Friday night! 1-25-08

File race reports and post pictures here! Enquiring minds want to know!

Moderators: JAlvey, bnd

JasonStout
GT

Friday night! 1-25-08

Postby JasonStout » Sat Jan 26, 2008 12:34 am

Racing bikes is awesome! It was really great to be back on the track! Thanks to all who pitched in -in any way to make the race happen.

My energy levels are lower than usual so I had to plan which of my laps would be hot laps. That's something I'm generally opposed to, and usually don't practice, but I needed to do it to last the night. Also- I rode my new 20 inch build and I didn't have the head set adjusted. I came out of the gate first round and everything shook loose! I just sat down-because the thought of riding my bike and having my handle bars detatch wasn't pleasant. :P

I had some great battles with Loseth in cruiser and John Alvey in class! Did you all see Bryan Oblad's sweeeeeet SE Quad with the Mags and all original parts! WOW! 28 pounds of history blazin' the track!

Thanks for trading paint with me tonight! I needed it. I've been crabby lately and people ask why...I just say I haven't rubbed elbows with anyone in a race in a while. They always answer the same..."Huh?" I'm glad you all get it! :)

46 Motos, A couple of Semis, - and some great racing action. It was nice to be back on the track instead of watching it on the web...although- It's awesome that Gallo does all this cool tech stuff.

I look forward to tomorrow! The huge pile of dirt has massive potential! I can't wait to see what Steve does with it!

I'm also pumped to run this cruiser open. The who's who list is getting awesome! Keep the predictions coming...:)

Ron's leadership is top shelf! Roland and Curtis are great MC's and I'm pumped to do it all again!

I'm bringing a small army of RFLers- If you see some rookies on my bikes- please don't hesitate to start a conversation with them. They are for sure shaking in their sneakers, levis and cotton long sleeve shirts! If that doesn't give them away- look for the RFL on their paper plate!!

Peace!

JS

TURN IN YOUR RACE REPORTS KIDS......

go on...drop a few lines...
"Push to the line!"

b2
Not a Troll!

Postby b2 » Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:59 pm

I posted some drivel on my site...

jnasty
GT

Yeah

Postby jnasty » Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:38 am

got a new blog up, and some pics, check it out. had a great time last weekend, sorry this took so long to get up, internet here is a bit wishy washy. See you all in two weeks.

www.go211.com/u/jnasty
DO WORK SON!

JasonStout
GT

Postby JasonStout » Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:42 pm

It's one thing to do it...and a whole 'nother thing writing about it!

Thanks for the reports guys! Keep them coming!

I had 4 RFLers out. Denise lost her father to Lukemia 2 years ago- and she loves the movie Rad. She raced the 26-30 group.

My 13N RFLer did the flying fish off the first jump first round. He's a tough kid for a violin player! (He's one of my students) He shook it off and ended up 6th in main. He wants to continue to race!

28 N- Carleton- Moto fill and he had a great time! This was his 2nd time doing the RFL. The first was in Ogden.

19-27N-Blake fought for a 3rd place finish in the Main. He's also a candidate to come back to race regularly!

Amy had some amazing laps with the ladies! It was great to see the "dirt diva" back on her bike. It was quite a race seeing Tara, Danita and Amy 3 wide on the 2nd straight! Keep it up ladies!

The cruiser open was awesome! Thanks again for setting that up Bruce! I hadn't battled Melton on a cruiser for quite a while! Jonas stayed on the gas that whole sweeper and was gone. TP...he had a flat foot start and still won! I think he was waiting to be introduced! :)

Team Utahbmx.com almost got the win this weekend! It was fun being on a team sheet! I hope more teams are formed.

I can't wait for next weekend!

JS
"Push to the line!"

bnd
Information Minister

Postby bnd » Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:46 pm

Vince brought out a class mate who is quite athletic & plays high school soccer. After a few practices he decided not to race as he didn't feel stable enough to do it. I thought that was the right choice. Hopefully he will be back next race, practice some more, maybe take a Grass Roots clinic & there will be another new 16 novice out racing soon.

Here's the deal on the start of the cruiser open race. I talked to Roland before the mains started to do a Pro style intro for each of the racers on the gate & to pump up the crowd, he said sure. He was announcing the ladies cruiser open race when that moto was only halfway around the track, the starter STARTED the cadence without any warning. TP told me he was standing flat footed on the gate when it started & barely got clipped in at the last possible second before the gate fell. I'm sure it took a few of the guys on the gate by surprise & it took Roland by surprise too.
Maybe some "tips" to the guy who operates the gate is in order when a full rack is on the gate. A simple "Here we go" is all that is needed.

b.

greg
2004 36-40 Cruiser State Champ

Postby greg » Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:52 am

yea, I hate to bag on anyone that volunteers their time at Rad, but I did feel that the gate was dropping abit too fast. I don't mind it just rolling along as long as things are going smoothe, but I do feel that if there is something going on like a crash, someone not set up in the gate yet, younger age classes (ezpecially novice younguns), teh starter should give a warning and hold the gate until everyone is on the pedals.

That said, I did like having the chance to ride the open and regular races without having to pay 40 bucks. The $3 price tag made it worth just going out there and having some fun. I now can say that I lined up next to TP in a race. I dont think i was even around the last turn by the time he was up in the stands sipping a cold one (water of course).
Greg "how long does it take you to crash" prawitt

JasonStout
GT

Postby JasonStout » Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:05 am

When the ref calls a tight game- you gotta play a tight game...

..I was up on my pedals early because I knew the tendancy of the gate starter...

:)

I think it was the only reason I went into turn 1 in 2nd....And yes I came out in 4th....

:P

JS
"Push to the line!"

Return to “Race Reports”