Rock Springs 1-21-05 A freakin' 12 gauge, what do you expect

File race reports and post pictures here! Enquiring minds want to know!

Moderators: JAlvey, bnd

JasonStout
GT

Rock Springs 1-21-05 A freakin' 12 gauge, what do you expect

Postby JasonStout » Sun Jan 23, 2005 1:33 am

So Friday, about 4 p.m. I gased up the Maxima and headed out of the inversion into the traffic of Salt Lake. It was to pick up my bikes from storage (a.k.a.- my parents house in West Valley) and hopefully make it to the second round of qualifying in Rock Springs. After a few chapters of a book on tape, and some city traffic I arrived at my parents at 6:00 p.m.

It was about 7p.m. when I realized in Evenston that I might not make it. I needed a pit stop. My eyes were turning yellow, and I was craving a kid's meal from Wendy's. When it took Wendy's 15 min to get my order, I realized I was in a different part of the country. I was at first annoyed with the lack of order and timeliness of the Wendy's employees, but soon realized it could be used to my advantage. If They are slow(er) here, then they might have a late start building, registering, and running a race, which is, since the last time I checked much more complex than preparing a Kid's meal. This means there is a slight chance, that they too, might be running a little late.

My stereotypical hypotheses proved to be correct. I walked into the arena at 8:30 just in time to hear Dan Patterson sing the National anthem! What a patriot! I joined the flag lappers, and got to know the track.

I don't know about ya'll, but racin' in Wyomin' is funner than cow tippin' in the spring time! It has a nice hometown feel to it. Everyone travels from their small town to be part of the racing action. Props to the Kelly's for all they did to help build the track and run the race. Mike ( "I build sweet jumps and have a sweet bike to take off those sweet jumps because I'm Lucky!") built a fun track, with signature kicker jump on the last straight. That kicker was the sight of many wrecks before and after the race, but very none resulted in injury! Just about everyone in the arena with a bike tried the gap, whether they should have or not.

I raced some fast kids in cruiser, and some faster old dudes in class. I ended up with a first in cruiser, and second in class behind Beau ("now we are even for something you did to me 3 years ago"). Beau (I'm gonna break check you hard") had a good night and ended up with a couple of fast laps for the night. Jason (I'm inviting myself to stay at your place next time I come into town )-is looking forward to racing Beau ("I'm gonna run you into the finish line ladies")-again some time.

The night ended late- after some fun practice riding withMike Kelly, the Patterson's, Jeremiah Fazzio and some of the local riders. The all tried to help me learn to double manual. I still am nowhere near that skill. I'll keep trying. I drove Jeremiah ("what?-my name comes from the bible?- Sunshine ) Fazzio to Salt Lake to meet up with his parents. Sunshine is a quality kid, on and off the track! It was good to get to know him better. I finished the drive back to Logan about 3:00 a.m.

So ya'll might ask. Was it worth it? All that driving for a few hot laps, and a dry place to ride??.........

HECK YES IT WAS!
BMX IS SWEETER THAN YOUR FREAKIN' MOONBOOTS!
WHY DON'T YOU GO FIND YOUR GRANDMA OR SOMETHING!

I'll see you all this weekend at Rad indoor. If you have any bikes or gear that will fit college rookie bmx races, please contact me. I have a herd of race for lifers who need gear.

Jason Stout-("Obviously a Napoleo fan....")

bnd
Information Minister

Postby bnd » Sun Jan 23, 2005 8:15 pm

....and you wanted me to go with you, 3am! FORGET IT!

Nice report. How did it all shake out at Rock Springs this weekend? How was the track?

Now I hope you & Beau can play nice. See you next weekend Jason.

b.

once upon a time flyin J
NEXT

Postby once upon a time flyin J » Mon Jan 24, 2005 12:01 am

oh my napoleon dynamite race reports. Its invading every lifestyle there is. too bad mtv bought the rights to that movie and the guy only made three mill from it.
Yeah rock springs is a great time, I remember one time when I guy rode around the track with his trouser at half mass and the track officials caught up to him and was further disqualified. I dont know about any of you guys, but I wouldnt ride around a track with my pants down, especially in Wyoming. couldnt resist that one.

j
death before dishonor

Return to “Race Reports”