Report: DP "No-Clips" race Sat. night. *pics*

File race reports and post pictures here! Enquiring minds want to know!

Moderators: JAlvey, bnd

bnd
Information Minister

Report: DP "No-Clips" race Sat. night. *pics*

Postby bnd » Sun May 29, 2005 9:30 am

What a success! After alot of "I can't get a gate" talk, most everybody seemed to dig it.
Race report.
We had Jason Melton take a hard digger in practice & had to go home. Maybe a separated shoulder but he sounded good after we called him after the races. 10 racers in No-Clip Open & 5 in 28+ X.
The Open moto's were absolutly action packed. Even though Spencer was head & shoulders the fastest & really wasn't challenged, it was a different story behind him. Different winners every moto & I always thought that the new school track designs were the main reason that after the first turn it turns into single-file racing.......well I saw first hand that flats change that, it's clips that cause that. Every moto I was in was bar banging almost every time. I had more contact racing tonight than I have in the last 3-4 years combined. One moto we were 3-wide, swapping spots in 2 corners, it was crazy!
We had an 8 man main in the No-Clip Open with Spencer winning it & I went from 2nd to 4th in 2 corners. Next race I'm definatly sharpening up my cornering skills.
Class I barged the gate & got 4th.
I'm really happy with the turnout for this Open & I am extremely happy with my riding. Seems that I have a knack of doing pretty well on flats so I'm all for having this a regular event. Every 2 weeks or so is the schedule.

I would really like everybodys feedback on this event so we can schedule the rest of the summer.

Here are some pics & yes I have ANOTHER new uniform! (White FLY). 8)

Spencer wins, Stout 2nd, Oblad 3rd.

b.

bnd
Information Minister

Postby bnd » Sun May 29, 2005 10:12 am

Here's a tenitive schedule I made from the Deseret Peak track schedule.

No-Clips races.......

June 11th. (RFL).
June 25th.

July 9, 16, 30.

August 20, 27.

Sept. 10, 17, 24.

What do you guys think?

b.

D Cook
Track Operator

Another Big Night at DPBMX!

Postby D Cook » Sun May 29, 2005 12:30 pm

Hi all,
Well we had another big night at DPBMX and it was great!

As Bruce said the Clipless Open was a huge success and a lot of fun.
We are happy to do this open anytime!

We had 12 motos and I believe 47 riders..... more than we were expecting on a holiday weekend...... so thanks everyone for your support, we really do appriciate it!

Welcome and Welcome back to all of our new or returning racers last night
it was nice to see Treadway and Spencer.... I has been a long time Guys, we are excited to have both your support when you can come out!

Thanks again to all that came out and we will see you all next week!

D&D

justinsbmxmom
SE Floval Flyer

Postby justinsbmxmom » Tue May 31, 2005 7:44 am

From the starting gate, the race was a riot to watch. All the bumping and grinding and feet slipping off the pedals. I couldn't stop laughing.
Last edited by justinsbmxmom on Tue May 31, 2005 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jenni - SE Ridin' BMX Chic

sspencer
Factory Bikini Cuts Hotshoe

Postby sspencer » Tue May 31, 2005 8:25 am

The races were a blast! Big "THANK YOU'S" go out to Darin and Diana Cook for allowing us to hold the event (and series), Bruce Ritter for helping bringing it all together and to all the racers who made it out. We missed not having Jason Melton (injured in practice), Rick Eglintine, Greg Prawitt, Jason Gallo, Mike Kelley, Rich Hardy, Dan Patterson and all the other old school-fools. Next time right?
Hopefully we can grow the event a little more each race. If there is a strong enough demand, we should create a girls and junior division.

Good times,
Steve
Spence'- dizzle fo'- shizzle
UTAH BMX Charter Member

J Gallo
Web Guy

Postby J Gallo » Tue May 31, 2005 8:43 am

If there is a strong enough demand, we should create a girls and junior division.

SWEEEEEET! :)

I think I can compete if you create the Girls division!! Unless Heather is in it, then I might have to go for the Juniors!! :P
Gallo
"The ability to walk fully upright is overrated. Along with tying your own shoes."

Curtis Newkirk
Photog Extraordinaire

Postby Curtis Newkirk » Tue May 31, 2005 10:24 am

How about a cruiser division?
~Curtis

greg
2004 36-40 Cruiser State Champ

Postby greg » Wed Jun 01, 2005 12:08 am

how about making it just a open wheel "race what ya brung, no-clips" race?

I'm real sorry i missed the action! I will definately make it a point to get to some of the no-clips races. Of course, all of my races are no-clips, so it really wont be much of a change.
Greg "how long does it take you to crash" prawitt

Return to “Race Reports”