Deseret Peak race report, Sat night, 8th. pic.

File race reports and post pictures here! Enquiring minds want to know!

Moderators: JAlvey, bnd

bnd
Information Minister

Deseret Peak race report, Sat night, 8th. pic.

Postby bnd » Sun May 09, 2004 12:34 am

Had a good time tonight, thanks for all the people who made the trip over from Ogdens RFL, I hope all the tracks that race on Saturday can work together & try to let the racers who wan to hit up a few races on the same day do it. Even starting alittle late we were done with racing by 9:30pm, with practice afterwards for about a 1/2 hr or the length of AC/DC's Back in Black CD. 8)
12 moto's, up from 7 last week. Hopefully Saturday nights can pull a strong & consistant 15+ moto's, everybody seemed to like the track as the most quoted word heard was "fun".
The track will be consistantly improved every race & trouble spots addressed. It sounds like the starting hill, front & back will be paved (I think) by next race in 2 weeks. Just in time for the grand opening & the Race for Life double pointer.

Tonights standouts had to be Ian Elliot for showing some big-time pull, out of the gate & down the first straight.
Mike Kelly, 44 yrs old & boosting the decision maker dub's.
Brody Dale, hitting up that same section.

Remember, in 2 weeks the Open House is happening & till then we will have some special announcments to make concerning the summer long $1 open series, prizes to be had & other fun stuff. Stay tuned.

Here's a series of pics from the 28x main with Ian Elliot sliding under Rich hardy in the first turn.

J Gallo
Web Guy

Postby J Gallo » Sun May 09, 2004 8:17 am

Looks like it was a great time! I was wondering how many people would show after Ogden ran longer than expected. Thanks for the pics and report Bruce!
Gallo
"The ability to walk fully upright is overrated. Along with tying your own shoes."

Return to “Race Reports”