RC- Feb. 9-11, 2007

File race reports and post pictures here! Enquiring minds want to know!

Moderators: JAlvey, bnd

JasonStout
GT

RC- Feb. 9-11, 2007

Postby JasonStout » Sat Feb 10, 2007 3:01 pm

Friday racing was great. The track was in great shape for a Friday race. The obstacles were really challenging and fun. Nice build Steve and crew!

I had total points in cruiser. I was riding my new bike. I spent 1 1/2 hours working on my new bike before the race. I tightened up the freewheel on my first cranks out of the gate, and hoped the headset wouldn't come loose again like it did in practice! I'm really stoked about my new cruiser set up!

John went down in the 3rd corner and broke his collarbone. Get well soon, man! It's never good to lose riders- especially new ones! If anyone knows how he's doing, please post an update.

Brandon and I had our laps, but I think he just saved it for his class race. He mixed it up with the 19-27 X class and did really well. Ol' Russ got in there too and had a nice showing racing the kids.

Amy raced 28+N again. She got the hole shot in round 1. Qualified in round 2 and banged some bars with the boys in the main.

Amy's neighbor Jordan Mills- a VBMX rider came back and raced 9N after being away for 5 months. He lead the pack until he mixed it up with an agressive rider. He saved the wreck but when from 1st to 4th.He's still looking for his first win in the novice class.

Jolleys- thanks for coming out and sweetening the deal for the top finishers. I'm wearing my Answer racing hat right now! I also stuck a sticker on my plate. THanks for coming and giving out some great prizes. Lot's of winners! It was a nice touch on the night!

As always- I just want to give a shout out of thanks to all the volunteers for all they do. Thanks again!

JasonStout
GT

Postby JasonStout » Sat Feb 10, 2007 11:22 pm

Travis- you're my hero. Not only did he fix my bike, he lent me his to race while mine was down for the count. His bike is like a good horse- it knows the way to the line on it's own! It was all I could do to keep up with the bike! I crossed the line and Amy said- "so Trav- it's the bike!" He said, " it sure is, don't tell anyone, k?" (Look for that bike out in the front of the pack tomorrow in the pro-am)

Where was my cruiser class tonight. I had to race kids more than half my age! Nice race Bubba and Robby!

Amy and Lucy had a great race 2nd round! Nice job you two! You are the pillars of that girl's cruiser class- the oldes vs. the youngest showdown is always a great saga!

Jordan Mills got a 3rd in 9N! Congrats. His little brother Cameron raced his first race in 6N. He slipped his pedal in the 2nd round but he's loving this sport!

Do you guys remember your first race?

I'm stoked about building my Enduro yo! Thanks Tony and Mike!

Everyone-Best of luck tomorrow- I hope everyone has a fun and a safe race day.

JS

Return to “Race Reports”