"The NBL stinks!" by Jason Stout

File race reports and post pictures here! Enquiring minds want to know!

Moderators: JAlvey, bnd

JasonStout
GT

"The NBL stinks!" by Jason Stout

Postby JasonStout » Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:53 pm

Not really- but now I have your attention...

...but they did put the port o' potties right by rider staging, so I had to smell the funk of chemicals and human waste before each race. It was horrible when the pumper truck came to clean them out...right before my 3rd round of qualification... So- my experience is- nbl racing stinks- literally- not figuratively!

The NBL is a fantastic organization of BMX racing...

So here it is- a condensed, objective race report of the Boulder City NBL national #1 (The Saturday one...)

The NBL has a different gate cadence
The NBL does not have set age group practice times
The NBL does not start the racing on time

The NBL has a three moto transfer system where you race all three rounds and get total points then the top riders in each group transfer to the main where you get 20 national points for your main wins, but you get 60 national points for your moto wins which makes every lap really intense cuz you get points for winning the lap and the top riders from each group go on to the main-got it?

The NBL honors your ABA membership so you don't have to sign up the first year with membership fees!

The NBL has a UCI series that wears out the pros and prolongs racing and makes for more fun pro racing to watch.

The NBL has announcers that don't know who hardly know the riders.

The NBL tracks are "built for technical bmx racing" rather than power stuff. (this may just be this track...what this transfers into is people wrecking every other moto- major crashes and blow outs! The track speed is slower on average too- different)

The NBL hands out trophies that are all the same size!

The NBL has different age groups classifications.

The NBL took longer to run 106 motos than the ABA takes to run 265.

objectivity done...

I'm glad I was able to figure out some differences cuz, guess what?

I won!

First in 30-34 cruiser
Third in 30-34 expert

:)

JS

It was just beginners luck- cuz I won my first ABA national too! These are the only two national wins I have...unless you cound the redline cup west coast finals pre-race...?

;)

Laters!

Return to “Race Reports”