Deer Valley Down Hill Mountain Bike Race

File race reports and post pictures here! Enquiring minds want to know!

Moderators: JAlvey, bnd

Darla

Deer Valley Down Hill Mountain Bike Race

Postby Darla » Mon Jun 20, 2005 3:54 pm

Congrats goes out to our Utah BMX family for competing in and winning this mountain bike race.

Ian (Belly) Elliott 1st place
Jason Stout 2nd place
Jeremiah Fazzio 2nd place

Heather Allred, Mitch Ropelato, Cody Kelley made it to semi's (If that is what they call it)

Dave Williams had bike difficulties, Arielle Martin crashed, and I am not sure how Jason Halverson did.

Good job guys I am proud of all of you!!!!

J Gallo
Web Guy

Postby J Gallo » Mon Jun 20, 2005 5:35 pm

Oops, I meant to post this before I left town, but Dave Williams gave me a disc with a TON of pictures of this event, I just didn't get time to get through them this weekend. I'll try and have them posted up this weekend (probably sunday) when I get back in town.

Congrats to all our Utah "BMX" riders who showed up and kicked some @ss!! :)
Gallo
"The ability to walk fully upright is overrated. Along with tying your own shoes."

Postby Guest » Mon Jun 20, 2005 8:35 pm

What a day it was! Having the NORBA crew come to town was awesome. I was amazed at the bikes and the riders at that place. It was a long day. (Be glad the ABA runs the Pros throughout the day and doesn't have them practice and run after our practice and before our racing.)

The sunburn was worth the fun day of hurling myself down the bunny hill at Deer Valley. The huge Utahbmx crew, and the hospitality of Staats made the day fantastic.

I've gotta hand it to Ian for handing it to me in the finals! Ian you rode so smooth and flawlessly in our finals. For those of you who haven't heard, I was going through the flags and yelling at Ian right before I ate crap. When we switched tracks in the final, Ian threw down an even better run on the tougher track. Bruce, your bike and Ian would have made you proud. Way to ride Ian!

I was so excited to finally ride my new mountain bike. I have never ridden it on a mountain before, so I didn't know it would hold up. Leeah (my bike) did really well all day!
Dave, Chase, Kara and I hit main street for some red banjo pizza. Chase's family has run the business for 42 years. Our dinner party got a little rowdy. My gut still hurts from all the laughing. Thanks guys for the good day of racing and the fun!

Does anyone have info on the future local series of similar races? (I guess I could go search for it.....)

Thanks Darla for posting the news. I can't wait to see all the great pics of the awesome action.

JS

J Gallo
Web Guy

Postby J Gallo » Fri Jul 08, 2005 7:35 am

I apologize for the delay, but I finally posted all the pictures from this event. All pics taken by Dave Williams, THANKS!!

Deer Valley MTB Pics

Enjoy!!
Gallo
"The ability to walk fully upright is overrated. Along with tying your own shoes."

Return to “Race Reports”