Idaho SCR - The UTAH Show!

File race reports and post pictures here! Enquiring minds want to know!

Moderators: JAlvey, bnd

BLong
GT

Idaho SCR - The UTAH Show!

Postby BLong » Sun Sep 16, 2007 10:11 pm

-made some changes after looking at video-

ok, I will not get this correct (PLEASE FEEL FREE TO SET ME STRAIGHT!!!!), nor will I remember everyone, but here are some details....

Sat:
3rd BPB/Extream Team

Sun:
1st Heather Allrad- cruiser
2nd Alexandra (Alex)
1st Brenlee Fordham- class
2nd Brenlee Fordham - cruiser
2nd Cassidy Shepherd
2nd Max Shepherd
1st Quintin (Stitch) Long
2nd Nick Allen- class
3rd Nick Allen- cruiser
2nd Clancey Welsh
4th Greg Allen
2nd Skylar Campbell
2nd??? Matt Boyd
???? Chris Olsen

++++++ WOW ++++++
+1st PBP/Extream Team+
++++++ WOW ++++++

Other notes...
UT Riders that competed on Sat also did very well. I was not that in tune that day but Stitch took 1st, and I seem to remember Clancey took 3rd and Nick 3rd in cruiser.

WAY TO GO UTAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
----------------------------
truebmx.com

awsm4
GT

Postby awsm4 » Mon Sep 17, 2007 12:38 pm

Let me just way WOW! What an experience. If you had ever doubted how good we have it here at Rad Canyon - one trip to Snake River BMX would clear that right up for you. And I'm not talking about the facility. The Hitleresque approach they take up there regarding their racing is like nothing I have seen before. The track operator/announcer actually had the ***** to say that while on the track he is "GOD" and all things go by him and him only...

Things I have never seen before and hope to never see again:

1. The start of every race consists of a mandatory riders meeting having all riders meet at the finish line for a dissertation given by the track operator/announcer. This dissertation consists of pages of the ABA rule book being read aloud with extra empahsis being put on all things "protest" and "disqualification". The look on my face after 5 min and him saying OK "next page" had to have been priceless, however missing this mandatory meeting would have likely resulted in a "disqualification" so we endured the pain as best we could. Of course after these "protest" seeds have been planted you can all image the garden that was growing during the race. There was actually a protest made against Skylar in the main on Saturday when - coming down the last straight he bonks a roller and gets sideways having to come unclipped so as to not crash. The protest was made by a racer saying he was intentionally RUN off the track while Skylar tried to save himself from the crash - the protest was thrown out after a 5 min discussion by the track operator - 3 finish line officials and 9 track officials determining that the move was not intentional as he was in the middle of crashing and did not look back!@?

AND

2. A track official stationed at 3 positions on every straight away - one at each corner and at least one on each side of the straight. Now this may not be such a bad thing - however - when you have track officials that are scattered over the track watching the race under the guise "be prepared for a protest" and somebody crashes on the track - WATCH OUT. It was like a full on sprint from every official on the track trying to see who could get to the downed rider or riders the soonest. I half expected to see a "least amount of time spent on pit road" errrr least amount of time spent reaching a downed rider award with a bonus and the end of the night. Now with all due respect I have the riders safety in mind just as much as the next, and, realize there are instances that might neccesitate this type of response - but - when the Track Officials are interferring with the outcome of the race, by darting across the track (creating another obstacle for non-downed riders) or even helping riders to their feet and untangling bikes etc. there is a problem. There was even a running joke by a couple of us that if there was an incident involving two riders and the officials helped one or the other kids untangle a bike and sent them on there way to a finish ahead of the second kid they try to help up and send on their way how quickly one of the parents would have lodged a protest.

The hospitality of the local parents and racers was good. The racing was also good - barring some of the stupidity that is brain washed into people...even the track officials and operator were pleasant to deal with but some of the Practices being deployed by them would leave me searching for a new activity to participate in with my son.

I have a renewed appreciation for what we have at Rad Canyon. A fantastic facility. A safe and rewarding enviornment for our kids to compete in. A set of volunteers and board members that keep everything in perspective and above all a place where friends turn into extended family.

I am only hoping that next year if a stack of us Utahns decide to go participate Idahos State Championship we will be able to convene in a much more relaxed and enjoyable atmosphere. An atmosphere the would exclude the track operator from making comments on the P/A regarding his omnipotence as well as calling out another local track for their displeasure in getting beat in memberships and losing the chance to host the race.

Glad to be home...

Oh and yeah one other minor thing I would like to bypass next year...Sitting on the side of the freeway waiting for a tow truck to pick up a 2008 Ford F350 diesel with 10,000 miles on it after dropping a turbo while trying to come home. If Jeremy Fordham doesnt have the worst luck with break downs coming home from BMX events then I can't imagine who does.

**edit**
This just in - its not the turbo but an injector - and with anyluck the 1 tech dealership in Logan might have it fixed by Friday

Adam
Last edited by awsm4 on Mon Sep 17, 2007 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BLong
GT

Postby BLong » Mon Sep 17, 2007 3:20 pm

awsm4 wrote:If Jeremy Fordham doesnt have the worst luck with break downs coming home from BMX events then I can't imagine who does.
Adam

LMAO

guess I could have stopped and offered some assitance :wink:

j/k - that sucks. We would have stopped if we had seen ya! Glad you made it back.

-Brian
----------------------------

truebmx.com

crash
GT

Postby crash » Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:44 pm

Here are a few pics, sorry if i missed anyone.Image
And some from Bear World after the race
This was a fun little detour.

The Idaho racers were very pleasant even if the track was run a little weird.
We decided the last minute to drive up so we got up at 4:30 and got there just in time to practice and get signed up.
As as usual I had something to stress about. Someone left her riding gear sitting on the chair at home. And was going to have to ride in her PJ's. But thanks to Heather and Ian abeing there she got new gear. They always seem to be there at the right time.

Return to “Race Reports”