Coming soon, a Rock Springs race report....

File race reports and post pictures here! Enquiring minds want to know!

Moderators: JAlvey, bnd

bnd
Information Minister

Coming soon, a Rock Springs race report....

Postby bnd » Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:07 pm

Slick Rick says.......

"I can hardly wait!!!

Video & pics coming in the next day or 2, stay tuned.

b.

bnd
Information Minister

Postby bnd » Tue Mar 07, 2006 4:20 pm

It's been quite sometime since Iv'e written up a race report, waaay too long.

Vince & I left Saturday morning & got up to Rock Springs in good time. The track was a back & forth layout, pretty technical & fun. I haven't raced on clips since last summer but I put them on because Iv'e been training with them so I said what the heck. I felt very rusty from the get out & my gates just sucked hard. It took me all of practice to feel half-way decent but with a big cruiser class, I was just hoping to qualify.

First moto 36-40, I got a so-so start following Beau down the first straight but he got really wierd going into the first turn so & dove in hard, got around Kalista & found myself leading coming out of the first turn! I had Ted breathing down my neck on the next straight, banging on me coming out of turn 2 & then banging bars all the way down the 3rd straight. I'm not one to shy away or complain about contact but seeing this is my first race back in a long time & being somewhat gun shy, I told him to chill out going up into a big double, we separating alittle & I decided to try to shake him off, so I went up the berm, brake checked & came out with no speed. Ted high-lowed me & Beau railed & they both passed me down the last straight. Oh well, welcome back Bruce.

2nd moto, I won & felt great doing it.

Main time, Got a great start, followed Beau into the first turn & rode smooth & fast enough so Ted couldn't get close enough to get around me. 2nd in the main.

We stuck around for about an hour practicing & doing gates. As always we had a good time there & ended up going out to dinner with Beau & his new girlfriend then left the following day early.

Here are some pics & I'll have some vid's posted in a few days.

- People smoking in the arena was as bad as Iv'e ever seen it. I had some dude ask me if it was OK if his wife smoked in the stands......what the f%^# am I supposed to say? I said if I don't smell it, it's OK.......yeah right, I could smell it a mile away. If anybody from Rock Springs reads this pass this along to the T.O.s & tell them smoking in the arena should be banned.

Platform Vinnie & Nick Donner had some good racing on Saturday. Vince won & needs only 1 more win to turn expert. I'd like to take this opp to say thanks to Donner who took alot of my video I have yet to post. Class acts, that whole family is!

Utah represented good this weekend.

Beau MaHaffey & friends.

The End.
:D

Vids to come later.

b.

FLYNHIGH
Flynhighbmx Webmaster

Postby FLYNHIGH » Tue Mar 07, 2006 4:27 pm

:shock:

Ummm, how was the track? :D

bnd
Information Minister

Postby bnd » Tue Mar 07, 2006 7:52 pm

:lol:

The track was not a HP track at all. Right out of the gate, about 8 cranks you were faced with a TALL step jump that you had to pedal up & over or you were on the back. The berms were pretty good as was the overall layout. The RS guys know what they are doing nowadays & it's all good.

The smoking thing again.
Now I know there are some Utah people that smoke & stop by this sight too. I'm here to tell ya all that I can smell 1 cigarette halfway across that arena. People were smoking over by the far doors & the heating system was blowing the smoke over to the middle part of the arena. If you want to smoke GO OUTSIDE! I train too damn hard to pollute my body with second hand smoke much less having kids breath that in. :evil:

The parking situation.
I was told by a local that the reason the county is not allowing parking around the arena is because the MX'ers & the BMXer's were chewing up the dirt & grass(?) around the perimeter & they were tired of potholes, mudholes & the like. Give me a break!! It's a total witch to walk 75+ yards in freezing weather to get inside then have to make a few more trips to get all your stuff. I can't imagine having a big family of kids racing & having to haul them all that way, lame!
From what I understand this is not the T.O.s decision, it's the fairpark managers.

I broke up a fight.
2 kids were duking it out over by the staging area & one of them was getting pummeled pretty bad. I yelled at both of them to stop it, when they didn't I really yelled at them & told them I would take both of them to the T.O. The bigger kid screamed at me "I'm telling my dad!!" :roll:
I would hope that these kids were NOT from Utah.

There is 1 more race weekend up in Rock Springs & I'm going to try to *maybe* get something running up there like a No-Clips or a cruiser open race.

b.

FLYNHIGH
Flynhighbmx Webmaster

Postby FLYNHIGH » Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:58 pm

Sounds like it was fun. Wish I could of gone and got some gates... oh well.

They did three berm layout! I am amazed! Truly!

Curtis Newkirk
Photog Extraordinaire

Postby Curtis Newkirk » Wed Mar 08, 2006 3:41 pm

There is something odd about the second photo. Hold on...thats it! I have never seen Dan Donner or Darla Dale in the stands! They are always helping out on the track.

Now that I think about it, I think the look on thier faces says it all. I bet Darla is looking at the staging area thinking about how it could be done better and Dan is looking at that loose spot in turn 2.

:lol:
~Curtis

Return to “Race Reports”