Rock Springs Weekend I

File race reports and post pictures here! Enquiring minds want to know!

Moderators: JAlvey, bnd

crash
GT

Rock Springs Weekend I

Postby crash » Sun Nov 12, 2006 9:44 pm

Wow what a good time! This is the first road trip we have done since starting BMX. The track was great! I even got roped into the parents race. Thanks alot Wayne and Brett! I survived only some sore muscles and bruises. I didnt go down but I think there was a target taped to my back! Or I must have been in the way.
All of the races were very competitive, a decent showing, and the Expert opens were fun to watch.
Do you think the hotel will let us in the pool again?
By the way where have all of the 6 and 7 year olds gone? In July there were two full gates of 6N. Should be more 7I and 6I.
Look forward to going again and I hope all that left early Saturday night made it without problems. I know some turned back. Kind of nasty.

Oh and Brett if you read this I think you are a wuss. Make me ride then wuss out the next day!

I think the Dunehews' had the 50/50 rigged cash saturday and sunday! Plus some swag!

Great fun Great people. :D

crash
GT

Postby crash » Sun Nov 12, 2006 9:54 pm

Oh one more thing, something about Curtis sandbagging, or not riding in class. Even some jeers that he should update his ABA membership?
All hearsay. I wont know for sure I was too busy avoiding Carnage.

D Dale
GT

Postby D Dale » Mon Nov 13, 2006 8:40 am

Rock Springs is always a good time. Thanks to all that help getting the races together. I am not going to name names cuz I know I will forget someone. Thanks for the hospitality and all you do for the BMX community. The pot luck on Saturday night was amazing.

See you all this weekend at Rad Indoor.

Darla

Curtis Newkirk
Photog Extraordinaire

Postby Curtis Newkirk » Mon Nov 13, 2006 10:44 am

It was one of the best BMX weekends we have had. Truly a blast and the Rock Springs folks are amazing people. We tried driving back and when the freeway closed we were taken in by some of the incredible locals. Me and the kids had a blast that night.

Brett, you suckered Wes. The cool part was that Wes manned up and went out and rode while Brett cheered him on from the sidelines. :D

Wes, I was forced into riding. I was not going to do it because of my arm, but the good Rock Springs folks picked me up, threw me on a bike I had never ridden, and slapped a helmet on my head. I felt the cold muzzle of a gun barrel on my back and a grizzly voice said something like: "You better ride boy." So I did.
~Curtis

bnd
Information Minister

Postby bnd » Mon Nov 13, 2006 5:05 pm

Am I reading this correctly that Newkirk raced in the parents race? Tell me that ain't true because the fallout will be bigger than the last sandbagger caught doing so.
Back in 0'....sumthin or other, Logan Indoors had a parents race & Don Healey gated up & preceded to SMOKE them. I remember half the crowd up on the rails hurling insults of "Cherrypicker!" & other things that I won't mention here. Don Healey was fast & still is fast, don't let the innocent baby face fool ya.

If it's true, some people should know better. :oops: :wink:

b.

Curtis Newkirk
Photog Extraordinaire

Postby Curtis Newkirk » Mon Nov 13, 2006 5:31 pm

Bah! I tell you I was forced into it and you say I should know better? C'mon now, I would rather suffer the humiliation of racing with the Dads than have to take a bullet for doing what was right.

Seriously though. Here I was, just standin' there mindin' my own business when Gilbert said, "Curtis, c'mon, get in the gate." I said no, but they insisted. I said I had no bike, and one magically appeared. I said no helmet and one was slapped on my head. C'mon, whatch gonna do in that case?

And, for the record, I did not win or smoke them. I got 2nd :P Kinda like Bernie U always gets 2nd...so did I :wink:
~Curtis

crash
GT

Postby crash » Mon Nov 13, 2006 6:26 pm

I have to give Curtis credit, he was pressured, a full gate was more fun anyway. Some said it looked like a bunch of monkeys riding a tricycle. I hope somebody got some pics.

Punk-Biker940
GT

Postby Punk-Biker940 » Tue Nov 14, 2006 8:27 pm

I had a great time in rock springs last weekend, friday the track kind of sucked but mike fixed it up and it was alot smoother and i finally learned how to manual the rythm!

Extreme Team Coach
GHP

Postby Extreme Team Coach » Wed Nov 15, 2006 11:24 pm

SORRY Bruce

Its part my fault ! I also was one of the people pushing Curtis into it ! Sorry I just like to see everyone having a good time ! Besides he held back and let someone else win ! It was all in good fun !

Wes

You are a good upstanding man and a very good sport ! In fact I think that you handled the track well enough that you might be forced to change your user name ! P.S. don't be hard on Brett we'll get back !
2010 ABA NATIONAL #1 TROPHY TEAM

bnd
Information Minister

Postby bnd » Thu Nov 16, 2006 9:51 pm

I'm just giving Curtis a hard time. My wifes family drove over from Big Piney once back in 00' & Danita talked her brother into the parents race. Nothing like seeing a bunch of guys wearing cowboy boots slam each other in every turn.
Good times.

b.

Extreme Team Coach
GHP

Postby Extreme Team Coach » Thu Nov 16, 2006 11:19 pm

Bruce

Now that sounds like a really good time ! I would have paid good money just to cheer that one on ! :lol: :lol: Thanks for that mental picture ! :lol:

crash
GT

Postby crash » Sat Nov 18, 2006 10:50 am

Do you think Ian can build me a bike w/ an oxygen tank and a cup holder? Maybe some old school cage clips for my boots? And how about some flashing red lights on the back so I dont get rear ended so much.
That would be way cool! I can supply the walmart special!

Extreme Team Coach
GHP

Postby Extreme Team Coach » Sun Nov 19, 2006 9:42 am

Crash

I will help you build it !! I just want to see you out for the ride ! :) :)

Return to “Race Reports”