.

Not a problem Jason. I just shoot them ;)
~Curtis

bmxmomof2racers
Wyoming Correspondent

Postby bmxmomof2racers » Mon Feb 06, 2006 3:01 pm

I just wanted to say thank you, thank you, thank you to the RAD crew. I've been out of town for a week so I haven't been able to view the pictures and video or read the forum on the last indoor until today!

As always you have out done yourselves. We had a great weekend in Salt Lake! The racing all weekend was extremely fast and competitive in all classes!

We were able to bring anther family with us that has never raced in Salt Lake and they had a blast! Both of their daughters raced, one in 6 novice and the other in the 10 girls class! To have semis for the 6 novice on Saturday was a blast! Little Mikayla was so excited! And both Teryn and Tierney experienced their first pick up race when all four girls in the 10 year old class wrecked on the last corner of the last qualifier! They were very excited to make the main, but we were very excited that nobody was hurt too bad!

Thanks again to everyone that makes the out-of-towners feel so welcome!!! Keep up the excellent work! And again, thanks for the great pictures and video! The kids, as well as myself get so excited to see the great shots! Teryn talked about having her picture taken on the way home and couldn't wait to see them!

I'm sorry we won't be able to visit you this weekend with the state race and supercamp in Rock Springs! Have fun and hopefully we will see some of you in Nebraska!

Toni Overman

J Gallo
Web Guy

Postby J Gallo » Mon Feb 06, 2006 5:52 pm

Toni,

I hope you saw the extra pics I got of both Teryn and Teagon. I'd tried to take as many as I could :)

Hope to see you guys down in Salt Lake again soon! Or maybe in Rock Springs if I can drag my butt up there :wink: :roll:
Gallo

Curtis Newkirk
Photog Extraordinaire

Postby Curtis Newkirk » Tue Feb 07, 2006 11:45 am

Gallo - I hate to razz you, but any update on all of those shots I sent you?
~Curtis

J Gallo
Web Guy

Postby J Gallo » Tue Feb 07, 2006 12:22 pm

I got them all downloaded last night, but didn't get a chance to go through and put them up.

I tried to do it this weekend, but evidently I was "informed" that putting up new lighting fixtures throughout the house was more important :)

Not to razz you, but when we gonna some pics of the new baby?!?!? :D
Gallo

bmxmomof2racers
Wyoming Correspondent

Postby bmxmomof2racers » Tue Feb 07, 2006 1:59 pm

Jason, I did see the extra shots of both kids! Thank you so much we love the pictures. You are going to have to go to Rock Springs some time, or better yet plan on attending the big point weekend we have planned in Gillette in July! We have plenty of room at our house to put up a couple of families!

Toni

PS Have a great time this weekend and good luck to all who race!

Return to “Race Reports”