Rad May 17th, DP May 19th -2007

File race reports and post pictures here! Enquiring minds want to know!

Moderators: JAlvey, bnd

JasonStout
GT

Rad May 17th, DP May 19th -2007

Postby JasonStout » Mon May 21, 2007 12:25 am

Awesome first night of racing at Rad! 37 Motos and 170+ riders. What an exciting group! The track was in great shape and the volunteers did their usual fantastic job of keeping it all flowing well.

First round of 31-40 cruiser was a blast. We had Russ and Justin join us for a few laps of fun. It's always great to get the guys with the terminal degrees in their. It always makes for really smart racing! ;)
Dallas decides to go right instead of left in the first corner! He swings it back around just in time to get bumped into by me! You know that guy! the one you're always mixing it up with- the one you seem to share the track with-the same places at the same time- that guy for me is Dallas! Meanwhile Justin Alvey pulls up next to us and we create a road block 3 wide going down the 2nd straight! Wayne and Russ are there wondering what's going on as they can burp our tires at anytime. Throw a blanket over us we're riding in a peleton this lap.

I finally broke away from the pack down the 3rd straight just in time to shut it down. ( I had friends come watch the racing- and they weren't there yet! Just in case you wondered.) I've never gotten so much crap from so many riders, strangers, friends, announcers etc... for any act in my life than I did for shutting it down after such a battle. My spectator friends were grateful- even though they couldn't pick me out of a crowd of 3 the 2nd round.

The main was a good time. I got the snap and the pull only to be passed by Dallas in the 1st corner. He left the door open down the 3rd straight so I took the easy lane on the inside. It's always exciting to come from behind to get the W!

Jeff- nice job on the gate! Welcome back everyone who's been away, Ron- keep it up!

Oh- I noticed- being in Moto #7 that there was a lot of mud in the corners. Please- whoever is watering the track, please, please please make sure it can dry by the time racing starts each round. I appreciate your work- but please keep it safe. All 3 rounds I found some mud in the corners. I think Dan Patterson found some as well!

Did anyone see Levi Foster boostin' the table after racing! He was launching out of sight! Awesome jumpin' skills Levi! Nice show!

DP IS ALWAYS FUN!

Wow those Corvettes were loud! I got to watch the racing on TV on Sunday. Did anyone else catch the action?

Back to BMX! Tooele track is super fun to ride! Lot's of remedial as well as challenging terrain for all!

I brought the Schwinn to win- but that didn't work out. Dallas and Wayne both pulled me all 3 rounds of total points. Wayne and I battled for that 2nd spot all night!

Thanks Darrin for all your hard work. Also- thanks Di for steppin' in to help! You guys are awesome!

JS

greg
2004 36-40 Cruiser State Champ

Postby greg » Mon May 21, 2007 11:56 pm

Jason,
nice report. I knew there had to be a good reason for you to shut down in the first moto. And as far as someone not being able to find you in your moto, all you have to do is look at the guy in first (right?). :wink:

Spencer mentioned the water in the first turn, too. He went down after his front tire washed out taking him and Colton Dale down. He was stuck on the inside and had top carve hard to try and make the turn, but with wet dirt there was no way to hold his line. Oh well, you always have to be able to handle track conditions.

I always marvel at how the 28+ Novies just seem to vanish sometimes. We had a good showing in the indoors, and I think the week before had 7 riders......then this week 2 of us sign up????? So, it was us two older guys with a 19 yr. old to make a total points. I still had a blast just riding, though.
Greg "how long does it take you to crash" prawitt

Return to “Race Reports”