A tremendous thing happened tonite....

File race reports and post pictures here! Enquiring minds want to know!

Moderators: JAlvey, bnd

J Gallo
Web Guy

A tremendous thing happened tonite....

Postby J Gallo » Sun May 23, 2004 9:08 am

At Deseret Peak BMX's RFL tonite, they were giving away a brand new Redline bike to a registered racer. That in itself is a great thing for the sport of BMX. But what happens next, is the miracle.

They call out the winner, and it is none other than Rich Hardy! A very deserving guy in his own right for all the time he spends helping out. Whether its working with riders, or spending all the time he does out in Tooele helping get that track ready to ride. So no one would have thought anything of it if he had just said THANKS, loaded the bike up and took it home. But Rich had another plan. After he raced it in his main, Rich took the mic and gave a great speech about BMX, and giving back and helping riders. And with that, he announced he was giving the bike to Dale Bartashnick, an RFL rider that Rich knew. I was actually up in the gate with Dale when Rich announced it, and he had that deer in the headlights kind of look. Well, he went down and got his bike from Rich, and you couldn't get him off the track after that. He just kept running lap after lap after lap.....

Well, it was a great night of BMX racing, and a better night of BMX giving. Props to you Rich! I know you definitely made a huge difference in one BMX'ers life.

Here's the pic of Rich and the lucky winner Dale.

It's a great thing when those who really don't need it, give back to the ones that do.
Gallo
"The ability to walk fully upright is overrated. Along with tying your own shoes."

bnd
Information Minister

Postby bnd » Sun May 23, 2004 10:14 am

Can we all have a "Yo Bundy!" for my man Rich.....?

1...2...3.... Yoooooo Bundy!!!!!

b.

Hardys
Huffy

Dig this!

Postby Hardys » Mon May 24, 2004 10:16 pm

To all who read this or happened to be there, you have no idea how good this made me feel. To see the smile on this kids face was priceless. :shock: BMX is an awesome sport. Always has been, always will be. I love the racing and the competition, but it's the people involved that make it great. The people and the kids.... that's what gives ME the rush! Rich :P
R&K

rick

Giving back

Postby rick » Tue May 25, 2004 8:59 am

Way to go Rich and Kim!! :D :D

Rick E.

JS

Good form!

Postby JS » Thu May 27, 2004 12:30 am

Rich,

Fantastic choice-The bike made it to the right hands! You made us all proud of you!

...not to mention, that was a great speech. We are glad we got you two back from Montana.

oh yeah...sorry for sending you to the pig swamp, dude. It wasn't intentional. :)

JS

Return to “Race Reports”