Rad Canyon Indoor- Round 1! (Nov. 18-20th)

File race reports and post pictures here! Enquiring minds want to know!

Moderators: JAlvey, bnd

JasonStout
GT

Rad Canyon Indoor- Round 1! (Nov. 18-20th)

Postby JasonStout » Sat Nov 18, 2006 9:07 am

Hey All,

It was really great to get back on a bike, and see all my old racing friends again. I even met some new ones.

Wow, the energy level is always high at the indoor races. I guess the proximity of the crowd the racers (and the racers to the racers) makes for some great moments.

Once again, nice build Steve- I especially like the roller 20 feet out of the gate (keeps Bruce away!-jk b, I know you left the rest of you at Passey's)

I had some great laps with my 31-35 cruiser class. They are a great bunch you know! Brandon, Brandon, Jason (Brandon's friend the MX dude), Wayne Brown, Dallas Edwards, and John. John is the new guy. We hope to see you and your family back often!

Dallas Edwards- great race! Congrats on your win last night!

The mountain bike crew was a blast to ride with. It's like a herd of cattle stampeeding around the track! I'm gonna fix my bike and mix it up with you guys again today (I snapped my chain out of the gate last night)

Confession- So the mountain bike guys are really fast and have mad skills- but they don't have great gate starts. One of the fast guys told me he was going to "go when I go"- and since he beat me 1 of the 2 rounds before, I decided to do a "slingshot" start..... :twisted:

...all I can say is "nice save dude!" I was laughing so hard... :lol:

...just for the record, that's bad Karma-that's when I snapped my chain is when I pulled that dirty trick on the mtbr guy.

Well- looking forward to the racing today! Also looking forward to riding on the track build 2.0.

See you at the Track!

(Get yer race reports in kids!)

Jason Stout

JasonStout
GT

Postby JasonStout » Sat Nov 18, 2006 2:44 pm

the saga continues...

...I also snapped 2 teeth off of my cassette. The funny thing is, I took it to canyon bikes and Blake- the same guy who hit the gate- did all the wrenching on my bike.

JS

JasonStout
GT

Postby JasonStout » Sat Nov 18, 2006 11:35 pm

this is the official JS race report thread...(until ya'll post)

Sat. Racing was hot! 50+ motos, and many full gates! 28+ Novice had 2 racks!

My 31-35 cruiser class had a full rack of 8! Awesome! Brandon Smith smoked us all! Brandon, you are a class act, an awesome athlete, and a great guy! Good luck at Grands!

Pro jump was fun! Thanks Mike for making the landing safe for super-casers like me!

I have to say, this is the funnest track ever built for Rad indoor! Thanks again for all who worked their cans off for me to get a few hot laps in!

JS

What did you guys think of...
... the track?
The open motos?
The pro jump?
Your races?
My races?
The human race?

Post your reports...

Ok- I know you all read this stuff every day. I've been encouraged by many ( and discouraged by a few) to keep posting my silly, creative, sometimes synical race reports....you all comment to me at the track that you- love what I wrote and stuff... but let's make this a dialoge...a thread...a community of race reports...go on and post a sentence or two. Don't think you have to be as verbose as I am! ;)

JS

boostman
Huffy

Postby boostman » Sun Nov 19, 2006 12:28 pm

Jason it sounds like you were in the second of the two mountain bike motos on Friday? Were you riding the light goldish, bronze mountain bike?

I think we met, I'm Taylor. I was riding in the first moto. I was straddling a Specialized P.2 with blue spokes, wearing a blue shirt and blue flame TLD D2 helmet.....

Anyway, I'll put in my .02, I had a riot out there! I have raced 20" bmx before in the :gasp: nbl on the Kentucky national track, but this was just WAY more fun. The number of people who turned out to the race was epic. Even with such a cool track in Kentucky we never saw half as many people as I did on Friday night.

My first run was quite eventful because I was using the restroom and as I was coming out saw that all the mountain bike guys were getting setup at the gate! After running about a half a mile in 10 secs to the complete opposite side of the complex, I made it. My first run had a great start but I was quickly passed on the inside by a myriad of riders when I went wide into turn 1 and ended up 4th or something. For the other run and the main I waited near the start finish and rode much, much better.

Overall, I had a great time, and only wish I could have made the Sat and Sun runs as well. Life's hard working at a shop though.

How were the mtn bike showings yesterday? today?

J Gallo
Web Guy

Postby J Gallo » Sun Nov 19, 2006 9:17 pm

Well I finally made it over to the in-laws to use their computer. I've got all 366 pics from Saturday posted up, and I'm working on 226 from Sunday right now! Should be about 30 mins.

Here is the link to Saturday's pics:

RAD Canyon Indoor Saturday Pics

Enjoy! And THANKS for your patience!

By the way, ALL of Saturday's pics are courtesy of Dan Bonker (all DSC images) and Bruce Ritter (all IMG images). Thanks guys!!!
Gallo
"The ability to walk fully upright is overrated. Along with tying your own shoes."

J Gallo
Web Guy

Postby J Gallo » Mon Nov 20, 2006 9:38 am

226 pics from Sunday are now posted. Hopefully I should have a bunch more when I get the disc of pics Dan Bonker took on Sunday.

RAD Canyon Indoor Sunday Pics

Enjoy!
Gallo
"The ability to walk fully upright is overrated. Along with tying your own shoes."

JasonStout
GT

Postby JasonStout » Mon Nov 20, 2006 2:09 pm

Taylor-

Of course I remember you and your sweet ride!

That's awesome you had a great time racing Friday night. On Saturday, we didn't have enough to make a mtn. bike class. They had to run with the cruiser classes!

I hope you can make it out to more races in the future!

JS

boostman
Huffy

Postby boostman » Mon Nov 20, 2006 11:39 pm

I'll be able to make it out to the Friday night races for sure.

I'm currently building my 20 incher so that should be fun too.

Thanks to you and everyone out that night for the warm welcome. I can't wait until my little guy is old enough to throw down at the track too!

J Gallo
Web Guy

Postby J Gallo » Tue Nov 21, 2006 10:40 am

Hello all,

Just a quick updated on the video's from Saturday that Bruce Ritter filmed. I have been unable to get either my video software and hardware to work (and I can't figure out why) so unfortunately I have unable to download any video. It looks like at the point I'll need to purchase at least new hardware, and maybe software. I went out last night and priced a few options, so now I just need to decide which way to go. Hopefully I'll get this resolved soon and will have the video's up for everyone to check out.

Thanks for your patience, I don't know why I'm suddenly having all these computer issues.
Gallo

JasonStout
GT

Postby JasonStout » Tue Nov 21, 2006 10:49 am

Jason Gallo...how much is all this running you to support our BMX online habit?

Return to “Race Reports”