Rad Canyon Indoor-(Jan. 26-28) S, RFL, RCQ

File race reports and post pictures here! Enquiring minds want to know!

Moderators: JAlvey, bnd

JasonStout
GT

Rad Canyon Indoor-(Jan. 26-28) S, RFL, RCQ

Postby JasonStout » Sat Jan 27, 2007 12:24 pm

Nice Race you two! (Dallas Edwards and BrandonTownley)

There we were...I was trailing Dallas and decided to go agressive on him in turn 2. We came out battling through the rhythm section. Being on the outside and a little ahead going into turn 3. I pinched my legs together and braced for impact...

...Dallas got his bars caught in my baggy cotton shirt and send me quasi over the berm. I rode it out and got into another battle to the line with Brandon Towney (sp?).The call went to Brandon at the line!! It's amazing how races can change so fast!

It was so awesome to be in a race like that! Even better that Brandon capitalized on the battle in front of him. Congrats on getting the win!! Fun riding you guys.

I'm continually impressed with the sportsmanship, athleteticism, and class of the guys in my class. I look forward to fun, safe, agressive, and competative races in the future! THIS IS GETTING GOOD!

I'm gonna go put the finishing touches on my 20.

See you there!

Coach Jason
Last edited by JasonStout on Mon Jan 29, 2007 1:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

B-Town
www.btiwheels.com

Postby B-Town » Sat Jan 27, 2007 1:27 pm

I agree!!!!!!!!!!!

That was an awsome race.

I have a lot to learn and could not ask for better teachers!

See ya at the race,
Brandon Townley

JasonStout
GT

Postby JasonStout » Mon Jan 29, 2007 3:08 am

"Quotable Quotes!"

What a weekend!

I'll pick it up on Saturday- My phone rang off my hip all morning as I received calls of RFLer's canceling. I did bring 2 RFLers- One 30 Girl's cruiser, and one 28 Novice who made his Semi, then got the squeeze in his Semi right out of the gate. He crossed the line and said-

"That situation was way to dangerous to be part of, this sport is crazy!"

You should have seen the look on their faces when I took them down to get their bikes and helmets right as a huge group piled up in the 2nd corner in practice. Carson Spencer got run over, and their was a noisy pile up. They were a little reserved after watching that.

Amy Mah got her first win today! Congrats baby!

She threw down with 2 RFLers and barely came home with the total points win. Thanks Cara and Jodi Mosher! (Congrats on winning the bike, Moshers. I hope Halvey will swap you for a complete expert that will fit Dallas- that would be super cool!)

Amy also raced against the 28 novice group of 17 riders. She didn't make her semi- main, even though she got the hole shot and lead to the first corner in the 2nd round of qualifiers. Nice run-girl! (If you remember, Amy made her main in 28 novice on Friday night! She has a blast riding in that pack!)

Brandon,Dallas, Brandon, Bryan, Wayne, and the rest o' ya'll...you guys rock! What an awesome cruiser class.

31-35Cr- Dallas pulled us all to 'til the 2nd corner (where Dallas had a lot of action this weekend...) I went "agressive",- again- for the pass. We hit so hard in the corner I clipped out of my TIME pedals!! I also thought I was going down so I bailed with my right foot. I granny pumped the rest of the rhythm section racing Brandon Smith, then shut the door and sprinted for home-all on the heel of my pedal. Good thing I had practice riding with platforms cuz I had to finish the race on my heel!

"Gosh Damage" I heard yelled from two back. What a rush to race all these guys. Dallas- "You're a good sport and you put on a great show! Congrats on your win Sunday- and nice job in the pro-am race!-You surely would have made the main if you weren't taken out by that Pro you were ahead of!"

The platform race was awesome. Sharing the gate with some fast pros from out of state was great! I would have liked to get some parts from PBP, but the racing was just as fun! Ray won and was cool enough to not collect his prize- he didn't even know about it. From one dealer to another he was "just glad to help those guys stay a little ahead on the weekend!" A-pro guy from Montana who slid out doing a stupid move in the 2nd corner on Sunday got 2nd, Steve Spencer, and then me. Bruce- thanks for showing me what platform pull is- you still got it on the flats! Gallo- We discussed it at the line, and you've got to be on the sauce- cuz man! You never ride, and you smoked us all that one lap! Dang Gina, you were flying! You shut me down in the first straight and you were gone! Nice riding, yo! Wayne Brown, I also gots lots o' respect for your platform pull too! I was doing battle with you, and you were on your cruiser!

I was running a 51.2 gear ratio on Sat doing the platform race (42-16) It was the only way to get out of the gate. It worked in the flats race, but I spun out in the class main.

28x-I got out and over on the group from lane 8, but because of all the extra-cirricular racing, I was soooo spent. I tried pulling up but I was so fatigued that I just started LAUNCHING OFF ROLLERS down the first straight. I was so out of control that I heard Brandon Smith behind me on Jordan's bike say, "Whooaaooo". He thought I was gonna dump and he'd have to run me over! (It was great having Brandon Smith in the class of 20's!-Might wanna look into a nice 20 for yourself- or just share Jordan's!) I was so spent and running that spinny gear, I got passed like I was standing still in the 2nd corner by Steve Spencer- Nice move! It was a drag race down the rhythm section -then I got shoved up high in the 3rd corner...another nice move...then I got shoved into the soft dirt on the side of the pro jump...another nice move! (Well, that one wasn't so nice...) I guess 3 moves and I'm out! (Is it true you can't move over on the last straight in the UCI?) Good thing this is the ABA Steve! 8) :P - Really- nice race Steve- It's always fun racing you!

What a great night of racing all! Thanks for all the quotable quotes! Can't wait for the next one! I'm off to work on my bike!

Get your race reports in kids....

Coach Jason

JasonStout
GT

Postby JasonStout » Mon Jan 29, 2007 3:12 am

Townley-

are you gonna post our race from Friday soon- I'm on the edge of my seat to see it! That was one of the best races I've ever been part of! Thanks again for rollin' on the track, and be sure to thank your wife for rolling the tape!

JS

B-Town
www.btiwheels.com

Postby B-Town » Mon Jan 29, 2007 4:50 pm

clintonoverman
NEXT

Postby clintonoverman » Thu Feb 01, 2007 3:47 pm

All,

Could you give me the fininshes of the 14x race? My family and I made the trek to SLC from Gillette WY to the SLC indoor in years past, and we miss them greatly, (we now live in MN.) Looking at the vids and photos I rememeber what a great job you all did. Keep up the good work-

Clint, Teagon , Toni, and Teryn Overman

J Gallo
Web Guy

Postby J Gallo » Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:02 am

Overman's!! Helloooooooo!! Hope all is going well for you!

I have the main video of 14x from Sunday. It looks like the finish with Ropelato, Lebow, Miller, and Prawitt for the top 4. Here's the link to the video:

http://www.utahbmx.com/bnd/14xmainjan07.wmv

Take care!
Gallo
"The ability to walk fully upright is overrated. Along with tying your own shoes."

clintonoverman
NEXT

Postby clintonoverman » Fri Feb 02, 2007 1:16 pm

Thanks for the info, the Overman's are great, - As I said, we all looked forward to the SLC indoors, what a great time. I enjoy visiting UtahBMX, and might visit during the National.

Return to “Race Reports”